[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DayZ now runs at a silky smooth 60fps even in large cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 18
File: day-z-logo-1.jpg (256 KB, 1017x586) Image search: [Google]
day-z-logo-1.jpg
256 KB, 1017x586
>DayZ now runs at a silky smooth 60fps even in large cities

What is your excuse for not going back?
>>
the game fucking sucks thats why

fuck off underage
>>
>>343157623
>only took 5 years
>Been in early acces for like 10 years
>>
>>343157623
I'd like to play it, but I'm mute and that makes the game hard
>>
Because its shit.
>>
File: 1435044073652.gif (974 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1435044073652.gif
974 KB, 750x600
>>343157762
>>343157862
bingo, OP.

In the time it took Bohemia to get their shitty release of Rocket's mod up to a playable state, a hundred other new, cheaper, and better "survival sandbox games" have been put on Steam.

The current version of DayZ is too little too late. No one gives a shit.
>>
>>343157623
If I wanted to play a dead game I'd buy evolve. Games still shit and relies way to much on rng.
>>
Day Z was ruined by its own potential.
>>
>going back
But I never touched this memegame before and never will.
>>
>>343157623
>Playing with friend the other day
>go to climb down ladder
>start climbing down
>die
>>
>>343157623
>>343157623

Bohemia released a new fucking Arma, and someone made at least 4-5 DayZ Clones for the NEW Arma in the time it's taken them to get the game up to a professional level of stability.

The content is drab & boring as fuck.
And everyone still acts like a bunch of fucking retards in the community.
>>
Because its a dead game.
>>
1. The game isn't even technically released.
2. THE GAME ISN'T EVEN FUCKING FINISHED OR RELEASED

FUCK OFF AND DIE. I FUCKING HATE EARLY ACCESS BULLSHIT I HOPE WHOEVER CREATED IT GETS THROAT CANCER
>>
What's there to actually do? I got an AK with a drum mag and a bunch of other shit. Didn't know where to go from there.
>>
game sucks shit. can't believe i got cucked by that asshole dean hall. fucker ran and took his money and now the game finally gets a performance update that will probably be broken when they add the next piece of useless clothing.
>>
>>343158771
Ambush people. Thats it.
>>
>>343158456
The creator bailed and made an early access VR game.

I'm not fuckin' kidding.
>>
>>343157623
And it took them years to do that.
While customized version of Arma 2 Dayz had much much more content.

It's one big scam like all early acess.
>>
>>343158771
Literally only kill people
>>
>>343159031
Yeah, can't a finish a game that he starts another.
http://www.pcgamer.com/dean-halls-ion-inspired-by-eve-online-minecraft/
>>
ITT: people who dont know how to make their own fun when given the option.

god Im glad im not such a boring anon, but ive alos been in theatre and drama since middle school, so i can RP ez pz
>>
I heard there are zombies in DayZ. Is that true?
>>
>>343159210
You mean bug fests that players idley ignore until they become too obnoxious then kill in one hit or shot to the head?
Sure. We'll call them that.
>>
>>343159201
I have over one thousand hours on GMod, I can make my own fun.

DayZ players developed Stockholm syndrome, defending this scam.
>>
>>343157623
Can you FINALLY find proper ammo and a loader at the same time you find a gun?

Adding melee to a fps engine and punishing guns so hard was the most retarded game design choice ever made
>>
>>343159201

>Make their own fun
>Read
>Wander around, randomly get sniped by some faggot on a rooftop
>Or have some asshole try to forcefully deprive you of all your equipment as soon as he sees you by meekly shouting into his fucking microphone

>Or starve to death, start dying of hypothermia because for some reason you've lost the food RNG bet and can't find anything to sustain yourself.

Go play with a pair of fucking sticks or something you imbecile.
>>
>tfw you check out dayz after a half-heard conversation over acre local
>tfw you've genuinely never had more fun in a video game
>tfw you're there to witness the slow but inevitable decline
>tfw your hopes and dreams are dashed by the standalone release
>tfw the mod dies an ignoble death
>tfw dayz will never be the game it could have been

Never meet your heroes. It's not worth it.
>>
>>343159407
>melee to an FPS engine

Zombie attacks were literally frag grenades without any accompanying animations or sounds, which is why they'd hit you through walls.
>>
>>343157623
Do zombies still walk through solid objects and attack you from a meter away with shitty "placeholder" animations?
Until the answer to this is no I will stick to Project Zomboid, he'll even if they fix zombies I'll probably stick to Zomboid because it's just better in every way.
>>
>>343158771
Survive. That's the game. It's not super exciting or anything, it's brutal by design.
Or you can run around and make people read you the bible and eat rotten bananas. It's a sandbox.
>>
>>343159717
At least Zomboid have a real development process behind it.
>>
>>343159794
Zomboid isn't any better either. We've been waiting for NPCs, and actual things to do in the game, for 5 years now.
>>
>>343159891
I play a few session with my buddies every 3 month or so.
We're always surprised by the new stuff they add.
Not the case of DayZ.
>>
>>343159403
It's amazing just how pathetic the Day Z fanbase is at this point, I still occasionally check the subreddit just to work myself into a rage over how willing to take Dean Halls cock they all are. There's a thread up right now called "DayZ devs, thank you" which has some people praising the devs for finally optimizing the performance and god awful aiming to a tolerable level.
>>
>>343160023
Also, Zomboid has way less budget and no backing from Bohemia.
>>
>>343157991
Why are you mute, Anon?
>>
Is there a better surivival game at the moment? I dont think so.
>>
>>343160432
The Long Dark, Subnautica, NEO-Scavenger, there are plenty.
>>
>>343160432
Subnautica
Don't Starve
The Long Dark
Rust
Ark
The Forest

Just about every survival game on steam is doing a better job than dayz. This coming from someone who got into all those games specifically because I got started on the dayz mod way back when.
>>
>>343160167
He cant hear you, he's mute
>>
>>343160432
cataclysm DDA

unreal world
>>
>>343160432
ARK desu
>>
>>343157623
>DayZ now runs at a silky smooth 60fps
bullshit
>>
>>343160432
lol. must be a DayZ addict
>>
>>343161295
>>343161434
>>343161561
yo but all of these are either single player or private servers. Where da MMO-like "shards" at? Can't have the already niche playerbase scattered across a kajillion servers in packs of ten or maybe twenty.
>>
>>343158150
tell me of other survival sandbox games that are good, cause i'd really like to play them
>>
>>343157623
Liar. Played today to check for myself, still frame drops and lag out the ass in places like Berezino. Dead fucking game that will never be finished, kill yourself shill.
>>
>>343161682
This is correct, not that anyone can actually run that game though.
>>
>>343161942
Rust and ark have more players on a single server than dayz.

