[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/. I'm a game dev, working on a trading card game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 26
Hey, /v/. I'm a game dev, working on a trading card game called Forgotten Lore. I've done a few giveaways on /v/ of my stuff awhile back, and now I'm looking for a little feedback. Anyone who's played, can you tell me what you thought of it? What can be improved, what is done wrong?

The reviews so far have been pretty positive but aside from "needs more content and more graphics" I haven't had much feedback.

Would love to get some constructive criticism.
>>
>>343143781
Looks like garbage.
>>
Definitely needs more graphics. Those cards are ugly AF.
>>
>>343143894
Constructive, anon.

>>343143952
Like this.

Also, link to the devblogs to see more art: http://forgotten-lore.com/
>>
Trading card games are dumb.
You're dumb.

I hope you get cucked.
>>
File: thili2.gif (2 MB, 594x421) Image search: [Google]
thili2.gif
2 MB, 594x421
>>343144290
That's not nice, anon. :(
>>
All I remember from trying this out was that games dragged on forever and creature stats were all over the place. Everything just took forever to kill. Does this game still have some shitty poison snake with shit for stats that's completely shat on by the spider dude that has like 4 times as much health for one more mana?
>>
File: 1438029423482.png (666 KB, 636x911) Image search: [Google]
1438029423482.png
666 KB, 636x911
>>343143781
Why are you blatantly shilling? You're not even giving away a few copies here.

And if you want honest advice from another dev: make it a blatant hearthstone clone. You won't possibly succeed otherwise.
>>
post more'
keep at it OP, realize that the people shitting on you are underage or NEETs
>>
>>343143781
10 bucks to play an unfinished game?

I'm not some 12 y.o. kid, you know?
People in the past payed people to test and give criticism to their games.

So, how about telling us what your OnlineTCG does better than any other.
>>
>>343144528
20 year old with a job here.
It's just a shitty hearthstone rippoff, why would anyone play this?
>>
I'll be honest with you, I've only played 10 minutes or so of it. I like the concept, if I remember correctly my only gripe was the ui interaction was somewhat clunky. Making that smoother would be better.
>>
I remember seeing this game in a gamedev thread back before you even had a Steam page.
Interested in watching it progress, since my friend is a huge hearthstone fag and he'd love it, but sure as hell not going to pay for something that would be free eventually.
>>
>>343143781
>Online indie TCG
>Not F2P
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

ENJOY $10.00 IN SALES AND HAVING TO REFUND IT WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY CAVE (AFTER IT'S TOO LATE OF COURSE)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: hueshift.gif (989 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
hueshift.gif
989 KB, 294x233
>>343144446
Anon, shilling is pretending to not be a dev, pretending to be a customer who enjoys the game. I am the dev, directly asking for criticism, not pretending to praise it.

Not really looking to copy Hearthstone, although I will admit the artstyle has lately been leaning towards it. Trying my best to set us apart, from a gameplay perspective.

>>343144437
Same game. Balance has changed a ton, of course. Lots of new cards, as well.

>>343144635
I've gotten angry emails complaining its not enough like hearthstone. People are weird.

>>343144617
It's $10 to filter out anyone not wanting to play an Early Access game, to help me cover server fees. It'll be f2p in the final release. Any cards earned will carry over to final release, so that's the main incentive of playing now. I'd rather most people wait until the game is finished before playing.
>>
File: 1462868813452.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462868813452.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>343143781
Is this game made by 10 year old summer kids.
>>
File: menuNew.gif (429 KB, 652x340) Image search: [Google]
menuNew.gif
429 KB, 652x340
>>343144678
Yeah, I agree the UI as always can use a lot of work. I spent a ton of time tweaking the menu until it was completely garbage. Almost happy with it, but I really need to have one of our artists tackle it already.

>>343144708
Yeah, I totally understand.

>>343144775
Check the Steam page before sperging, anon. It's going f2p on release. The $10 is just an early access toll to keep people out and maintain servers while really invested people help alpha test features as I dev them.
>>
>>343144818

Hi man, I wish you the best of luck making your game, it looks pretty impressive, is it a one man project?

