[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It hasn't gotten better than this and you fucking know it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
It hasn't gotten better than this and you fucking know it
>>
>>343170562

>GTA SA map
>GTA5 scope of world
>GTA5 + SA activities (gym, different fighting styles, NOS for cars)
>GTA SA story (territory conquest)

everything else can stay the same as in GTA 5 but those things would make GTA 5 perfect
>>
>>343170562
black people just always have fun
>>
>>343170990
How about not watered down technology from IV?
>>
>>343170562
Vice City was the best.
>>
>>343170562
The most fun I ever had online was GTA:SA Mp mod for PC. And cuckstar feeling emasculated and bitter over hot coffee has shit on pc gamers ever since.

I just wish somebody could make a good sandbox type game to compete with GTA and prioritize PC to rub it in their fucking face.
>>
>>343170562
Just nostalgia and memories of discussing secrets and shitty videos of "bigfoot" and ghost cars at Pizza fuelled sleepovers and around the school with friends.

You know this to be true
>>
>>343170562
GTA V has everything this has and more

grow up you nigger loving faggot
>>
V is the worst game in the series and you fucking know it
>>
>>343170562
Saints Row 2 is the best one.

Although playing through the GTA series recently, goddamn is V's gameplay just an absolute chore.
>>
In terms of characters, I like GTA V better.
Especially Michael with his family troubles was a pretty funny character. Franklin was decent too. Fuck Trevor though. He was just there to please the "I want an edgy character just like me" crowd.
>>
>>343171767
GTA 1 and 2 still exist sempai.
>>
>>343171917
Micheals a cuck, Franklin is worse CJ and Trevor is just a textbook violent psychopath.

That's unfair. Legit liked Micheal. Only one with an actual story arc. Especially like how unlike Trevor, Micheal is legit fucking simmering with anger at his life. And his problems actually get resolved.

Would say that it's obvious that De Santa was intended to be the protagonist and they just threw the other two in as playable because why not. I wouldn't say that three playable protags adds anything to the game, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>343171917
you sound like a little baby'

also franklin was shit, rockstars ''''''black'''''' protagonists have always been shit.
>>
>>343171767
>>343172064
So does IV.
>>
>>343172064
>that constant zooming in and out on the fucking cars while driving
Just fuck my nausea up.
>>
>>343171686
>add a bigger map
>only 1/4 of the map has shit to do
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>343171241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhN1t_7PEY

>you will never play Vice City for the first time

Why live?
>>
>>343172240
Sorta the same with San Andreas. Considering that they're both set in the same place.

I don't remember if V had Las Venturas though. Think it at least had San Fiero. Or it got gobbled up into Los Santos or something. It's been a while.
>>
>>343172318
V doesn't have either. It has Los Angles and tries to capture various parts of Southern California.
>>
>game made in 2004 has more content than a game made in 2013

I'll never understand why they didn't just take the 3 cities from SA and port them to V. It's fucking stupid that they just put Los Santos and then a bunch of shitty forest, and a desert city nobody cares about

also best song from SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twahcMCgss
>>
>>343170990
GTAV needed better world-building, characters, missions to beat out San Andreas though.
Which sounds more exciting as an early-game mission:
>get in a mall shootout with Russians before the entire thing turns into a Terminator 2 chase sequence
Or
>blow up a guy on TV who invented a Facebook phone
I mean hey, both games felt appropriate for the time they were set in: the characters in San Andreas put in work to get shit done and were always active, while most of the characters in V were just lazy, either absorbed in social media or the mob mentality of other people.
Expect GTAVI to feature a lot of political correctness-based characters woven into the central roster.
>>
>>343172479
Christ it HAS been a while.

The worthless amount of countryside wasn't exactly to San Andreas' favour.
>>
>>343171561
>tfw scared shitless when CJ respawns after a katana duel with friends
>>
>>343171561
Nah, I started with GTAV and have been going back through the series and San Andreas definitely holds up.

Vice City has great dialogue but otherwise it and 3 are clunky as fuck. 1 and 2 are eyemurder.
>>
File: Salton Sea Sign.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Salton Sea Sign.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>343172649
Well a lot of Southern California is Desert and farmland.
P.S. The Lake in the middle of the map is close to its real-life equivalent, except there isn't any mountains on the edge.
>>
>>343170990
>>343172573
Plus something to do while you're not doing missions, like drug delivery, weapon dealing, they where so bland and few in the game it all is so forgetable, because you only do it once and then never again.

Like a real drug deal mechanic like in Chinatown Wars would've been so awesome, like only exclusive to Trevor or Franklin or something.

But noooo, game shittalks Libs so much, while it censors itself and gets blander and stupider every release. Don't they see the irony?
>>
>>343172649
The countryside had secrets hidden away in it. There were also several small towns, most of which had buyable houses.

GTAV only had one city, Los Santos, less small towns, and its wilderness consisted mostly of mountains that had nothing going on for them that ate up a huge amount of the map. SA had several story missions and side missions that had you going out into the countryside, whereas GTAV only had a comparatively small number of missions set outside of Los Santos itself.

The world of SA was smaller, but it felt more lived in, too. The Grand Senora Desert in GTAV barely has any actual desert to it, whereas the entirety of the northern part of SA's map was desert. Despite the size difference, going from one side to the other didn't abruptly end the desert section as fast as GTAV does.

And going back to my other point, the reason why that is was because V put in a massive amount of mountains EVERYWHERE.

This isn't even getting into things like how V barely had any interior areas you could enter. You can't even enter any fast food places or bars. And a lot of the interiors that were present in the game could only be entered once, during specific missions.

The game had a bigger world, but it felt a hell of a lot emptier and provided less things overall to do and see in it.
>>
File: latest.png (225 KB, 372x482) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
225 KB, 372x482
>>343172784
>eyemurder
Go to hell man, i replayed 2 recently and had a great time. Go be entitled somewhere else.
>>
>>343172784

1 and 2 were the fucking bomb. that birds eye view was so good for car chases.
that's why chinatown wars is a fucking stellar gta and definitely one of the most underrated.
i'm replaying vice city right now.. it's certainly clunkier that i remember (with less to do) but the soundtrack and general vibe is great.
i need to play san andreas again as that's the one i played the least of back in the day.
>>
>>343173594
>>343174465
Chinatown Wars was great, but you're telling me you didn't get the constant zoomy inny out stuff? Shit made me sick to play the game.
>>
>>343171917
Trevor is actually the most interesting protagonist.

This is because he's the only protagonist of the three who has a long-term goal (building his business), since Michael and Franklin just bumble around doing odd jobs.

The theme of GTA has always been about rising to the top, so it's a shame that Trevor is the only protagonist that adheres to it.
>>
>>343172573
The mall shootout sounds more exciting because it sounds like something that gives you freedom of approach.

Most of V's missions are gimmicky scripted shit, which makes replaying the game a chore.
>>
>>343175310
Some fucking hillbilly jacking in a barn having delusions about Trevor Enterprises doesn't mean jack when he never actually does it.
>>
>>343175310
Being on a plateau throughout the game is Michael's in-joke, he gets thrown off it and he gets back on, that's his actual arc, and Franklin taking him as a role model is just the cherry on top
>>
Franklin had an alright story but his missions were fucking boring
Trevor felt like a proper GTA protag
Micheal was great but belongs in a different game honesly
>>
>>343171241
Vice City was thematically awesome, but gameplay wise little more than a texture swap of GTA3.
SA strecthed the engine to its limits and felt like a completely different game.
>>
>>343175842
>Trevor felt like a proper GTA protag
Like half of GTA's protags were mute and the other half are constant whining dickweeds.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.