Rust had a few fully populated 400 player servers last I checked
>>
>>343162253
>Rust
>Survival
>>
>>343162253
ARK is aight not really zombies like I was wanting. Rust is just jerkbag city. Preferably I'd like to have some kind of overarching context (like zombies) to force me to cooperate with my fellow players, instead of just KoS and looting them.
>>
>>343157623
Because
>alpha for 3 years
>still no singleplayer
>still no mod support
>beta is still probably a year away.....BETA
>community is cancerous as fuck
>guiz look! Our shitty, broken game now runs at 60 fps in cities! I bet no other game runs at 60 fps and uses dx11!
>can now experience dying to hackers and CoD kiddies in silky smooth 60 fps
>can now experience broken zombies wall-hacking in silky smooth 60 fps
>can now experience breaking my leg to glitches in silky smooth 60 fps
>can now experience devs rolling in my money while adding pointless new content instead of fixing said glitches in silky smooth 60 fps
>nothing to do once geared
>either KOS or improvise a pathetic attempt at having fun in a world where zombies are walking potatoes and animals are rare and pointless
>craft useless crap even though a generic pistol and mountain backpack are superior in nearly every way

This is essentially the definitive Dayz experience:
>find empty server
>sprint to military location
>gear up
>stuff yourself with food then spam a drinking fountain
>run to populated location near shore
>server hop
>kill people
>repeat once you die

Alternatively if you're anti-social, don't KOS or want to "survive":
>find empty or mid-population server
>run anywhere north
>loot random towns on the way
>gear up
>keep running far north
>sit in obscure towns and locations near the ends of the map
>kill a few zombies that pose zero threat and waste your ammo
>realize there's literally nothing else to do once geared
>feel that you've "beaten" the game
>realize how far up into the map you are
>either suicide and respawn or keep your gear and spend at least 40+ minutes running back down the map
>kill people or die trying to help them.
>>
>>343159189
As a songwriter, I know his pain.
>>
>>343162660
>pain
Swimming in dosh after scamming people is really a fate worse than hell.
>>
>>343162596
All of this is exactly right, except all the times you said 60fps because the OP is a lying shill. Still runs badly in high population areas.
>>
File: 1467154326759.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1467154326759.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>343159391
>we
>>
>>343157623
>What is your excuse for not going back?

I've given .60 a try, but it's still not as good as the mod, nor is it as good as several of the zombie survival mods for ARMA 3.

I mean, I've played it, but it's crazy how I can go back to a vanilla DayZ mod server and find it much much better than the standalone, even if it's now running at a consistent 60-65 FPS instead of the 45-55 I get in the mod.
>>
>>343158150
>hundred other new, cheaper, and better "survival sandbox games" have been put on Steam.

DayZ is seriously disappointing but you're out of your mind if you think any of the other "survival" games even stack up to it. Rust is shit, 7 days to die is shit, H1Z1 is shit, ARK is shit, they all are shit casualized base building "I'm too young to die" survival games, even if you just consider them only inside the survival genre.
>>
>>343158771
>What's there to actually do?

Survive, don't get killed. Steal other people's shit, become a bandit. There's not much else until one day they actually put some zombies in the game.
>>
>>343159210
>I heard there are zombies in DayZ. Is that true?

In the mod, yes.

In the standalone, I've heard they're just a rumor at this point.
>>
>>343163360
There's nothing to build up towards. The best rogue-lite survival games let you build towards something that lasts even after death.
>>
>>343159541

It's sad but true. I got into DayZ early on, and it was an amazing experience from like summer of 2012. They announced the standalone, got our hopes up, and absolutely fucked everything up. Now community is fractured, a whole bunch of shitty basebuilding mods like Epoch/Overpoch took over like a cancer and killed the mod and the standalone was just stillborn. Really sad.
>>
File: arksurvivalevolvedgameplay.webm (383 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
arksurvivalevolvedgameplay.webm
383 KB, 640x360
>>343161295

The long dark is a maybe because it's actually a pure survival game.

Anyone saying that Rust and fucking ARK especially is better than DayZ is a cancerous faggot with zero taste.
>>
>>343163438
You might see two or three around larger cities or towns or sometimes along the main roads. Otherwise, there really aren't many. There used to be more in earlier builds a couple years ago, but they were totally broken anyway so got severely decreased in number and still aren't anything more than a totally avoidable nuisance that runs around making dumb noises. I suppose we should just be thankful that they don't clip through buildings anymore.
>>
>>343163457
>There's nothing to build up towards.

Get a tent, or get a few tents and some cars with some buddies and make a little camp.

But admittedly DayZ is always going to be really limited in that regard until they actually make the environment enough of a constant threat that it lets you have something to always be working on or avoiding.

The Long Dark does this well, and there's not even any zombies or people to fuck you up, just Mother Nature shitting on you. If you could combine that sort of harsh environment with zombies and other players on top of it, you'd have something really tense and captivating.
>>
>>343163887
>You might see two or three around larger cities or towns or sometimes along the main roads.
Eh, I was playing around in a low pop server the other day just playing around, hit the Cherno firehouse and I looked down the road and as far as I could tell there was a solid dozen or so within 100m of me along the road going out and in the general area of the firehouse.

Yeah, it's not the best density, but there's more than 2-3 per city. You'll sometimes see 2-3 pop out from one building in the mod.

Now, the standalone, you're lucky if you see 2 or 3 zombies if you ran along the tracks from Berezeno to Kamenka.
>>
>5 years in early access
>"ITS NOT SHIT ANYMORE I PROMISE!"
lol
all the fucking pieces of shit plebs that were praising and hyping this game and making threads daily about this game when it was hyped, lol, what a fucking clusterfuck of a shitty game
its such a piece of shit and still people try to defend it, what a turd, and what a fucking incompetent retard dean hall is
>>
File: vomit.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>>343157623
>going back
Who the fuck said I ever played this garbage?
>>
File: 436246235126.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
436246235126.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
>>343157623
Because i would rather play the better zombie survival game.
>>
>join game excited to survive in a zombie apocalypse
>wander out a bit
>get sniped
woooooooooooooooooooooooow...
>>
Are there any survival open world type games that actually promote players having to work together to survive against the environment and aren't just griefing simulators?
>>
the only good part of DayZ is the tension of raiding a military base on a populated server
and that gets old
>>
>>343165524
The ones without pvp
>>
>>343165524
PVE Zomboid servers.
>>
>>343165524
>Are there any survival open world type games that actually promote players having to work together to survive against the environment

No. No one has really found a good balanced middle ground.