Nice to see people actually do something constructive on this board rather than just do fuck all all day like me.
>>
>dev wants feedback from /v/
>/v/ spergs out and gives nothing but negativity
>/v/ chases off dev
>dev looks for feedback elsewhere
>/v/ spergs out and acts betrayed when the dev goes elsewhere
It's happened before and it will happen again. It always does.
>>
File: waveglow.gif (1 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
waveglow.gif
1 MB, 294x233
>>343145061
Mostly one man. I have a friend who wanted to help with server infrastructure, so he's doing that. All of the art/music assets are contracted out to people with actual artistic talent.
>>
>>343145223

As long as he fucks off, good riddance.
>>
>>343145230
But is this card game kind of a clone or has it new mechanics or whatever?
>>
File: Card_P_Melgorn_the_Dwarf.png (500 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_Melgorn_the_Dwarf.png
500 KB, 629x500
>>343145223
To be totally honest, I'm not sure where else to look for feedback. Reddit doesn't really work unless you're working on VR or are part of a bigger studio. Reddit mods HATE indie devs, for the most part.

Everyone wants to be the next Notch, and they're tired of it.
>>
Hey Dev, i spoke with you some time ago offering a localization for your game and you refused so i'm gonna try again

i'm building a portfolio for my company, so i want to help fellow anons with FREE* localizations

give me some contact info

*all i ask is the permission to add your game to our future website
>>
>>343145503
If I recall correctly he's making it a trading card game, where the cards are steam inventory items that can be traded, bought and sold on the community market.
>>
File: 1448246336827.jpg (76 KB, 640x698) Image search: [Google]
1448246336827.jpg
76 KB, 640x698
>>343143781
One thing that is gonna kill this compared to hearthstone is the
ITS DARK.
It should be brighter like Hearthstone. No one wants to feel depressed when playing, or feel like your threw a call of duty filter over the whole thing to make it grey.
I saw your update btw, I got that card you gave out

Outside of gameplay since I haven't played it extensively.
>Brightness. The mood feels like a cloudy day in a moldy basement. It needs to be brighter and nicer.
>Image quality. Jaggies everywhere.
>Card image itself, it seems pretty low quality. I get the "piece of old parchment" look you're going for, but it looks messy. You don't need to make it look shiny bubbles like some facebook app, but there is some room for improvement
>Card color. The cards are all that same color format. The whole card is a uniform color as well.
>Icons on the card. You should try out more saturation
>Text font. Arial or whatever that is should not be your font.

Also, could you make a list of all the current abilities and post them, as well as a simple diagram for how the 4 values on the card work? You'll get way more feedback, and you might also wanna check out /tg/ if you can write a readup for people.
You could probably get people to design you cards and mechanics if you do a writeup.

Also
>Theme: What's the theme? What's the world? Magic the gathering does a huge amount of effort on theme and story. Hearthstone has warcraft.
>Card names: I remember a card that sounded like you took some white kid's name and made him a skeleton. Don't use lame names.
>>
>>343144957
I suggest changing the fonts you use first. What are you using now, Arial?
Your boring UI can stay for now, fonts are more important. Personally I think its the most important thing, since its what you are looking at the most.
>>
File: Card_P_Awaken.png (778 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_Awaken.png
778 KB, 629x500
>>343145503
Definitely not a clone. It's mostly my own playground of random cardgame ideas that I've always wanted to do in existing games but couldn't.

For starters, the cards are all inventory items. There is absolutely no RNG at the moment (aside from card draws and who starts first, of course). The "mana" system is something that hasn't really been done before, because of the way Tomes (basically classes) work in this game.

