[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even worth playing Undertale at this point? Like, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1418168395621.jpg (57 KB, 430x532) Image search: [Google]
1418168395621.jpg
57 KB, 430x532
Is it even worth playing Undertale at this point? Like, I'm a massive story fag but thanks to the fanbase I already know that the goofy fat skeleton is the 2cool final boss of the evil route and that the flower is actually the goat son of goat mom and goat dad. What's the point if I already know the twists?
>>
I can't imagine myself in a position where I didn't get to experience the decent storytelling and jokes for myself and the only exposure I had about the game was from the extremely retarded faggot fanbase that over rates the fuck out of the game and can't stop talking about it.

Those fags robbed you out of a good experience.
>>
Anon, I was in the same postion as you were in. I thought I knew everything about it due to being spoiled on the twists and reading shit up about it, so I didn't bother.

Instead, I just watched bits and pieces of it on youtube. Each time, I went "Oh this looks pretty good", and ended up watching more and more.

By the end of it, I had watched the entire game, and was deeply regretting my decision to not play it regardless of knowing the twists ahead of time and ACTUALLY having robbed myself of the ability to expierence it due to having seen the whole game end to end via videos.

So...

tl;dr yes, play it anyways. Try to avoid spoiling yourself on what little you don't know.

Even if you've read the entire tv tropes page top to bottom, you will still be surprised at a lot of things and should be able to appreciate the execution of what you know will happen anyways.
>>
>>343144058
I want to fuck that Sylveon
>>
>>343144058
>>26898175
>>
>>343144313

This. Honestly it's better off if you play Undertale and ignore both the cancerous furfaggotry and the haters that come with it.
>>
>>343144058
The meat of the game is in the twists and secrets, if you've had the whole game spoiled for you there's no point in playing it, it'll just seem like a mediocre snorefest if you know everything that will happen.
If you know what happens to sans and flowey without knowing the context then I guess you can still play the game and enjoy the story.
The best time to play this game was in the first few weeks of its release, spoilers were on the down low and not everyone hated the game.

Undertale is a special experience, much like Cave Tory, OFF or Ib, it's a shame that with it's popularity now new players won't get to play it the definitive way.
I'm happy I played this game early.
>>
>>343144058
Yeah, you'd think that but play the game for the sake of the challenge.

Undertale is alright. A solid 7/10.

Just don't make contact with the cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>343144058
Play Lisa the Painful instead, if you haven't already; it arguably has better story elements than Undertale.

In terms of story, Undertale really doesn't have a whole lot going for it.
Most of Undertale's praise is derived from its zany characters, its music, and its you-don't-have-to-kill-anyone-to-win battle system.

>>343147607
>but play the game for the sake of the challenge
Except the game is hardly challenging at all?
The puzzles and battles are stupidly easy, and genocide mode battles are just memorization.
>>
>>343148218
Well, it still remains a challenge to memorize the patterns.
In theory it's easy but you got to execute right.

Every game is a challenge, Anon. Don't forget that.
>>
>>343144058
play it anyways
>>
>>343144058
Just play it for the good OST and the dialogue. I played it for the first time a couple weeks ago and I already knew all of the twists, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the writing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.