Either you end up with griefing simulator, or you end up with SimCity where everyone and their mother has a fortified base with automated turrets, where it's way beyond surviving and is into thriving, which is a very different thing.
>>
File: yotsuba_by_lynadeshiko.jpg (149 KB, 710x423) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba_by_lynadeshiko.jpg
149 KB, 710x423
>>343157623
If I wanted to play a game with fucking no items in it and a mockery of vanilla dayz, I would just play fucking vanilla dayz. Scratch that, Id just go outside into the wilderness. There arent any zombies IRL and in IRL I could actually use a bike and a intact gun that doesnt make me fix it every 5 fucking minutes. Play epoch or dont bother at all. DayZ is dead anyways. It was a community like 2-3 years ago but youd be lucky to even find a decent pop. server now.

DayZ Mod Epoch is infinitely better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMnupdg1XQ
>>
Did early access survival sandbox garbage kill PC gaming?
>>
>>343165264
but it looks so ugly
>>
>I actually getting some of the green colors back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7bFXbS9QD4
>>
>>343165793
>Play epoch
Why play cancer?
>>
>>343158150
>>343162012
>>343163292
Why hasn't a major AAA publisher like Activision or EA got someone to make them a zombie survival game like this?

They can't just claim it's a fad since zombies have been going strong for years now and it seems as if people are waiting for that zombie survival game that blows everything out the water. Activision could easily do this shit since CoD has been doing zombies for awhile now. I'm still surprised they never done a separate CoD zombies game.
>>
>>343165783
>>343165524

best zombie survival game is state of decay
it handles loot, zombie populations, survival, better than any other game, also melee is done right, so are vehicles

too bad its a singleplayer only game
and literally no other zombie games have taken what that game did so well, they will after state of decay 2 comes out, and becomes a huge success , because it will be
>>
DayZ is the victim of its own potential. Everyone played the shitty standalon release three years ago thought "this is a buggy broken mess, but the core concept is good enough that when its done, it will be excellent". Except DayZ will never be done. It will never even be one fucking iota of what it could have been in the hands of a competent dev.

Imagine a persistent server of hundreds of players, with communities that rise and fall over time, a legitimate incentive to work together to overcome the zombie horde with just enough sense of "trust no one" to make every moment tense. Do you let those new people into your fortified camp? Do you give someone your bullets for their beans? Do you attempt to save that one really helpful player who is now, unfortunately, surrounded by zombies and low on ammo, or do you run from his screams and never look back? That's what DayZ could have been.
>>
>>343166321
>best zombie survival game is state of decay

Please, Dying Light does better than that easily, and both games frankly are gimmicky and simple. There's a notable lack and/or mismatched tone and atmosphere to State of Decay in particular. It's too conventionally gamey, lots of wild movements, rpg elements, ect, and that's for both games, but Dying Light at least did the visuals and atmosphere better, along with a far higher zombie count, and better zombies.
>>
>>343157623
The update didn't fix any major problem with the game other than low fps, which everyone got used to anyway. In fact the inventory screen works worse than before. My excuse is that it's still a shit game.
>>
File: DayZMod.jpg (785 KB, 1800x1713) Image search: [Google]
DayZMod.jpg
785 KB, 1800x1713
>>343166205
>everything from vanilla dayz
>some servers have bike on start or able to be made finding metal
>find engine upgrade to motorcycle
>find rare rotor blades upgrade to shitty lawnmower heli
>be able to gather resources and make complex bases that make Rust look like a pile of this
>we had a base on a constant 70 man server that had triple 999 lock gates on entry for human and vehicle based entries
>past 3 door lock system or glitching inside, you face a trickjump to a stairway to locked door leading to a room with basic survival supplies
>cracking two more doors or glitching leads you to a second floor with overwatch 100m outside and all of the base inside
>2 more 999 door locks got you into a room that if you attempt to glitch in will kill you because of the extremely low wall that if you glitch in will kill you by teleporting you inside the room and the floor will be inside your body
>this long room forces you to crawl for about 10s to get to another double 99 lock room filled with tank traps so if you glitch into it , it will kill you instantly or teleport you to your impending death on the roof of our building leaving you unable to get down without dying
>even if you collapse the entire building it will only get you past the first 3-door locking system.
>never upgrade base more since this is more than adequate
>have this base for over a year surviving 5 raid attempts by clans who discovered it
>all raids were defeated with all opponents items and vehicles brought were assimilated into our own
>most successful raid on us only made it past the 1st gate with vehicle glitching
>we raided and ended at least some 17 clans
>1 clan even raised $0 dollars to have the server admin spawn 7 heat-seeking apcs to fight us with
>we ended up stalking and killing them while they were resource gathering and got their keys for 3 of their apcs and stole and hid them
>everyone on server forums complaining about us

or you could play dayz sa and you know wear a leopard hat
>>
>>343166279
There are multiple AAA zombie games.
Survival sandbox is a split crowd and you're destined to piss off a lot of fans no matter which way you go with it.
>>
waiting for the ps4 version
>>
>>343166321
Wasn't state of decay a pilot game for some multiplayer version they were working on?
I quit following it forever ago.
>>
File: 1400213332956.png (19 KB, 512x510) Image search: [Google]
1400213332956.png
19 KB, 512x510
>>343157623
Because I'm sure it's STILL a shadow of the mod by a HUGE margin.
>>
>>343157623
The idea of games like DayZ are actually great on paper. It's fucking awful when done. One of the biggest reasons are everyone is out to off each other. There is nothing worse than just getting picked off by a sniper from far away. Also, each one of these games are drowned with hackers. At least to me, these things hinder any enjoyment from playing these type of games. I don't see why people like to constantly start over and spend hours on something you'll lose in a second.
>>
>>343167436
What exactly is that image? I know it says DayzMod but what is it a mod for? Is it even for a game or is it just a cartoon skin for something?
>>
>>343167446
Actually I can provide some unique insight as I've been working with a team and developing a game.
Before going to kickstarter we pitched our product to some publishers and they said they'd fund it under a few circumstances. The major one being our form of permadeath. There's zero interest from their standpoint in any form of ultimate punishment to players.
>>
>>343167707
It was originally assets for a game but they scraped it and just made the resources available on a little flash game thing and people normally use it for like every day carry threads on /k/ etc.

https://innawoods.net/
>>
>>343167436
>this entire post

Jesus fucking christ, you are THE cancer. You are the people who killed DayZ, maybe even more so than the actual devs. The shitty Epoch servers where everything and a half is given to you at the start, where don't have to bother finding vehicles, weapons or ammo ever, who need literal 'safe spaces' in the form of bases and electronic locks, completely ruined this game with the sort of shit you see right here.