>>343145652
[email protected] - not doing localisation yet but it might be happening soon. For some reason I have a lot of German players.
>>
>>343145752
Also continue: If you're making this in Unity, check this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjMnMZe1Vg
>>
>>343145230

Aight cool, anyway since I complimented you can you list me as a producer in the credits so I can put it on my portfolio, I gave you emotional support and shit that's at least an executive produce
>>
>>343143781
I remember when you were advertising this and I ignored it because virus total detected some shit.
>>
>>343145958
>Using anything besides Common Sense 2017
You need to be 18 to post here, kiddo.
>>
>>343145958
>viruses
>2016
>on steam
>in a unity game
go back to bed grandpa
>>
>>343146047
Common sense would dictate that you have the ability to make a mistake.
>>
>>343143894
This tbqhfam.
>>
>>343145850
>cards are all inventory items

Yeah, that's kinda interesting.
Anyway, want to drop a key? I'm always interested in new Card games.
>>
>>343146129
This just in: Not all games start out on steam
>>
File: Card_P_VendrickDragonOfTheNorth.png (774 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_VendrickDragonOfTheNorth.png
774 KB, 629x500
>>343145752
>No one wants to feel depressed when playing
I feel this. I figured the comfy music would help brighten up the mood but maybe I need to take a second look at the picture as a whole.

>Image quality. Jaggies everywhere.
Yeah, its an issue with some shader in Unity that I honestly should probably just rewrite, or at the very least do a AA pass.

>Card image itself
The whole thing really needs to be redone, and not only that but spell and soul cards need to have unique templates.

>Also, could you make a list of all the current abilities and post them
This is kind of tricky at the moment, because every update I'm changing what cards have what abilities and how they interact with one another. But I'll see if I can get something like that setup.

>and you might also wanna check out /tg/ if you can write a readup for people
Tried /tg/ and only got one reply saying that video game tabletop games are for fags.

>What's the theme?
The overall setting is pretty generic fantasy, with a huge focus on the undead. But I'm trying to keep it abstract and mysterious

>>343145845
It's Open Sans Bold. I've tried more interesting fonts, but every graphic designers I've talked too said to keep it boring for a "minimal feel" - still on the fence about that.

>>343145889
I actually watched this awhile back! I've been doing a lot of research on shaders over the last month or so and it should help make the game a lot more interesting on a visual level.
>>
Long or short, your game is pretty nice, I don't have really anything to complain at present, cause I've been busy with other shit, so not much playing.
Surprised you aren't dumping more keys to be honest.
>>
>>343145850

sent
>>
File: Card_P_MugoshTheOgre.png (560 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_MugoshTheOgre.png
560 KB, 629x500
>>343146469
I dropped maybe 1000 gift copies on /v/ over the last few months. Now that it's on sale I figure I should hold out on that a bit. I don't want to fuck the current card economy with an influx of new users all at once.
>>
>>343146442
>but every graphic designers I've talked too said to keep it boring for a "minimal feel"
Well definately don't use a fancy script font, but do try to use something a little more interesting than Open Sans. To be honest, the biggest problem is the "client changelog" header. Open Sans is a font meant for body, not headers.
>>
OP I have a question.

What happens if the game doesn't catch on? I got it from one of the giveaways you've done but not once have I found players. Steam shows 23 people as all-time peak.
Is it even officially out yet?

I'm not bashing or anything. I just get a sense of sadness that someone might be working on a game that will die without having ever lived to begin with.
I'd feel the same for Battleborn if it weren't made by Gearshit.
>>
>>343146613
drop 5 keys, there aren't many of us right now.
>>
>>343146613
Fair enough.
>TFW got twelve copies back then
You are great.
>>
File: Card_P_DesertElf.png (568 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_DesertElf.png
568 KB, 629x500
>>343146728
I'm probably going to keep devving for another 6 months to a year on it. Whether or not it makes money isn't my real concern. I work as a VR gamedev fulltime at a company called Funktronic Labs. Forgotten Lore is just a project of love, nothing more nothing less.

