[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have these games aged? I'm really into stealth games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 343143ps_500h.jpg (60 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
343143ps_500h.jpg
60 KB, 358x500
How have these games aged? I'm really into stealth games but have never checked them out. Are they still pretty fun and accessible?
>>
Play them, they're great. The first two at least, third one is ok but not as good. Just be prepared for no handholding and lots of darkness.

Also, some annoying levels with shitty monsters in the first one, second one is a lot better in that regard.
>>
File: taffer.gif (223 KB, 440x296) Image search: [Google]
taffer.gif
223 KB, 440x296
>>343166259
> I'm really into stealth games but have never checked them out
>>
>>343166259
Graphically, they have not aged well.
In terms of gameplay, they're still spot on.
When I replay them, I really don't notice how bad the graphics are, but honestly that's probably just nostalgia goggles.

I'd play all three in release order. They're all worth your time.
>>
>>343166259
Shit I didn't know there was a collection. Do I need steam to play it?
>>
>>343168274
I got into Thief recently and I think it aged better graphically than most late 90's 3d games. I think the fact that the game is so dark helps cover up the rough edges.
>>
File: Waifu Threads.jpg (81 KB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Threads.jpg
81 KB, 1728x1080
>>
>>343168839
>Guard sounds increasingly like John Cleese as he starts losing his shit
>>
>>343166259
I only started playing Thief 2 for the first time about a week ago.

The graphics are dogshit but the overall design, especially sound is amazing. The sad thing is if you just updated the graphics it would basically still be the state of the art in stealth gaming 16 years later
>>
File: 28vy9o0.jpg (49 KB, 845x900) Image search: [Google]
28vy9o0.jpg
49 KB, 845x900
>>343168714
Hm, good point.
I think the things that catch my eye the most are the animations.

But nothing can beat using rope arrows freely and creatively to bypass problems.

I knew they were going to ruin the game by making the newest Thief a linear shitpile with handicapped rope arrows that only work in a handful of places, but I was still disappointed when it happened.

>tfw creating a line of rope arrows across a room to tarzan over the heads of unsuspecting guards
>>
>>343171358
>newest Thief
The moment that interview happened where the designer dude said they'll remove the jump button because he thinks it breaks immersion I immediately knew it would be an irredeemable pile of shit.

Good thing The Dark Mod exists.
>>
>>343166259
>I'm really into stealth games but have never checked them out.
You aren't into stealth.
>>
Why are early 3d games so much spookier than modern ones?
Thief and Morrowind can have a really scary atmosphere at times
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.