[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of the old call of duty games worth getting ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: header (2).jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (2).jpg
30 KB, 460x215
Are any of the old call of duty games worth getting ?
>>
>>343125948
>mw2
>old
>>
MW2 was goat but only because of the multiplayer which is dead now
>>
mw2 was the best one
hope they remaster that next
>>
Just got WaW, pretty good so far
>>
CoD 1-3, all MW's and World at War all have very enjoyable campaigns if you're in the mood to play a summer blockbuster. CoD 2 will always be my favorite. I haven't played any since Black Ops 2, because it was terrible.
>>
>>343126250
>mw2

>not cancer

mw or bust
>>
>>343125948

mw2 was pretty fun on the 360, PC probably full of curries.
>>
>>343126490
fuck off
>>
File: Comando vs AA-12.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Comando vs AA-12.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>343126250
It's actually not dead.

~3500 players a day on Steam. The in game player count is broken.
>>
>>343126887
>guy sitting around a corner wuth a red dot aa12
I expected nothing less from mw2
>>
>>343125948
get waw or an older one.
>>
>>343127128
go play cs or something you're discussing video games not sports
>>
>>343126086

>released in 2009
>not old
>>
>>343127436
We're
>>
>>343127436
>video games
>sports
Pick one
>>
>>343125948
No, it was more of a back in the day thing, and they all have aged like milk.

COD4 was something new in a line of WWII shooters and not quite as good modern tittles.
You either shoot up nazis, or aliens, now you could shoot terorrists too. The only other games where you could shoot up terrorists where STEALTH games, or Tacticool games like SOCOM.

Not to mention MW tried to be very accurate with the portrayal of military hardware, emphasis on tried.

The problem with MW is that is not that fun, there is a couple of good missions in there but replaying it now, it is is a lackluster experience. The last flashback level is not fun to play at all, and most SAS missions are boring. The best missions are either Amurikan, or the final Joint Ops missions. Mile High Club is not fun either, it is just a time trial, and the first Chernobyl level is just scripted.

MW2 is just bad, I mean the level design is better, spec ops was fun, but the multiplayer was retarded, and the moment that would ruin Call of duty forever. Sure it was fun, but it was objectively a mess, reason as to why it is fun, it was an AAA release that was as buggy as any bethesda game. Hackers had a field day with it, and the game was incredibly stupid. Now it would seem like an unpolished game with a better campaign, but with a much more idiotic plot.

The following games pick from MW2 idiocy and are games meant for kids with ADD. They are hardly fun or memorable, MW3 is just a let down.

If you have to pick one go for either World at War, or Black Ops I.
>>
>>343127651
shut up grandpa.
>>
>>343127436
>game consists of 360 quick scoping memers, aa12 spray n prays, gernade launcher artillery and that one really high guy that no one knows where he is
Ahh mw2
>>
Pretty much all of them up to and including World at War are worth playing. The rest can be skipped.
>>
File: JDXDK9L.jpg (84 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
JDXDK9L.jpg
84 KB, 540x540
>>343127651
you sound like a cynical try hard. mw2 was great! probably one of the best online fps game of all time
>>
File: 1352528160024 (1).png (49 KB, 641x593) Image search: [Google]
1352528160024 (1).png
49 KB, 641x593
>You will never hunt boosters in mw2 again
>You will never hear the music of high pitched rage again
>>
>>343130058

I hope you waited until their 24th kill before popping the nuke boosters. God it was so satisfying.
>>
>>343130235
Sometimes. But it was more fun for me following them from game to game.
>>
>>343129778
Maybe if it was your first 'mature' game your parents bought you
>>
>>343125948
Playing mw3 right now. If you're on pc expect at least one guy using and aimbot or a wallhack and that's really not an overexaggeration. Seriously wish steam could clean the game up because it so fun
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.