>>343146807
How? I was not dropping keys, but putting the game straight into accounts.
>>
>>343146442
>with a huge focus on the undead.
If I were you, I'd just let that be a part of the overall world so you're not limited. Starting with it's fine, but you don't wanna shoehorn undead into everything
>Tried /tg/ and only got one reply saying that video game tabletop games are for fags.
Don't present it as a videogame. Writeup the mechanics and present it as a normal cardgame. Doesn't mean people will help. You could also try reddit on r/gaming, but I suggest having a write up. Might wanna phrase it as showing off what you have so far rather than asking for help
>This is kind of tricky at the moment, because every update I'm changing what cards have what abilities and how they interact with one another. But I'll see if I can get something like that setup.
I can't imagine a list that says "Attacker: Can attack the opponent" would be that hard for you.
>>
Is there a built in tutorial yet?
>>
>>343146442
>It's Open Sans Bold. I've tried more interesting fonts, but every graphic designers I've talked too said to keep it boring for a "minimal feel" - still on the fence about that.
Use a font meant for website blogs that feels nice and smooth, or just look at Hearthstone and find the closest thing to that.
>>
>>343143781
Thanks Doc.
>>
>>343146887
Not him, but I got all my friends accounts

Also, I remember when I was playing that I was super confused how to build a deck and what the limits in my deck were and what cards were in it.
You might wanna ask people if they feel the same. I felt it was a barrier to entry.
>>
would play your game on release (or before) OP, wish you the best of luck. I've been wanting for a new CCG for a long time, so It's cool to see your proyect.

I just hope that you don't make the game RNG central like HS, or oversimplify it, that is not to say that I want a super complex game either, just add stuff like artifacts and whatnot to make the game feel more diverse and strategic.

Also, a good graphical team can take you far (just check how HS is worse than so many other card games, yet the most successful). Don't listen to ALL the community, but keep a selected number of knowledgeable people around you to help you make decisions about balance.

/tg/ might be more up your alley too, but everywhere is full of fags, so don't let that get under your skin.
do you have an official forum or something?

If you ever need people for translations to Spanish I can be of help
>>
>>343146887
I put 11 friends on the list. :^)
>>
question, do these cards actually exist or just in the game?

it would be pretty hard to get more and more fans of the game if they are thinking 'literally who?' because the cards only exist in virtual space. if i'm honest i'm already thinking exactly that, this isn't magic, pokemon or yugioh, what is your selling point? and if you don't have one why not indie release (except I can already tell that answer is cash.)
>>
>>343145652
>tfw I could probably do a spanish translation
>no real reward out of it apart from ethical gain from selflessly helping someone
There's probably a ton of spics right now, but mexican spanish is shit and should never be used for a translstion.
>>
File: Card_P_TiabTheKraken.png (578 KB, 690x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_TiabTheKraken.png
578 KB, 690x500
>>343146953
Not yet, I'm honestly surprised at how often people ask though. I'll do it soonish.

>>343146898
You're right, I feel that.

>>343147128
I think I've fixed most of this with UI updates, you should check it out.
>>
>>343147291
>ya wey, juega tu carta rápido pendejo
better than Chilean slang tbf, also 7-0
>>
>>343147285
physical cards are dying outside of super companies which still struggle to keep it floating
>>
>>343147291
what about nica spanish
>>
>>343144818
Remember that artstyle is one of the first things people sees. If your artstyle is close enough to Hearthstone, people will probably immediately judge it as a "shit close Hearthstone," which already starts them off on a bad footing. After that, minor problems might look like big problems and the player eventually drops the game, calling it a bad hearthstone clone even if it's not that at all.
>>
The only CCG that was ever good was Magic. It has one flaw in that it is insanely expensive to start out but there are ways to play it for free online. I would say they main problems all of these digital CCGs have in common are they are way too simple and they have no cutthoat competitive level which, let's face it, is the only level Magic is fun at casual play is retarded.

So even though I have no idea what your game even is because I avoid early access like herpies and aids mixed together I can tell you you game will need to be complicated enough to scare normies, it will have to have some way you can react to your opponents plays during their turn, and you are going to need to hold 1 million dollar tournaments for your game to be good. Of course if you do this you will never make money.

