[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Destiny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 356x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 356x414
what went wrong?
>>
>>343172970
The story.
Other than that I really liked it, but I also like Borderlands so I guess I just have shit taste
>>
>>343172970
Inexplicably no PC release.

I could swear to god they said it was coming on PC later but it just quietly got forgotten about.
>>
>>343173143
No, that was just /v/ wishing for a port, like always.
>>
>>343173143
There was hype for bungie returning to its PC roots once they left microsoft, thats it.

I hope you recognize what a shit company Bungie is at this point. They left with oodles of Halo money, Im sure, and immediately signed in with activation for "4 games with mandatory DLC"
>>
>>343172970
Never enough content. When the game releases a new DLC its great but after a few months its boring as fuck. This 6 months stretch of DLC is ass. They really should have new content every 3 months or so.
>>
File: 1410216869-early-hive-catacombs.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1359) Image search: [Google]
1410216869-early-hive-catacombs.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1359
>Story got fucked when Staten left
>Content cut into DLC (Taken King and other dlc stuff was in the original trailers)
>PvP and PvE not balanced separately
>Bungie going for more "serious" multiplayer (no gametypes, no forge, no customs, no theater mode)
>Lead designer
>Jason Jones
>>
>>343173386
They cut a full game into DLC and altered the story.

People who bought day one will have paid nearly 200$ for the full game come September, even those who hoped on the train with TTK bundle have to pay $90 total.

Activision nickel and dimes everyone harder than any company has done for a AAA game and yet there really isn't much of an outcry. EA got hate, rightful hate, for ME3 ending DLC but no one really speaks up about Destiny. And that's why they are getting away with it, and will do the exact same thing with Destiny 2
>>
What went right with The Taken King?
>>
>>343172970
Multiplayer is so fucked. Halo had yearly tournaments and Destiny has yet to have even one because the multiplayer has so many fucking issues.
>>
>>343172970
Fps on console is what happened. Controllers are gank for fps.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 306x306
>MUH STORY

reminder: these are the same fuckers who complain about Sony """"""movie"""""" games
>>
>>343173728
>PvP and PvE not balanced separately
I will never understand this.
>>
>>343172970

I liked the game, fairly repetitive but it was fun.

I really like the multiplayer until it started to shrink here in Australia.

The biggest problem for me is none of my friends play it so I was always solo.

So I think I missed out on a lot of content.
>>
>>343172970
>what went wrong?
Someone at Bungie thought that making a good an compelling MMO can't be all that hard and they don't need any prior exprience or advice on it.

Also cut content.
This complaint gets thrown around so much nowadays that it's lost its meaning, but it's 100% true for Destiny: there simply was not enough to do in the game at launch and almost all content that was later added over multiple expansions had been planned to be there from the getgo.
>>
>>343172970
>"We're not an MMO guys!"

Game is an MMO with all the baggage of boring grinds, terrible PvP, and mediocre single-player content that comes with MMO's.
>>
>see posters for destiny at eurogamer expo
>go home and check it out
>holyshit.jpg
>idea is legit, can finally get a game from halo developers on ps3
>pre order that shit

FF to release
>been listening to the soundtrack for a week, hype is real
>predownload done, release is late af so have to play next day after work
>friend on 360 isn't working and gas already hit level cap when I get home
>wtf level cap
>slowly progress as playing on my own
>hit level cap, stop playing
>occasionally come back for an hour of pvp until paid downloads, quit at that point

FF to last Christmas
>taken king on sale on ps store
>cop it because want to give destiny another chance
>hit new level cap in a day

Became a PC mustard after that.

Also fucking reddit spamming about how great each paid update was. Had I paid full price, I would've paid as much as 2 AAA games for a 50% finished shitshow. Blows my mind that people are willing to pay for content that should be free as an apology for releasing a 25% finished game
>>
File: drink the pain away.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
drink the pain away.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>343173728
That picture itself looks more tense and exciting than ANYTHING in the base game or any of it's DLCs.
>>
>>343173728
Do you have the art of the moon being destroid and looking like a skull?
>>
File: daniel-chavez-curator-sketches.jpg (373 KB, 1500x1345) Image search: [Google]
daniel-chavez-curator-sketches.jpg
373 KB, 1500x1345
>>343178210
Remember the dead forests or Mars? The glaciers and endless snow wastes or Europa? How the Fallen were supposed to be agile, climbing menace, creeping the dark? How the Hive were supposed to be magical creatures able to control nature? Remember how titans were supposed to believe in steel, warlocks in the power of the mind and hunters on their fast wit and hands?
>>
File: db_destiny_227.jpg (1 MB, 1480x1480) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_227.jpg
1 MB, 1480x1480
>>343178546

Haven't heard of those, do you by any chance mean these pictures? They are concepts of the Traveler
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.