[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya Physics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: giphy[1].gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2 MB, 360x203
What games have the best use of physics objects/ragdolls/destruction?

One of the things I love most about TES 4 and 5 are the hundreds of physics-enabled items that can be interacted with and looted.

I know lots of games have physics clutter, but in TES most of the items are actually something of value or interest, not just random rocks and clutter, even if there is some of that too.

It makes magic especially feel great and powerful when you launch a fireball and see the inventory of a room explode and bounce everywhere.

Red Faction Guerilla is also a good example of a really entertaining way to implement physics into the gameplay.
>>
>>343173693

TES is fucking terrible in the physics department. Honestly? TES is one of the worst simply because its a 15 year old engine and Bethesda is too cheap and lazy to make better.

GTA V and Battlefield have much more impressive engines and Unreal and CryTek are also some of the best. Bethesda won't even land in the top 50 games with engine physics tech.
>>
>>343173871
It may have been a bad example, but I couldn't think of any other games with the same sheer number of interactable physics objects in a room at once.

Well, except RF:G, which I mentioned.
>>
File: 376.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
376.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>343173693
This game would have been the absolute dankest of shits, if development hadn't ground to a halt.

It eventyally released on Xbox live arcade as a shitty shadow of its former self.

Original trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TU65KaPXI

>its been 9 years already

Holy fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACZMsKN7fk

never ever
>>
Exanima has some fun fightan physics
>>
File: Fluid_physics[1].gif (980 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Fluid_physics[1].gif
980 KB, 800x600
what games has the best water physics?
>>
>>343174554
wasn't there like a pc version available long time ago? I remember playing it, was full of bugs and had terrible performance though
>>
>>343179204
Yes there was.

They pretty much released the game as it was for free. It had 5 or 6 maps, only 2 of which could be played if you didn't have the gimmicky dedicated PhysX card. It only had LAN and bot match functionality.

Was pretty fun to play, but as far as I know its impossible to get it to run on anything newer than Win XP.

Quite a shame because I remember having lots of fun fucking around on the 2 avaliable maps and playing with the psychic powers.
>>
>>343173693
Besiege.
>>
File: 1412660569571.jpg (225 KB, 560x988) Image search: [Google]
1412660569571.jpg
225 KB, 560x988
>>343173693
is this Next Car Game demo or what?

My FlatOut/Destruction Derby sense is tingling.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.