[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this was released 12 years ago What went wrong? Why can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13
File: Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg (30 KB, 447x322) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Colosseum_poster.jpg
30 KB, 447x322
>this was released 12 years ago
What went wrong? Why can't Nintendo release a new one? In hindsight this game was released quite early into the lifespan of the Pokemon franchise
>>
>too hard for the average Pokemon player
>not a mindless rehash like the main games and you know how much they hate change.
>>
They would have to make too many new models.
>>
it was shit and it sold like shit
>>
It's sequel was the worst selling pokemon game ever (only two million) so genius sonority is forever damned to make mobile games now.
>>
>>343180037
That was painfully seen in its sequel Gale of Darkness - all Gen 1 pokemon still used N64 assets..
>>
what's the deal with his tan line?
>>
File: tech frustration.png (31 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
tech frustration.png
31 KB, 154x154
>>343180558
gale of darkness?
oh, you mean POEMON XDDDD
>>
>>343179723
>>343179723

Because many factors

1. the devs who made this are busy makign F2P Pokemon spinoffs
2. witht he jump in 3D, the games are "unnessessary"
3. Critically, the games were only mixed in reviews and only have a cult status.
>>
Miror B and his goddamn Ludicolo team was more difficult than anything in the main Pokemon games when I first played
>>
>>343180947
I didn't want to beat him so I could fucking jam out for a few hours to his theme.
Reminded me of the old country.
>>
>>343179973
Talking out of the ass I see.
>>
>slow chunky combat
>no wild pokemon
>>
>>343181062
see
>>343180947
limited grinding opportunities, an awful selection of shadow pokemon and zero moves to use did make mirror b quite annoying
>>
>>343181062

Yeah, it's still Pokemon but at least one had to think about what to do unlike the current mainseries games where you can pretty much spam A all the way through.
>>
>>343181725
>spam A
>pokemon
stop
>>
it wasn't really difficult but it was neat to see some trainers actually use valid tactics
final boss opening with a skill swap on slaking was a fun surprise
>>
>>343183158

I'm exaggerating a bit, but XYORAS are painfully easy games, and it's not even the EXP Share that makes them so (but it sure doesn't help)
>>
>>343183158
>>343181725
>Not spamming L
>>
>>343179723

>relegated to F2P shit

fuck you Pokemon Shuffle is fun. Leave Genius Sonority alone.
>>
>>343183823
all games are painfully easy once you start using proper tactics though, you don't even need to use strong pokemon to break the game
>>
>>343179723
>normies constantly beg for a console Pokemon RPG
>two were made
>both were virtually ignored
Then again these are probably the same kind of morons that thought Go would be good.
>>
>>343179723
terrible pacing

fights took forever
>>
Because Nintendo is fucking stupid, and apparently they hate money.

The amount of missed opportunities in the last year is astounding.
>>
>>343179723
Fabulous game that suffered from several problems.
First being the over saturation of Pokemon games.
Second being that it had more RPG elements than traditional Pokemon games, meaning its target audience had a harder time and didn't appreciate it as much.
Orre best region
>>
I didn't like Coloseum. I preferred the Stadium games, but because of Coloseum I got Houndoom and other Pokemon not natively found in 3rd gen in my copy of Ruby and it losses my friends off so much.
>>
File: 1305402803829.png (91 KB, 224x220) Image search: [Google]
1305402803829.png
91 KB, 224x220
>>343179723
>final boss utilised the Slowking/Slaking combo
>mfw this was the first time i'd seen it

Felt like someone slapped the rulebook across my face.
>>
>>343184234

they are hand over fist with handhelds. why the fuck would they restrict a main pokemon game to the Wii U?
>>
>>343179723
>Name is Colosseum
>It's neither that nor Stadium

Also:
>Make anti-hero MC just be a hero anyway
>Not allowing you to steal Pokémon
>Teaming up the MC with a useless bitch
>No exploration
>Double Battles: The Game
>Overall shit-tier music (exception: Miror B.)
>>
>>343179723
I remember climbing all the way up Mt. Battle and finally beating it so I could get Ho-oh. Thanks to this game I almost completed my National Dex in FireRed. Loved every second of it.
>>
>>343185040
>Complaining about the game without complaining about the pokemon pool.
Sure did like Flaafy/Amphaos being the only electric pokemon you can get until like 80% of the way through the game, where you get an underlevelled legendary that will take an eternity to catch up
>>
>>343179723
Nintendo didn't release these games, Genius Sorority did. They're too busy milking Pokemon Shuffle.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (18 KB, 278x424) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
18 KB, 278x424
>>343179723
Answering your question:
>Stadium 1-2, Colosseum, XDDD and Battle Revolution were made by Genius Sonority, not GameFreak. They're not canon at all
>Pokémon director Junichi Masuda adressed that since XY the games were in 3D, there was no point in making another one of these