Fuck it, why not just flat out put in Ewoks and AT-ATs and Master Chief or something.
>>
Seven Days to Die is better.
>>
>>343167294
dying light was a generic open world game that has little to do with zombie survival
you sound like a stupid little nigger pleb who never actually played the game, trying to shit on it

ive played both, and in state of decay you actually establish a community, scout and scavange for supplies, build a base and deal with the problems the community has ffrom the inside its literally a survival sim thats insanely fucking complex

>>343167496
no clue what youre talking about
sequel will have multiplayer and is gonna be awesome as fuck
>>
File: uwot.png (125 KB, 236x265) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
125 KB, 236x265
I read a book recently that basically said that at first a group of people will be trusting, until one fucker betrays that and shits on everyone. Then everyone else will no longer trust anyone and shit on everyone else as well.

That is basically what DayZ became. Now it's all kill-on-sight and deathmatch gameplay and fucking terrible. Not only that, people will just basically spawn camp servers and kill any new spawns they can.

They really fucked up, because it could have been players trying to team up against zombie hordes, but there are hardly ANY zombies and it's 100% PvP.
>>
>>343167961
Ah, ok cheers.
>>
>>343168051
Mod was better when it was just the Arma autists playing it
>>
File: pK2TK[1].png (44 KB, 592x614) Image search: [Google]
pK2TK[1].png
44 KB, 592x614
>>343167961
> but they scraped it
we didn't
anyone who followed the 2012 threads knows who we are and what we're working on before we do innawoods
>>
>>343168169
AAAAAAAAAAAA
WHEN
>>
>>343163292
rust may be shit but at least it has potential, the devs at least have a good idea of what they want the game to be, you can see the progress every week and its come so far compared to what it used to be.
>>
File: 1464837804142.png (349 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
1464837804142.png
349 KB, 700x472
>>343168051
>Running on the road with a gas canister
>See 2 guys so i say hi as i run past
>They shoot me
>Been alive for about 2 minutes
>Spawned near were i died, see the 2 guys
>I have nothing
>Say hi
>Get shot

Why do these people exist, my first assumption is that they have mental disabilities, but im inclined to to just consider them assholes.
>>
>>343168027

Base building and dealing with community problems is more akin to Sim City than a survival sim.

You want something actually like a survival sim, play The Long Dark. State of Decay is more generic than Dying Light. Don't get me wrong, both are generic, but State of Decay is moreso, and is very far removed from 'survival' anything.
>>
>>343167446
>There are multiple AAA zombie games.

Name them
>>
>>343168534

Left 4 Dead
Dying Light
The Last of Us.
Dead Rising
Resident Evil
Dead Island
ZombiU
>>
>>343167970
You know they have different servers for people like you who have autism.

The server I played on gave you a map and water and food to start with. You could pay like $10 a month to get a starting kit to support the server and youd start geared with like an m16 or something.

What we usually did is scavenge for some basic shit like an axe or an m9 or an enfield and then wed stalk one of these high-geared faggots and murder him and steal all of his shit.

Its actually a lot of fun because these faggots respawn with all this gear so you kill them and they and all their buddies come to kill you and all their geared corpses just litter the field and you have these giant firefights with them and you have to like murder 2 or 3 of them at a time and get to one of their corpses to restock ammo before they get you and stuff.

>where don't have to bother finding vehicles, weapons or ammo ever
The fun part of the game is fighting each other's group and destroying their shit. The gathering part is the most mundane 99 runescape autistic shit ever. You people are the ones who killed the game. You and reddit made them focus on stupid shit like hats, and berries, and deer simulator, instead of fighting groups of survivors trying to build an empire.

Our server had tanks and things but it was a buildup of over a week of resource gathering to get one. Even then we would find an rpg or buy one and save it until we found a tank or whatever. Then one of us would do overwatch and then another would get the rpg and wait in bushes or approach slowly from a flanking position while someone would distract the tank and get it into position and we would destroy it.

Eventually they added freespawning tanks and even that did nothing to us because you give a shitter a tank and if he doesnt know how to use it, it doesnt mean jack shit heat-seeking or not. Tactics win every time. Hell there was a few times we bicycled up to some distracted tanks or apcs and we removed the engine
>>
>>343168782
>You could pay like $10 a month to get
kill yourself
>>
>>343168782
That sounds fucking horrible, kill yourself.
>>
>>343168051
Youre a casual scrub if you trust random strangers. Only people you know IRL can be trusted. I would murder you the second you looked away, before you can murder me.

If youre threatened by zombies, youre a fucking retarded as fuck noob. The zombies are passive as fuck.

If you wanted zombies, you should of been around when they fucked up the sound penetration on weapons so they went through walls unmuffled. You fired a gun in a city and some 50 zombies would come running at you from every direction. That is the only time people stopped killing each other because theyd want to kill you but the horror of firing a gun that would get you both killed made people friendly or melee only.
>>
>>343168448
Most decent people left when they realized it was just a KOS shitfest.

Don't know what it is about Dayz but it really does attract some of the most cancerous, scumbag players.

My guess is they're either massive tryhards that just kill anything for a single piece of loot

Or they live by the "le don't trust anyone" meme rule, to the point where they're downright terrified that a fresh spawn will murder them
>>
>>343168169
cool
>>
>>343157623
The mod is better
>>
>>343168782
>You people are the ones who killed the game.

>the people who actually made the game and made it popular killed it somehow.

Yeah, sure wasn't the influx of shitters with no patience who started all the Overpoch shit when everything started to take a major nosedive.