Basically you should probably go back to the night shift at taco bell if your intentiom is to make a good game. If you want to make money thats another question.
>>
>>343143781

if that is your card design, then it is garbage. I like the design of having an icon in the background of the numbers to make sense of it. But every number is equal size, so it attracts equal attention and this makes it so that none of the numbers stand out. Look at hearthstones card, the mana cost is the most important number and thus stands out, samething with pokemon tcg and its health and that number stands out.

And so on, you need to redesign the cards because I should instantly know what is most important value on that card then work my way down to next important. right now it feels like I'm being thrown four different numbers at once and its harder to make sense of at first glance.
>>
>>343147527
he said that this is just his passion project and that he makes money for working in a company, so I say that he should just go for it as long as it makes him happy.
>>
do u have sub reddit or something? it's gonna be hard to have actual conversation here
>>
>>343147478
that wasn't what I asked.
>>
One thing I've noticed that hearthstone has that you should take from is its really good sound design. When you play a big minion, the ground shakes, you hear it crash into the field, and when it swings into something you hear a way bigger smack than when a small minion attacks. Really adds heft to the minion and shows that "Hey, this card is a threat. I'm playing an awesome card. This is worth collecting and playing."
>>
>>343143781
I see you got dinosaurs OP
but does your game have jet propelled dinosaurs.
I represent t. 4chan and the leejun needs to have proper representation in the form of jet propelled dinosaurs.
We look forward to your answer.
>>
Real talk /v/ is it too late to get in on the tcg bandwagon.

If I make my own tcg will it fail?
>>
>>343147836
if he makes a sub reddit some people here will sperg the hell out
make a board in some IB that allows it maybe? if not, a subreddit is fine
>>
>>343143781
When Tabletop Simulator dev wanted opinions, he gave copies out in threads. When LEWD dev wanted help, he had the game ftp for everyone. I even messed around with a little game called Scribble Space because a dev gave some keys out.

Hint. Hint.
>>
>>343147987
the guy gave out keys a few threads ago.
>>
>>343147191
REALLY really trying to avoid RNG. So far, none is really in.

>>343147285
They exist in that they are Steam inventory items, but that's it at the moment.

>>343147527
>I can tell you you game will need to be complicated enough to scare normies
I get where you're coming from, but this is pretty wrong. I don't want to cater to normies, but I don't want to scare them away either.

>>343147836
No, but we have a Discord chat and a forum.

https://discord.gg/0yOPTr4Ow5gMVpnb
http://wanderingcorgi.com/
>>
>>343147925
Are you extremely good at any TCGs currently?
Are you a known name in vidya or tcg?
Do you have industry contacts?
LSV is currently working on a card game, and people are interested because he's a known figure in a comparable game, what do you have currently to make it worth anyones time.
>>
File: 1448791517263.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448791517263.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
>>343147890
This desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEb4KT85wFg

Also the sound effects of the more mundane creatures really give them a nice personality. Especially since the balancing is off a bit it really gives you a personality to throw your hate towards with the broken cards.
>>
>>343147925
>Real talk
yo bro real talk bro it isn't too late to kill yourself bro
>>
>>343148189
>They exist in that they are Steam inventory items, but that's it at the moment.
It's clear he meant, what do the cards represent.
Why should people CARE about the contents of your game?
Are you telling a story with your cards? Are they known figures? Are they representative of an existing fanbase? What is the initial draw to make people go "oo, this appeals to me on a base level, lets see if the game is good"?
>>
>>343148189
> I get where you're coming from, but this is pretty wrong. I don't want to cater to normies, but I don't want to scare them away either.

Then your game will be boring just like hearthstone. At least you might make money though.
>>
>>343147987
I am the Scribble Space guy. Also, I've given 1000 people Forgotten Lore already.
>>
>>343143781
I'm one of the guys you gave the game too a few months ago.

