[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this hailed as one of the best FPS of all time? The boating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67 KB, 300x428
Why is this hailed as one of the best FPS of all time? The boating sections were TORTURE. They literally made me feel nauseous while playing.
>>
>>343118867
Who says it is?
>>
>>343118867
kys millennial loser
>>
>>343118867
The boat sections were okay, the driving is what i always hated.
>>
>>343118867
It was a good game when it came out. Aged like milk though
>>
File: 1442003973531.jpg (225 KB, 305x437) Image search: [Google]
1442003973531.jpg
225 KB, 305x437
That's not the best FPS of all time.
This is.
>>
Let's be honest though, the Half life games were always repetitive.
>>
>>343119575
I finished the whole game yesterday for the first time. It's pretty mediocre.

The only thing good about it is the controls.
>>
>>343118867
Reddit.

Usually younger people scream "HALF LIFE 2 IS HIGHLY RATED! WHERE IS HALF LIFE 3 IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!111"

but that's because they think physics gimmicks, seesaw puzzles and fancy lip sync are what constitutes a good game.

anyone who isn't an eejit will tell you half life 1 is better.

half life 2 isn't as great

especially since it has two lengthy driving sections which both suck ass, the entire final part of the game is cinematic shit and you can't skip cutscenes without abusing various glitches which makes replaying tedious
>>
>>343119575
Half-Life had a better story. A story that seemed real. A story that unfolded as if you were there learning pieces as you went along. I feel HL2 was mainly a tech demo.

The story was okay but very linear, predictable and I disliked most of the characters. I felt Alyx Vance was forced and she didn't really add anything of value except saying Gordon 100 times.
>>
>>343118867
Because you keep making threads to complain about it, faggot.
>>
File: keep practicing.gif (60 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
keep practicing.gif
60 KB, 256x256
>>343118867
>being such a lightweight you get motion sickness from a fucking hoverboat segment
stick to pokemon kiddo
>>
>>343118867
People too young for Half-Life, which was more enjoyable to play. Half-Life 2 is notable for its working on a wide variety of hardware and using havok. The game itself was a real drag of a tech demo.
>>
Half Life 2 seems really tacked on and retcons too many things. It tries to make a big magnificent story out of the barebones that Half Life 1 had.

Apparently Dr Breen was the administrator at Black Mesa?
Apparently the black scientist who opens the door for you after the resonance cascade is Eli and he has a half chink half black daughter called Alyx
Apparently there's a Dr Magnussen too for some reason
>>
>>343120069
>Half life had a better story
Better than what?

>wow we fucked up there's aliens now
>get in the fucking alien realm gordon
>oh yeah it was gman all along
wooooooooooow
>>
>>343118867
what is it with pc gaymers getting nauseous from fucking everything?
youre such fucking nerds holy shit
>>
>>343120495
I think what he means is that there isn't much of the story, it just keeps things simple so that the player experiences the story better.

Whereas 2 adds a lot of contrived nonsense and random gobbledygook.
>>
ITT: Contrarian assholes
>>
>>343120657
no it doesnt

Literally get in the car kill the combine the game

The only out of place thing was when you had a squad
>>
>>343120676
do you really think half life 2's driving sections were good? they were boring and shit.

episode 1 and 2 did them a lot better
ep1 had the fun rollercoaster where alyx screams
ep2 had a driving sequence similar to half life 2, but it was improved greatly by having alyx and a gnome in the car with you
>>
File: 1392214455854.jpg (57 KB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
1392214455854.jpg
57 KB, 630x480
I actually like the driving parts. They pace the game well. The parts I didn't like were Ravenholm and the final attack in the city. They didn't age well, and seem more like a cheesy tech demo today. The best part of the game is the first 2 hours.

Also, both episodes are way better than 2. They actually refined the gameplay and made it seem more like 1, even if it does still have a ton of retarded moments left over.
>>
The level of professional polish is really good. I don't mean lack of bugs or anything, but rather the overall story and design. The insurgent 'earth rebels vs oppressive alien conquerers' angle, the well-designed aliens, all of it reeks of input from highly intelligent writers and designers.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.