You people pretty much removed the survival part and wondered why it's dying now. It'd be like if I went into the latest DOOM, removed all the guns and demons and added thirst and hunger bars and wondered why no one plays anymore.
>>
>>343168782
>literal pay to win
>respawn all geared
>"we started with nothing. Then we stole everything 2 minutes in from rich kids!"
>the game is about fighting each other who cares about loot
>grind2win vehicles
>pay2win vehicles
>but its ok because were so badass!

I havent played epoch or any of the submods ever but I never thought it would be so bad. Reading your post disgusted me of playing the game ever again. People like you ruin everything.
>>
>>343158771
Go and play the mod
>>
>>343168051
>Trusting anyone in these survival games
>Ever
You only trust people that you actually know. I've had people offer me a ride, and as soon as I get in the car someone headshots me while I'm seated.

I don't spend hours gathering a shit ton of ammo and supplies just to have someone easily kill and rob me. I'd much rather be a dick killing people on site when they get close, versus being friendly and getting shot in the back
>>
>>343169214

Personally I find the base building and trader safe spaces just as bad as the spawning all geared up with a T90 because we donated shit.

Epoch/Overpoch and it's fanbase are the fucking worst.
>>
Taviana best map, Chernarus fucking shits go home.
>>
>>343168772
I meant in the form of a Day Z and similar games.
>>
>>343169002
hey friend, you're the reason the game is garbage.

i played the mod when one shot from the lee enfield attracted every zombie in cherno. you're right, it was much better then. especially because there were 10 times as many zombies as the stand alone. that's my point.

people were friendlier, tried to stick together, and not try-hard pieces of shit like you. back then, "random strangers" helped more. now it's, let's sit on this hill and snipe people on the beach.
>>
>>343169054
>play for a few weeks
>conditioned to understand everyone is a dirtbag
>just before getting jaded and turning KOS I would stalk folks just to watch them
>turning point is when I'm helping new players and we all get slaughtered by some asshole
>respawn
>find hatchet
>see 3 silhouettes on a ridge
>sprint like a mad man to take out my frustrations on them or die trying
>position myself so we don't have line of sight on each other because they're behind a Bush next to a road
>can hear them "yeah, I need patched up." " I got some stuff in my bag for you"
>leap out from behind the bush and murder the shit out of the medic in front of his friends
>hear them screaming oh shit oh shit oh shit fuck fuck
>hit the standing player as the other isn't currently able to walk
>butcher his friend while the last man limps away
>interrogate him as I rifle through his friends loot
>they were totally new to the game and had been picking up anything they could
>realize I'm now the dirtbag.
>drop the hatchet
>walk away
>hear him say "oh shit I thought you were going to kill me"
>... he couldn't just keep his mouth shut
>end him
>uninstall
>never touch the game again
>>
>>343169553
>I meant in the form of a Day Z and similar games.

Well, in that case, I suppose H1Z1 might be the only possible one, outside of that pretty much got nothing.
>>
>>343167738
So gay. Please let me give you my money soon.
>>
fuck this garbage game i want my money back. god damn jewiwsh thieves luring me into zombie shit
>>
File: E8MjgsU.jpg (112 KB, 1277x719) Image search: [Google]
E8MjgsU.jpg
112 KB, 1277x719
>>343168782
>>343167436
>>
>Zombies are not a threat
>Only one type of zomby in the entire game
>Shooting is not fun because everyone lags, bugs, teleports and falls through textures
>No interesting world to discover. Russian villages get boring after a day of playing
>a lot of bugs and glitches
>No reasons to cooperate with other players. Just shoot them and take their gear.
>Shitty interface that's clunky and sluggish
>Instead of fixing their broken game and adding some REAL content devs continue to create some retarded hats and change minor things no one notices anyway because it doesn't affect the gameplay
It's a terrible, horrible, awful game that for some reasons is popular and praised almost everywhere.
>>
>>343161512
lol. really?
>>
>>343169720
I feel the same way as you, friend.

At first I was "friendly" whatever that means nowadays. The idea of being a "bandit" sounded awful in my head so I just didnt shoot people on sight, just observed. Then some mods came out I think the first one I tried was Origins where it was on the Taviana map and it made it fun following and stalking people as there was always a tiny small town around and not just massive lands of fucking nothing. So you´d rely on hiding behind buildings and trying to not make loud enough noises for them to realize you´re there, like a goddamn stealth game, great fun. Now I just shoot people on sight as the only small enjoyment you could ever possibly get out of this game and you can feel everyone else who plays does the same now.
>>
>>343166321
state of decay would be great if they got rid of stupid fucking """emergencies""" popping up every time you walk out the front door.
Seriously, it's the same thing mobile games do and it's shit.
Game would be a 10/10 for me without that mechanic
>>
>>343168051
This. There was a time...maybe in 2012/2013 where it wasn't crazy popular, The people who did that shit were known as bandits, there were friendlies you could work with and the zombie hordes were an actual challenge.

I miss those days.
>>
>>343165264
The layered clothing, new animations and backpacks will soon be in, can't wait.
>>
>>343165524
Project Zomboid, the multiplayer is GOAT.
>>
Enough shitting about the current state of the game. Lets share good memories.
>fresh makarov babby on the beach
>hear gunshots in a warehouse
>about 10 zombies trying to break in, gunshots stopped
>get in there and start headshotting the zeds
>the building is finally clear
>2 buddies discovering the game together in the warehouse, they thank me and ask for directions
>I head north with them
>on our way we get sniped, thankfully it missed
>see something moving in the bushes
>at this point I only have a revolver and my buddies have low ammo lees
>tell them to keep firing towards the bush even if they didnt see shit an run
>I zigzag to the bush, where a full geared bandit was trying to pop my buddies abd empty my gun in his face
>give the food to the guys, I take the sniper rifle and we go on our separate ways as I wanted to fuck around the coast
its not much but it's the kind of session that made the game great
>>
>>343165264
Is the game being updated frequently? I been burned too many times with Early Access
>>
Why do most of the survival games have base building? I haven't played DayZ but I am tempted because from what I know there isn't bullshit base building. It is such a turnoff for me because after you have the initial base it just turns into upkeep and resource management or minecraft.
I LOVE neoscavenger and want a multiplayer open world game like such. I just want to roam around, find loot and possibly take loot off players. Are there any games out there that do survival without having to build a house?
>>
I haven't played in years but I used to play epoch/overpoch

Can you at least build etc in the standalone now like you could with the mods?
>>
>>343170343
It's regularly updated, although the updates take time. The community is super active, though, and the multiplayer servers are 24/7.
>>
>>343170071
>the zombie hordes were an actual challenge.