Right now, the animations could be better, but I just think it needs more players. The concept is good enough that I could see it being a pretty well-sized steam based game.

Honestly, I think it could rival the player numbers of Warframe if it was out, well marketed, and had a lot more polish.
>>
>>343145752
I disagree about being dark. Magic the gathering on the 360 was earily dark and atmospheric and that is burned into my head for life. I think it can work.
>>
>>343148570
>Magic the gathering on the 360 was earily dark and atmospheric
MTG videogames are just segways to buying cards. They aren't meant to be played for long
>>
>>343143781
I never did manage to get a key for that game.

Do you have any left?
>>
>>343148558
just give 10 keys man, that's about how much people there is in this thread
>>
ABORT OP, ABORT
THE POORFAGS ARE HERE
>>
File: Card_P_SkeleBro.png (637 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_SkeleBro.png
637 KB, 629x500
>>343148418
The cards represent different characters and pieces of Lore, forgotten to the world. They are set pieces to a story. If you're into a story you have to uncover for yourself, as well as a pretty fun and experimental card game, you'll enjoy Forgotten Lore.

>>343148560
Yeah, animations could use some love and polish. It's pretty tough deciding to work on polish rather than new features, but that's gamedev for you. After working in the gamedev industry under some serious professionals the last 7ish months, I've learned that love and polish is what makes a game REALLY shine. And Forgotten Lore needs a lot of it.

>>343148485
Not really concerned about the monetary gain from it, anon. I'm just making it for funsies.

>>343147925
Make a game YOU want to play, anon. Don't care about what other people want. If you love it, it'll do fine.
>>
File: Card_P_AvehosaTheHealer.png (406 KB, 625x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_AvehosaTheHealer.png
406 KB, 625x500
>>343148901
My only response at this point can be "Just wait until it goes f2p on final release" if they can't afford the $10 early access toll. I've given enough out to start a small playerbase for my cheap server setup. I don't want to open the floodgates yet, before the game is even finished.
>>
>>343143952
Pls
>>
>>343144290
Consider suicide
>>
>tfw finally getting this after waiting so long
>>
File: Card_P_QueenSpider.png (790 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_QueenSpider.png
790 KB, 629x500
>>343150361
I'm honestly pretty surprised at how many people have bought it so far, and super surprised about that 100% positive rating on Steam. It really helps with exposure, so I won't complain.
>>
>>343150760
I like the art and the concept of it I hope it plays well too
>>
>>343148485
>hearthstone
>boring

over 100k people disagree with u. man, /v/ really suffer from hipsternism
>>
>>343151076
Things that are entry level are often the most populated.
>>
>>343147391
hey anon i would like to try out your game. one question though will players that live in asia get massive lag. as of now i play on Us west servers on 200-ish ping
and for other anons no im not some shit skin 3rd country faggot. im fucking foreign. i live in indonesia in the island of bali.
>>
>>343151457
It's a card game, I would think lag wouldn't really be that noticeable either way.
>>
>>343150760
Are you ever going to put in the "Soul Amount" per card for the second tome on the cards? I see that as a huge barrier to entry for new folks.
>>
>>343143781
I never got the game in my library, dickhead
>>
>>343147020
I knew I couldn't be the only one
>>
>>343143781
Get better fonts it looks really amateur like it is right now
>>
File: Card_P_SoulCard.png (734 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_SoulCard.png
734 KB, 629x500
>>343151671
Good question. On one hand I've really not wanted too, just to avoid hand holding. But on the other, it IS super confusing if you don't know what's going on. I'm thinking once a tutorial is in that can explain how the Tome works (it is half of the soul cost of the card you sacrifice), it'll make more sense.

