[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Franchises that ended on a high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: bopara.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bopara.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Franchises that ended on a high
>>
>>343177328
Paradise was not the last burnout.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 656x369
So you're saying pic related is a masterpiece?
>>
>>343177328
>>343177482
Look up burnout: crash
>>
>>343177482
it was also ruined by openworld disease
>>
File: Half-Life_2_Episode_Two_title.jpg (63 KB, 234x312) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_Episode_Two_title.jpg
63 KB, 234x312
>>
>being narcissistic enough to include spin-offs

What a great bunch you are
>>
Burnout 3 was literally perfect, there was no need to change the winning formula but they fucked it anyway by changing fads
>>
>>343177328
Paradise was by far the worst Burnout.

Game was completely ruined by the misguided attempt to make it open world.
>>
I liked paradise most, second to burnout 2
goofing around online was excellent. I miss it.
>>
File: halo3.jpg (127 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
halo3.jpg
127 KB, 1279x720
It's a shame; there hasn't even been another halo game since
>>
>>343177664
>le open world is shit no matter what maymay

Fuck off. If done correctly, open world can be fucking great. Burnout did it correctly.
>>
File: header.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
>>343178250
I'd kill for another C&C
>>
>>343177779
You use the internet
Google 'define:narcissistic' (everything between the ' ' )
Does that definition sound correct in your context? If the answer is anything other than 'no', you're an idiot
>>
Pic not related? Open world and racing don't fucking go together.
>>
>>343178507
>Does that definition sound correct in your context?
Yes

>you're an idiot
subjective
>>
Red Dead
Advance Wars
>>
>>343177328
>ITT: Franchises that ended on a high
Pic not related.

Paradise is shit.
>stripped most things that made burnout fun, left with NFS: Burnout edition
>open world and choosing your own road in a race is competely useless because its a fucking race, and you're always driving the shortest possible route, unless you're deliberately gimping yourself
>only 8 finish lines on the whole map which results in 50-100% of the races being on the exact same tracks
>no quick select so you race from a to b, and then back from b to a the whole game, because driving around on your own is pointless(muh exploration)
>annoying fucking DJ handholder what even won't shut up when disabling help in the options
>generic indie rock music selection
>and once again because it really matters: stripped of everything Burnout until only a corpse was left
I don't care if you think BO2 or 3 was best, that's up to you. But Paradise is the biggest piece of shit in the franchise.
>>
>>343178596
>Days of Ruin
>high

fuck off. The game is alright but it is by no means the best in the series and pretty much took all the fun out of it.

And I'm not talking about the grimdark story, their attempts to make the gameplay more balanced also made the game more unfun to play.
>>
>>
File: The Only Game.jpg (2 MB, 1381x1742) Image search: [Google]
The Only Game.jpg
2 MB, 1381x1742
>>343177328
I'm glad they finished this after Lost Chapters. A really good stand alone RPG. I'm glad nothing came after it.
>>
>>343178806
>>343178379
>>343178250
Pretending the series ended where you wanted it to end completely defeats the purpose of the thread.
>>
File: JUST_CUCK_MY_SHIT_UP.png (954 KB, 1055x760) Image search: [Google]
JUST_CUCK_MY_SHIT_UP.png
954 KB, 1055x760
>>
>>343178863
What do you mean anon? They did end. Headcanon doesn't count here.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.