Anyone remember that one patch, it was like 1.7 something, where it was fucking impossible to get into towns and shit because of the zombie spawns? Like you could kill 30 zombies, and another dozen would line the streets before you could make inroads. And they hit way harder and more likely to cause bleeding or broken legs.
>>
>>343170364
The DayZ mod and some of the most popular mods feature basebuilding as its a very popular feature, personally I dont give a shit so whatever, only bad part is you cant really steal from them if its in their base due to needing codes and shit for their electronical locks so its just a place for people to hide without any fear of death which was always present during the better days of DayZ.
>>
>>343169926
>popular and praised everywhere

Where have you been? It's hardly popular and praised anymore.

Most people realized it was a total scam and the devs jewed them.

Pretty much any thread on here with the Topic of Dayz gets widely shat on. Steam reviews have turned to mixed. The Steam forums are just people constantly complaining and ranting about the development status. Don't know about Reddit.

The only reason it's somewhat active now is because there's a sale on and .60 isn't that old. If you wait a few weeks you'll see how much it dies down.
>>
>>343170578
that's awful. I played Ark for awhile because I had a friend do all the base building and I was just the resource / tame guy. I enjoyed surviving the wild / stealing from other players a lot until we had everything we need and it literally just turned into a mine metal simulator.
Also I got the Division for awhile and I enjoyed the PVP zone in that until they ruined it with set pieces.

Every game nowadays needs crafting or building even Fallout went down that route (among other problems) it's so boring to me.
>>
>>343168890
I never paid anything. I said other people paid and i murdered their op nigger ass with basic shit I found in like 2minutes. You just sound upset that you want to gather resources with zombies 1 gun piece at a time for 2 hours house to house obviously stalkable as fuck until someone like me comes and fucking shooting you in the face with a pistol and takes all your shit while your busy distracted doing your EPIK LOOTZ xD
>>
>>343170558
Yeaaaaa I think i played around that time. You actually had to strategize to get in and out of the cities because the zombies would wreck your shit and spawn every time you turned around lol. They are much more sparse and weaker now it seems
>>
>>343170880
For the sake of humanity I'll pretend you're 12 and trolling
>>
>>343165793
>>343170558
I remember when I had to stay on the Klen mountain 24/7 because of the zombie hordes down in Krasnostav. My friends helped me set up a comfy camp and we just sat around and talked to each other. Some players would get into a car to storm into a nearby town and grab all sorts of shit from the supermarket. I fucking loved the mod back in 2012 - early 2013.
>>
>>343157623
Because I already bought Rust and can only afford to buy and sink time into one generic mutliplayer survival game.
>>
>>343170256

I'm all for reliving the good times.

>about 5 or 6 since I first started playing the DayZ mod.
>Haven't actually gone outside much outside of Cherno, my comfort zone
>Hearing all the scary rumors about snipers and NW Airfield and Elektro keep my exploration at a minimum.
>Do manage to work up to having an AKM, M1911, and lots of medical supplies in my Czech backpack.
>few close calls but managed to pretty much avoid firefights, playing very survival oriented.
>going through the northern apartments when I start hearing shots.
>see some guy with no weapons diving into the hospital across the street.
>bandit coming up around the corner, the bambi is typing in side for help.
>Bandit turns the corner and is about to light him up
>Rule #17 [s]Don't[/s] be a hero.
>Take aim, fire.
>Bandit never sees me, figure he's too focused on killing the newbie.
>See him go down, hear flies so I know he's dead.
>Run out of the apartment and un over to bambi.
>Knocked out, blood loss but alive.
>Fortunately carrying a small hospital with me and I get to play medic.
>Patch him up, give him blood, get him back to perfect health.
>He says "Thanks" a lot in side and it makes me happy I could help out like that. Felt like a real hero.

The guy apparently was friends with someone else who was a regular in the server and just started playing. Later I ended up forming a pretty long lasting group with him and his two buddies and we had a great little camp North of Berezino. But I'll remember that fondly when I saved a bambi from a bandit.
>>
>>343157623
I play war z Infestation: Survivor Stories instead.
>>
>>343171081
Yea. You also had to find parts for a car/copter. They weren't just given to you
>>
>>343170849
Everything is crafting and shit I agree, but just ignore the base building part of DayZ and you could still have good moments, nobody has a house in the middle of the street in the biggest city of the map. You´re not gonna shoot someone who´s in their own home or they shoot you without you having a shoot at them aswell so it´s really not all too bad. Besides, learning the names of the home owners and checking if their on and make it a mission just to fuck with the safe space babby is always fun and always leaves you with a potential reason to put your loot to use as opposed to just running around to find a nigga moment for you to utilize SELF DEFENSE.
>>
>>343165985
It didn't, but it was the new fad for people that want to be immersed in a fictional world and it failed, just like mmorpgs.
This fad failed for two reasons, the first is that no matter how hard we ride the indie dev dick, actually ambitious and innovative projects in 3d in a sandbox world can only be pulled off by AAA devs, but they won't do it so we reclutantly accepted the lesser evil.
Indie devs are only good for 2d shit, even project zomboid is better than dayz, despite being in early access since forever.
The second reason is that full loot and permadeath will never be popular among gamers, as they attract only pk wankers and it takes too much time for your character to become viable to not get frustrated when you die and lose everything. It's also almost impossible to play these games on your own, you either start with a team of people you know or the learning curve will be too steep.
All sandbox mmorpgs with full loot failed, all of these survival mmos are failing too.
>>
>>343169054
you sound like a massive cuck baby

if we were playing street fighter id get you in the corner and kick you over and over and over and youd be like OMG STOP ANON ITS NOT FAIR OH MY GAWD I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME YOURE RUINING IT THIS ISNT HOW PEOPLE FIGHT I JUST WANTED TO HADOKEN STOP OMG ADMIN STOOOOOOOP

Are you 12?
>>
>>343157623
It is way to fucking long in 'early access'
It should've been finished by now.
>>
>>343169214
Im saying go ahead throw your pay to win shit at me. Im just going to get a fucking pistol and take your entire fucking base and everything you love and then put it all into a ural and fucking burn it to the ground and make a video about how i destroyed every fucking thing you own and post it on the forum of your shit clan.