That being said, Colosseum and XXDDD were shit man. They had horrible characters that were cringeworthy as fuck (even for Pokémon standards), slowlier pace than FUCKING DP, battles start getting longer exponentially (ones lasting up to half hour, I know this because I just played the game like a year ago).
>>
I suppose this and Gale of Darkness are evidence that Pokemon shouldn't change their formula if they want to make the most money
>>
>>343179723
because Nintendo doesn't listen to "gamers" or their "consumers" They listen to middle aged house wives who stay at home with little Shen Shun and Kai Shun who are home from their cram school and don't want their kids sitting down playing video games. No their children need exercise, so then Nintendo puts more money into motion control games. The only reason why the handheld market is so big over there is because their kids want to get out of the house from their parents who want them to study. Fortunately for them though Nintendo realizes that the only thing they have done right in the past 10 years is the massive DS Library and they continue doing pretty well with it. The second it comes to any other game on their console, or any time they need to make a new sequel to a game they just phone it in, and rehash the project they released last year. Fuck the only reason why anyone is getting hype over Legend of Zelda Breath of Fresh Air is because they aren't bastardizing the series with another HD version or recolor/reskin of an older version and doing something somewhat neat.

That all being said I fucking miss Colosseum 1/2 with the mini games. Those games were great, and we haven't seen minigames in a pokemon Colosseum Game for longer than 12 years ago.
>>
>>343185828
Stadium 1-2, but my point still stands. Those minigames were damn good fun.

clefairy clefairy clefairy clefairy
>>
>>343185828
Nintendo is just a parent company to TPCi. They're the ones that are in charge of pushing the games out.
>>
File: nintendo marketing strategy.jpg (89 KB, 630x720) Image search: [Google]
nintendo marketing strategy.jpg
89 KB, 630x720
>>343186223
I guess what I'm trying to say is that someone somewhere along the line isn't willing to listen to the consumer. Instead we get games that are only appealing to elementary-middle school kids (ages <14) while occasionally getting 1 good gem once every other year, with the exception of 1-2 niche games once a year. The rest of the pile ups are just rehashes of older series because the company as a whole is afraid to do something different.

I guess it does make sense to corner the game market for kids, while Sony and Microsoft box it out for the 15-25 demographic, but seriously they could be doing so much better if they had one person who wasn't so grossly out of touch that they think federation force, or color splash should be considered good ideas.
>>
>>343186718
>the public who are
>>
File: ni__er.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
ni__er.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>343184685

>Scizor used Baton Pass
>>
File: 4chan lets loose.jpg (67 KB, 346x284) Image search: [Google]
4chan lets loose.jpg
67 KB, 346x284
>>343185040
>>Overall shit-tier music
>>
>>343183823
Pokemon is easy if you gitgud.
Honestly, hop on showdown or whatever and you'll get crushed hard.
>>
>>343186860
That's what I get for posting someone else's picture without proof reading it.
>>
File: 1445886135873.jpg (182 KB, 516x574) Image search: [Google]
1445886135873.jpg
182 KB, 516x574
>>343179723
>tfw used AR Max to get infinite flutes to purify every pokemon
FeelsGoodMan
>>
>>343187110
>>343187110

>tfw i did it the "legit way" (as in leaving the console on overnight, using the ledge trick

Ho-oh was worth all that.
>>
File: Remember this.png (216 KB, 458x643) Image search: [Google]
Remember this.png
216 KB, 458x643
>>343185913
>>
File: all of my yes.jpg (46 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
all of my yes.jpg
46 KB, 500x282
>>343187576
my nigga.
>>
>>343185040
>Double Battles: The Game
>implying that isnt a good thing
"hur durr here's a new battle type but only a few certain trainers will use it"
The Double/Triple/etc. type battles are underused and with all these moves that are designed for them that are practically useless with how uncommon the different battle types are.
>>
>>343179723
Why did everyone in the game have such autistic names?

>Es Cade
>Miror B
>Beluh
>>
>>343187897
This
Every goddamn mainline Pokemon always has some new gimmicky battle style they use a handful of times throughout the entire game, make like 10 moves for, and then drop it and never touch it again.
Sun and Moon are showing off that 3 way battle thing and I can fucking guarantee you'll be able to count the number of those battles you'll see on a single hand.

I'm certainly glad Colosseum had the balls to mix things up like going exclusively double battle, and throwing out the awful 8 gyms structure.
>>
File: haha1.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
haha1.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>343185040
>Overall shit-tier music

In other news you have shit taste
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Miror B is the greatest Pokemon character of all time.
>>
>>343179723
>Why can't Nintendo release a new one?
they did
>>343180356
it wasn't it was pretty great, just like pic related
>>
It and its sequel failed because they weren't fully fledged Pokémon games.

People expected a proper 3D Pokémon, Colosseum and XD was only half of that. So people dropped them.
>>
>>343179973
This was literally my first pokemon games and games in general and I didn't have too much trouble with it.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.