Or maybe I should just cave and make it display a number when you drag the card over the tome, before sacrificing.
>>
>>343151596
well yeah but some amounts of lag i can handle but if it is literally to the point where its just stuttering i wont bother
>>
>>343151456
doesn't mean it's not fun.
>>
File: Card_P_Thili_The_Pyromancer.png (924 KB, 649x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_Thili_The_Pyromancer.png
924 KB, 649x500
>>343152017
It's a card game, anon. You won't notice any stuttering. The animations are all handled client side. All of the networking is just JSON strings being relayed between clients.
>>
i like card games, give me a key desu or atleast a link to buy
>>
File: Card_P_VenomousSnake.png (654 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_VenomousSnake.png
654 KB, 629x500
>>343152227
Steam page is here, http://store.steampowered.com/app/391240
>>
>>343152227
>>343152295
>Thread's dying time 2 shill
>>
>>343152295
give me a fuking key
>>
Hey bud. The market you're about to get into is over saturated. Consider either making a different game, or actually learning a programming language and doing something useful in the world with your tech savvy-ness

Because between hearthstone and magic, there isn't any room for a digital or physical card game.
>>
>>343151948
I don't consider it hand holding when it's a fundamental thing that should be known at a glance. If you look at magic, the costs aren't shortened/combined to confuse the player, they help keep things simple.
It would make sense to put the number somewhere on the card just to help the player make quick decisions and avoid unnecessary steps to make plays. Maybe put it right below the souls cost.
Just my two cents on it.
>>
File: Card_P_Turtle.png (822 KB, 629x500) Image search: [Google]
Card_P_Turtle.png
822 KB, 629x500
>>343152417
>or actually learning a programming language and doing something useful in the world with your tech savvy-ness
I work for a VR gamedev studio, you should check out that stuff. I'm making Forgotten Lore for funsies, I work on Cosmic Trip full time.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427240/

>>343152426
Yeah. You're probably right. I'll talk with one of my artists and see what they think about the placement of the number on the card.
>>
>all these children asking for keys for a fucking $10 game
Summer
>>
>>343152385
>Since I'm not interested nobody else is interested
>>
terrible font familia

gibe key
>>
File: 1466501471986.jpg (22 KB, 312x182) Image search: [Google]
1466501471986.jpg
22 KB, 312x182
Hey I have a shiny card. Will it be worth loadsa steambux when the game actually comes out?
Also have you considered keeping the current card pictures as "First Edition" versions and then when the art gets updated just introducing the new card art cards into the rotation as separate cards that do the same thing?
>>
File: shiny2.gif (4 MB, 896x305) Image search: [Google]
shiny2.gif
4 MB, 896x305
>>343154274
Actually working on Shiny cards right now, trying to give them a H O L O G R A P H I C feel but not really sure how to handle it in the shader. Digressing, though.

If the game takes off, they'll be worth a LOT. They only have a 1 in 10,000 chance of dropping, which is more rare than Pokemon shinys, iirc.
>>
>>343154494
So what you are saying is I'M RICH FILTHY STINKIN RICH AHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: shinyprices.png (93 KB, 672x656) Image search: [Google]
shinyprices.png
93 KB, 672x656
>>343154715
I mean, if the community market is anything to go by
>>
>>343154494
do you need any type of help OP?
>>
>>343154907
Always looking for artists, but outside of that not really. Once I start doing localisation (might be awhile, just because the game is so text heavy and descriptions are always changing) I could probably use translation help.
>>
>>343154997
where do I sign for translation?
>>
>>343155125
Shoot me an email at [email protected] - but too be honest it'll probably be awhile before I need translations done.
>>
>>343143781
The art on the cards looks good. The 3d modelling needs work, I fink.
>>
>>343143781
Victory Screech
>>
>>343155174
it's fine, I can wait famalam
just want to be part of it
>>
>>343154494
So how deep do you plan to go with the lore on some stuff?
>>
>>343155798
Pretty deep, it's going to be a large part of the game. At least, that's the dream.
>>
>>343143781
visuals need work badly

font needs to go too
>>
>>343156075
alright, just bought your game, best wishes
>>
>>343156526
Shilling successful
>>
oh boy another shitty card game copying heartstone
>>
>>343157119
It's another "I've never played either game" episode
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.