[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I got a 3DS. I'm having fun playing Zelda OOT and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Nintendo-3D.jpg (44 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3D.jpg
44 KB, 700x560
Hey /v/, I got a 3DS. I'm having fun playing Zelda OOT and Shovel Knight, but what else should I get? I generally like RPG's and comfy games. I played Bravely Second and hated it (I generally like turn-based RPG's but this felt so devoid of life). What are some quality games for 3DS?
>>
Etrian Odyssey 4 is $10 on the eshop. Get it. It's the best way to enter into the series. http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan-3ds
>>
>>343141446
SMT IV and soon SMT IV apocalypse
>>
>>343143660
>>343143726
Are these different than Bravely Default/Second? I thought I would like the Bravely series but surprisingly did not because it felt stale and uninspired. The battle system didn't feel rewarding but just bland. I've been a big fan of the FF series so I was surprised I didn't like them.
>>
File: ATTACK_SCREEN.jpg (55 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
ATTACK_SCREEN.jpg
55 KB, 400x240
>>343143660
I was gonna say this.
Also Majora's Mask 3D, definitely.

And to recommend something nobody's going to mention, Attack of the Friday Monsters! is super-fucking comfy and short, and of extra interest if you like kaiju.
>>
Aeterno Blade is on sale for $5 on the Eshop until 6/30. Try out the demo and see if it's your style.
>>
>didn't like Bravely

It's fine, OP. That just means you actually have some standards.

Bravely is hot garbage for turbo weebs only.

And I like a good turn-based jrpg myself.

Get Devil Survivor 1-2.
>>
>>343145874

>It's fine, OP. That just means you actually have some standards.

>Bravely is hot garbage for turbo weebs only.

I'm not a weeb, I just thought the battle system was shitty and felt way too robotic.
>>
File: 1466733793365.gif (2 MB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
1466733793365.gif
2 MB, 225x315
>>343141446

Here's my picks from my own library:

Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Stella Glow
Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates
Xenoblade Chronicles
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Tales of the Abyss
Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
Professor Layton
Any of the Zelda ports
Theatrrythm Final Fantasy/Curtain Call
Bravely Default/Second (I know you said you didn't like them, but here they are)
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
>>
>>343147227

Also, Project X Zone and X Zone 2, and any of the Ace Attorney games, I forgot to count my digitals.
>>
>>343143984
SMTIV is traditional turn-based like Bravely, but isn't a soulless nostalgia cash-in.

Etrian Odyssey is a completely different style of game, a dungeon crawler, with emphasis on team customization. It is very different than Bravely games.

And don't bother with Stella Glow. It's the stategy rpg equivalent of Bravely.
>>
File: 1466559090269.jpg (3 MB, 1497x5600) Image search: [Google]
1466559090269.jpg
3 MB, 1497x5600
>>343141446
I got you senpai
>>
Kid Icarus Uprising is a must.
>>
>>343141446
Rune Factory 4 is as comfy as you can get
>>
>>343149708
That worth getting or should I wait until a sale?
>>
>>343150107
I bought it on release day and had no regrets. It's a shame the price hasn't gone down at all since then
>>
>No Monster Hunter games recommended on the Monster Hunter machine
C'mon
>>
>>343152293
This, they're all you need.

Except MHX/MHGenerations, that one can eat a bag of dicks. Worst MH I've ever played, and I started with PS2 MH.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.