[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Take a hapless, cynical, abused drug addict under your wing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: fallout-4-Cait.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-Cait.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
>Take a hapless, cynical, abused drug addict under your wing
>Adventure around with her
>Befuddle everything she knows about the world with acts of selfless kindness
>Eventually help her kick her drug addiction, for which she gratuitously thanks you
>Form a relationship with her, wherein she opens up to you about the impact you've had on her and shows a drastic change of character from when you first met her
>After this, she still disapproves when you help people and continues to approve of selfish, scumbag behavior where she sees it at a point where this no longer makes sense

Why is this allowed? I know there are some lazy programmers over at Bethesda, but would a few little affinity modifiers be too much to tweak? Stupid shit. What other companions do this?
>>
Lazy programming?

Dude, that's the most realistic female you'll ever see.
>>
File: arDVPp7.jpg (18 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
arDVPp7.jpg
18 KB, 300x298
Look it's not as deep as your autistic headcanon fampai

Stop trying to force your dumb ideals on things that aren't there
>>
>>343169702
Ohh you must like the Gay pandering pandaren SJWed J.E "Cucklord" Sawyer's Fallout: New Vegas.
>>
>>343170007
Never played it but that's quite a mouthful.

Ironic shitposting, am I right?

>>343169806
Well yeah, otherwise I think companion writing in general in this game is so good that it makes past Bethesda games look like dogshit in comparison. Moreso than they already did, what with static cutout companions that regurgitate 3 recycled lines of dialogue over and over.

>>343169870
Let me have this.
>>
>>343169702
>hapless

stop making up words faggot
>>
>>343170150
>Never played it but that's quite a mouthful.

Just play it.
ohhh your mouth will be full no doubt, full of cocks. lol.
>>
>>343169702
It's funny because in some instances when you talk about purging synths Danse disproves.
>>
>>343170007
Fuck off Todd, your game is shit
>>
File: 1448665384611.png (124 KB, 358x272) Image search: [Google]
1448665384611.png
124 KB, 358x272
>>343169702
You try to make it sound like characters in Fallout are actually deep which they are not.
Why are you even suprised?
>>
>>343169702
It does make sense. After doing her questline, she basically goes from hating everyone to hating everyone except you, that's why she encourages douchebag behavior from you. It isn't lazy programming because they already programmed her to disapprove when you do drugs after getting her clean, rather than approving. They simply intended for her to always encourage douche behavior.
>>
>>343169702
>Using companions in Fallout 4 when the Lone Wanderer perk exists
>>
>>343169702
I thought that was FemShep for a second.
>>
>>343170382
Read a fucking book you brain damaged faggot.
>>
>>343170608
The concept is fine within the context of the game. The fact that she doesn't alter her attitudes after her character mission undermines it. No one is saying the characters are deep, simply the the fact their character doesn't develop after the or special Character Development Mission is lazy and yet another example of Fallout 4 being underwhelming.
>>
>>343170608
valentine got some depth
>>
>>343170382
At least do a google search before spouting things that make you look like a complete moron.
>>
>>343169702
>fallout 4 is a shit game with shit characters
WOOOOOW
>>
File: 1413667723971.jpg (21 KB, 290x324) Image search: [Google]
1413667723971.jpg
21 KB, 290x324
>>343171816
>Not fucking your perfect french woman AI the moment you put her in a body with the right holes
>>
>complain about no rpg choices in Fo4
>game gives you choices
>WOW FUCKING BETHESDA SO LAZY SHIT DEV NV WAS BETTER

/v/ is so hypocritical
>>
>>343172246
i believe the term is "yahoo"?
>>
>>343169702
>Implying this doesn't happen with every companion.

>Adventure with Danse.
>He hates synths.
>Suddenly he IS A SYNTH
>Save his life from The Metal Bros
>Still spouts how great the Famalam of Tin are
>Still disapproves of helping synths
>>
>>343172283
You misunderstand.
>>
>>343170007
Sure thing """""""Todd"""""""
Don't you have a game to push Toddyboy? Maybe if you suck my dick i'll buy your game.
>>
File: tumblr_o14gvhmuNf1sis4wzo1_500.png (380 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o14gvhmuNf1sis4wzo1_500.png
380 KB, 500x707
>>343172246
"People keep looking at my backside, is there something wrong with it?"
>>
>>343170007
>Gay pandering
>only a handful of gay characters, all of them you wouldn't know if they were gay unless you had Confirmed Bachelor or Cherchez la Femme

stay retarded
>>
>>343169702

gosh, anon, that almost sounds like you aren't talking about a well-developed character, but a simplistic pointless game mechanic.
>>
>>343175703
A pointless game mechanic that wasn't even properly implemented.
>>
File: 1450773085098.jpg (11 KB, 251x285) Image search: [Google]
1450773085098.jpg
11 KB, 251x285
>>343169702
>mecree is a loving father and has a hole quest about him finding a cure for his son
>gets mad when your about to give medicine to a dying child
>approves when you refuse to give the child the cure.

its fucking lazy programming. useless shit.
>>
I like the part where she goes "put it in me bum".
>>
>>343175703
>Videogames ever having well-developed characters

If you're expecting hours worth of development and methodical character progression, you definitely won't get that, but for what it's worth I like Fallout 4's characters. Let people enjoy what they will, I dunno why people on this board are so up their own asses with cynical shitposting all the time.
>>
>>343172353
good job showing you didnt understand his simple character at all, anon, he still thinks synths are an abomination, which is why he is completely ok with being executed by the elder

>>343169702
to be fair her opinion on drug use does change, she will from that point onwards disaprove of your drug use, while previously she liked it
>>
>>343176357
I'm talking about after resolving the stand off with Arthur numbnuts.
>>
>>343176702
just because he is a synth doesn't mean that he has to become a synth apologist
>>
>>343176827
So despite the fact he understand that synths aren't inherently evil, he shoulkd still treat them exactly the same...?

Are you forgetting your Todd images? Because I can't see how you can legit defend this or see it as anything but laziness.
>>
>>343177080
>So despite the fact he understand that synths aren't inherently evil, he should still treat them exactly the same...?
He understands that synths aren't inherently evil, but the purpose behind them is which is why he still hates them. I don't know why you're sucking cock so hard here.
>>
>>343177997
See, I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact you're wrong. I've completes missions with Danse on different play throughs where his reactions have been identical. Not similar, identical. In one case it was after his revelation in another it was before. There isn't any nuance or any depth to the two reactions, they are the fucking same. You are literally INVENTING this nuance to defend what is demonstrably just Bethesda being lazy and not bothering to create any post revelation dialogue. I am not the one sucking Bethesda's cock here bud.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.