[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the Sonic fans out there. What games are actually fun to play.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: sonic.jpg (408 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
408 KB, 1500x1500
To the Sonic fans out there. What games are actually fun to play. Never really touched the series outside of hanging with a friend with a Genesis and we played 2 for a bit where I played Tails. And I thought it was alright for a 2 player game but nothing really great. But that might be me not playing it much.
>>
Depends on your defintion of fun really.
>>
None.
>>
>>343167381
Sonic 1,CD, 2,3 and Knuckles are the original and best games in the series
The Adventure series is one of the most popular of the 3D sonic games. Sonic Adventure is decent but not great, you could probably jump to Adventure 2 if you really wanted to.
Sonic Generations is currently the best 3D title imo
>>
>>343167381
In my opinion:
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic Generations
Sonic Advance 2 + 3
Sonic Battle
Sonic Colors
>>
Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles are best.
Play Sonic 3 with teh knuckles add on, that's how the devs wanted to game to be but had to split it into two games.
Give Sonic 3D Blast a go, the Saturn version is graphically better but there is a Genesis version that plays the same. It's different to normal sonic games though, slower.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 are dated now, but still can be enjoyed if you can overlook bad voice acting, buggy and glitchy moments. The chao gardens were particularly fun as a mini game.

Since then, only bother with Colors and Generations. Maybe Unleashed if you're tolerant.
>>
>>343167381
Sonic 2 is the easiest to get into, out of the good games.

Sonic 3K is the most bang for your buck, with the highest amount of quality, content, and polish.

Sonic CD is an outlier. It focuses on exploration.

Sonic 1's not bad if you can handle more traditional platforming as Sonic.

---

Tails Adventure is a good metroidvania.

Sonic Advance is pretty much the real "Sonic 4".

Sonic Advance 2 isn't bad either.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, if you think you'll care at all about the Chao raising minigame.

Sonic Battle is was a solid beat em up with loads of customizability.

Sonic Generations is filled with fanservice, and two recognizable and accessible gameplay styles.
>>
>>343167381
I only got into Sonic through Generations so I'd say that's a good place to start. Opened me up to try out a plethora of good games.

The only experience I had before that was Sonic 8-bit and Pocket Adventure and I'll always have great nostalgia for those two.
>>
Old: 1, 2, 3&K, CD.
New: Generations, Colours.

You can quite safely ignore the rest.

The Adventure series is spoken of fondly by people who played it back in the day, but has aged like milk.
>>
Heroes, rush, and unleashed are the best games in the series that will leave an impression on you. The others are mediocre platformers. The old games are forgettable garbage, dont fall for the meme
>>
>>343169184
This post is 100% accurate. Colors is the only cohesive 3D sonic experience that's actually fun imo. Adventure/2 is downright bad, generations is a grab bag.
>>
File: 480px-Riders_gc_jp.jpg (196 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
480px-Riders_gc_jp.jpg
196 KB, 480x600
>>343167381
If you want 2 player Sonic games, maybe you should play Sonic Riders.
>>
>>343170548
To bad colors is a 2D game so its not a 3D game, fucking retard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.