BUT I JUST WANT TO GATHER BEANS!!!!
ITS ABOUT SURVIVAL!!!!
OMG THE ZOMBIES HIT ME FOR 10 DAMAGE
IM BLEEDING WHILE THEY HIT ME AS I STAND HERE LIKE A RETARD
OMG IM SO SCARED
HOW DO I PLAY GAMES

casual faggot

anyone who can hold down the W key can survive in this game.

I mean I could see if you were making this argument and it was like dying light at night with the l4d2 infected roaming around ready to fuck your shit up but its arma 2. The zombies are stupid as all ever loving fuck. Seriously if you get entertainement from them and "surviving" against them, youre literally facebook-tier soccer mom casual.
>>
>>343171565
Not only that but they were actually hard to find, and getting a broken down huey to working condition was a long grueling task to find all the parts necessary for it, and get all the gas as well, which made it so insanely satisfying when you started that bad boy up. You were psyched just to be in the air, it didn't even matter where you were going.
>>
>>343163292
That faggot ruined Rust, but prime Rust was still 10x better than DayZ ever was.
>>
>>343172129
>I mean I could see if you were making this argument and it was like dying light at night with the l4d2 infected roaming around ready to fuck your shit up but its arma 2.

OK kid, if you thought that Dying Light at night was rough when it gives you MGS radar and a million ways to kill violates easily, you're the casual.

But then again, you're a Epoch shitter so that was obvious from the start.
>>
>>343169379
Trader safe places are just for you to buy shit safely and not get cheesed while you are in the menu stupid casual fuck.

You think I cant fucking see you in a plain at the store buying shit 500m away in the treeline? You think im not going to put a fucking sniper round into you as soon as you leave the invul zone? Those places are nothing more than huge fucking risks where everyone gathers and tries to murder you for quick and easy loot.

>>343169552
The fucking bridge bro. Shit I love that. Its like a 2m long bridge drive in a car and people make border patrol check points and shit and you frequently have to slam your car into park sideways and jump out and have a sniper fight as you make your way across in the fog. Fucking glorious.

>>343169568
Nobody gets spawn camped. Theres plenty of servers that start with random points or like 7 spawn points where you can try and run in and grab a gun and leave or just survive yourself. I dont know what youre doing if you expect to trust random 12 year olds from romania. Sounds like you just need to make some friends and play together instead of expecting all these random factors to line up in order to have a good time.
>>
>>343165264
Fuck you lemmy stop thinking about clothes and put the npc in, im waiting this shit for 3 years
>>
File: Tanoa.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tanoa.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>343157623
When they add horde back into the game, sure. For now, Jungle warfare in Tanoa is much better.
>>
>>343157623
Is there anything to do yet?
Are there many zombies actually in it?
>>
>>343157623
its fucking boring
>>
>>343172129

If you thought Dying Light at night was hard at all with MGS radar and violates only slightly harder than normal zombies, you're the casual.
>>
>>343173004
Zombies will spawn around and in towns when someone or you is near. But i still want them to roam forests and fields and all that good stuff.
>>
>>343170071
>>343169953
I didnt become a bandit because I shot random people. I usually leave people alone because they have garbage and they are a waste of my ammunition and killing them gives away my position. I typically stalk them into a city or something and use them to draw out any unseen attention. If they get shot I look for the person who killed them because they are geared and I want their shit. I want that sniper on the hill camping or someone looking to pvp. They have the quick loot shit. I murder them and get geared. Then anything else I set up a tent for in a bush and mark that on my map in photoshop or the coords in excel depending on what im doing. The thing is most people aren't bandits and are heroes. However they are heroes but they are that way either because they are pussies or they shoot at EVERYONE who isnt neutral or a bandit and heal their buttbuddies to get hero points. They are the ones who always try and start shit and I murder them and find their base and murder their friends and destroy all their shit as retaliation. Since they are all heroes and usually respawn and attack me over and over and over I slaughter them and get -3k points every kill and it makes me a perma bandit even though Im typically passive unless provoked. I remember one server they threw themselves at me and my buddy and we killed them like 90 times and we were like -150,000 humanity or some insane shit.
>>
>>343172885
Was it already released?
>>
look like we can play game like ark,dayz,arma smooth with no latency full animation in the age of quantum computer.
>>
The core gameplay is still shit. Zombies are fucking garbage too and melee combat is not working.
>>
>>343170578
Its easy to break locks. My friends and I did it all the time. Its only a 999 lock. Most combos picked are 500, 700, 800, or 900s. You can use two men alternating picking the door and pick any door in like 30mins but if you start on the higher numbers sometiems you can get lucky and pick it in like 5-10m.

Honestly most people are stupid as fuck and put their plot pole in a place thats reachable and with some trick jumping/heli's you can steal it and just get building rights and build a ladder or stairs and climb right in. Git gud
>>
Gunplay is shit, character movement is shit, temperature\weather\hunger\health systems are shit, crafting is shit, loot system is shit, weapons they've added are shit.
Game has no redeeming factors compared to DayzMod. I don't know at what point they've taken a competent PvP game with interesting factors like zombies etc. and decided to try and make it into My first survival sim: the game. Literally fucking reddit.
>>
File: 1467146163016.jpg (100 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1467146163016.jpg
100 KB, 500x430
Why is it that there's always a flock of people ready to complain about shit which has been:

A. Isn't in the game anymore
B. Not even a problem with the game, but a personal preference

Unless I'm being ignorant, it really seems like /v/ has it's bed-ridden ass ready to aim and fire whenever a bohemia thread pops up. It doesn't even have to be a thread like this. It can be like just a "Are you going to play Tanoa" thread

Criticism is cool and all, but there really seems to be a overwhelming amount.
>>
>>343172885
If only gameplay in Arma wasn't so shitty.

Squad is better by miles
>>
File: 1467149388552.jpg (64 KB, 665x633) Image search: [Google]
1467149388552.jpg
64 KB, 665x633
>>343174096
Here comes the squad shill
>>
>>343174096
>Squad is better by miles

I'd hold off on that conclusion until we see how well they implement vehicles.
>>
>>343173049
>But i still want them to roam forests and fields and all that good stuff.

