[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post games you thought would be shit but were better then expected.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: cover_large.jpg (234 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
234 KB, 600x749
Post games you thought would be shit but were better then expected.
This game was better then it had any right to be
>>
>>343151005

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/11/17/sword-art-online-lost-song-review

Ok
>>
>>343152362
>Different game
>Taking anything ign says seriously
>>
File: 20160623231428_1.jpg (52 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
20160623231428_1.jpg
52 KB, 550x550
Playing the vita version right now.
convince me not to buy lost song
>>
File: 1466748614276.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
1466748614276.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>>343151005
I watched my cousin play it and I just left the room when they all turned into elves
>>
>>343152583
I heard lost song isn't nearly as good, as for the vita version of hollow fragment, whats different?
I strangely enjoy hollow fragment but absolutely hate the original anime
>>
>>343152693
Was that late game or some shit? Because im not too far and if not you might be thinking of a different game.
>>
>>343152743
less bugs. better graphics?
dunno...no downloadable dlc because its included?
>>
>>343152983
the Vita version has better graphics then the ps4 version? How and why?
>>
File: seriously.jpg (20 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
20 KB, 500x313
>Digital Only
>Has box art
>>
>>343151005
The gameplay is pretty ok but the whole setting just kill it for me. I can handle weebness but sao just makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>343153464
It's the same thing as the vita box art with a minor edit and is just used for the online store page. Probably took a whole five seconds to make.
>>
Solatorobo and Tail Concerto both looked like they'd be bad, but holy shit was I wrong.

>Simple yet fun gameplay
>Endearing characters who you just can't hate (except that GOD DAMNED MIDGET COP PANTA. FUCK THAT LITTLE SHITHEAD)
>Great music that sets the mood
>You can actually ignore that everyone is a talking abomination since they have so much character in their personalities

These games would not have been fun without the stories and characters. Tail Concerto suffered from very bad voice acting (Flair excluded, she was adorable as fuck), but that's just a PSX anime game symptom.

Solatorobo took everything good about Tail Concerto and made it better. Every time I played emulated it, I never skipped the opening theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suChqJwGIBA

It felt like turning on a good show without Tivo to skip anything.

Both games were great. I'd suggest you all give them a shot. Try to ignore that everyone is a furry except in the last half where they reveal that everyone is a mutant, resulting from an incredibly stupid war in the past that caused everyone to escape to the stratosphere..
>>
>>343153709
I got it mostly as a time waster dungeon crawler and it fulfilled that okay enough for me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.