Zombies will spawn from some things in forests and stuff, occasionally you'll come across some zombies in the forest, I think they mostly come out of the power line towers and bleed into the forests.
>>
>>343157623
canibals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJLdnN0xHY
>>
>>343173235
Zombies probably are the thing they're failing the worse at. Not only in terms of numbers but in terms of AI and behavior as well.
>>
I miss the loudfield
>>
>all this negativity and people talking out of their ass in this thread
Sounds like you faggots don't know how to play or haven't played in ages. I've been playing for the past few days and I've been having a blast. Zombies are much less bug ridden, the only complaint people really have with them are that there isn't enough, which is undoubtedly true. I haven't experienced any zombie bugs since .60's release though.

>people complaining about the game being boring or stale in terms of content when they go the fastest and easiest route
You sound no different than somebody complaining that a game is too easy when they're playing on the easiest difficulty. Go build a camp and actually hunt for your food faggot, let's see how far you get then.
>b-but there's no animals
There's ponds and bodies of water fucking everywhere and you can fish for your food then cook it. There is a sustainable amount of content for it to be a survival simulator now, especially with them adding wolves as predators in the near future.
>>
>>343173320
You sound difficult
>>
>>343172586
>>343173039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMuYHdpPh8M

Im talking about the player controlled zombie event thing that happens at night where the guy can easily fuck up your shit and if DayZ was like that but with a bunch of special infected like left 4 dead 2. Then "surviving" in dayz would be a hard thing to do.

But its not. Currently the worse case scenario is when servers edit the zombie % chance of breaking your legs on hit from like 7% to something like 50% and then it becomes a fairly annoying occurance. But honestly you would literally have to run directly at a zombie for him to ever have a chance of hitting you in Dayz Mod. Maybe if you discharged your gun in a city 15 zombies would come and if you stayed in a room for a good 30s they might pile outside your door and force you to shoot them all. Or three, you are firing a lmg laying down and over 40s or so a horde of zombies would come over and youd have to casually get up and skip about 10 feet away and turn around and shoot them.

Other than those three scenarios, zombies dont exist at all and would never ever threaten you.
>>
>>343173320
exactly
>>
>>343173672
How developer's kill franchises.
>we have a successful game environment with all these things people loved and pointed out our flaws and suggest or made improvements on
>maybe should use everything we have and make a part 2 like a whole new chapter of the same story and we add in the most liked mods but do it ourselves and we do it bigger and better"
>NAH LETS THROW IT ALL IN THE GARBAGE AND REINVENT THE WHEEL SURELY NOTHING COULD GO WRONG
>>
>>343157623
rust
>>
File: Berry+picker+as+fuck.jpg (46 KB, 515x482) Image search: [Google]
Berry+picker+as+fuck.jpg
46 KB, 515x482
>>343175969
>Go build a camp and actually hunt for your food faggot, let's see how far you get then.
I stopped eating easily a few hours into the game when I realized murder and bloodbags were more efficient then wasting my time gathering shit.

Some of us are predators and some people like yourself pick MY berries for me. Nothin' personnel kid.
>>
>>343177405
I think the problem with a slow game like rust is that a hacker can just join and spawn shit and destroy your shit that you took like 4 days to build in 10s.
>>
If I were to play DayZ would it be better to go for Standalone or a mod on Arma 2 or 3?
>>
>>343157991
No problem, there's no need to speak. Everyone shoots on sight anyway.
>>
When I imagine DayZ it feels like even in my memories it runs in 25FPS.
>>
Survival games are shit, the only fun part is when you encounter other players and that barely happens once an hour.

They are moving in the right direction with battle royales.
>>
>>343178801
arma 2 epoch or arma 3 epoch
arma 2 has more shit but is clunkier
arma 3 has a lot less shit but the controls arent retarded as all fuck
>>
>>343179816
Yeah the h1z1 battle royale is fun
I think its best when its down to about 20 players left and the map is like battlefield 2 sized.

If the map is too big, nobody ever seens anyone except choke points. If there arent cars it takes too fucking long to do anything.

Ive seen an interesting take on this with some of the dayz mod servers. They overload bunkers and stuff with guns and you can get them there easily or in towns maybe and then try and rush the bunkers but that causes congestion.

Airdrops make randomized congestion which is better I think. Roaming AI is interesting as well which create more loot points.

Honestly I feel its best when everyone can have a car or two and everyone has at least 1 weapon. Then you reach the like...walking dead balance and it becomes like a tvshow where you encounter people roughly every 5-10m and you either have a firefight or a driveby where everyone calls each other faggots as they drive by or people wait to ambush you and open fire at you once you stop or reach a choke point.

Thats way more fun than playing my first survival simulator every single fucking time.

Im actually semi-interested in a complete item roll on every respawn so its like you randomly start off as a survivor at a random point of his survival journey. I think if it started like that people might be more likely to play their role at the moment. Arma 3 sorta touches it on it a bit where you can join factions and see other players who are on that team and youre randomized and far apart but give people bonuses or something for cooperation and theyd probably work together rather than kill each other.
>>
File: 1466753107255.jpg (146 KB, 554x564) Image search: [Google]
1466753107255.jpg
146 KB, 554x564
No one in this thread has played DayZ in years, fr which i don'T blame them. I have, every patch. Got 2000 hours on it.

As much as I hate DayZ and it's production timeline, everything taking 2 years longer than it should and could have, the last patch was the first big step in the right direction to make it playable. My only worry is that rhey took too long for the game to be ever taken seriously again.

The only thing they have going for them is that the AAA companies are so lacking in vision, they haven't truly delved into the DayZ's concept of survival simulation that doesn't hold the player's hand and guide them through agony.

Not to mention any realistic gunplay. THe majority of the people I play with are autistic /k/ommandos who just can't get satisfied with any other arcade shooter.

Other companies should force Bohemia's hand and make a game where it feels amazing to kill a single player like DayZ. Maybe then they'll get off their fucking lazy ass and actually speed up the production of this delayed piece of shit.

I'm not going to hold my breath, i play it because for me there is just no alternative, and i tried them all.
>>
>>343162012
Rust, Really good solo or with friends
>>
>>343180456
>THe majority of the people I play with are autistic /k/ommandos who just can't get satisfied with any other arcade shooter.
>tfw when land a 1000m+ headshot

>i play it because for me there is just no alternative
pretty much
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.