[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since we're pretty much all getting the new zelda, we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Since we're pretty much all getting the new zelda, we're going to have to get a nx. (unless you're gay and have a wiiu)
Where is your bar for the nx? Mine is actually pretty low. I'm sorta an xbox fanboy so all I ask for is a decent, normal controller.
>>
Just get a used wii u, hack it and get that shit for free if you care that much.
>>
Considering how sparse Wii U has been for retail this year, my hopes for a decent launch are much higher.

Miyamoto did go on record saying Pikmin 4 for Wii U was nearly complete last September or so, leading me to believe they ported it or moved the project to NX.

Seriously though, this is the Wii U retail line up for first party this year:

>Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD (February 2016)
>Pokken Tournament (March 2016)
>Star Fox Zero / Star Fox Guard (April 2016)
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE (June 2016)
>Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics 2016 (June 2016)
>Paper Mario Color Splash (October 2016)

6 First party titles throughout the whole year with 1 being an HD remaster and another being Star Fox / Star Fox 64 story being retold for the third time isn't too exciting.

This along with no big 3rd party support outside of Bamco with Lost Reavers has me hoping that the 3rd party developers catch on with NX.

It's their chance to snag MH5 exclusivity so they can at least have a good start in Japan.
>>
>>343112104
>(unless you're gay and have a wiiu)

If you buy an NX on launch given how the WiiU turned out, you're even more pathetic.
>>
>>343112104
If its less than £200, I'm game. Anything more and I might wait for the token Nintendo price cut that's happened with the WiiU and 3DS
>>
File: smugdragon.jpg (214 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
smugdragon.jpg
214 KB, 600x620
>>343112104

yfw Nintendo orchestrated the black controller leak in response to the white controller leak to contain and shutdown said leak only to rereveal it in a controlled setting where they can better convince people its worth using.
>>
File: 1466188961295.gif (3 MB, 390x215) Image search: [Google]
1466188961295.gif
3 MB, 390x215
>Xbot calling others gay
>>
>>343112104
>(unless you emulate a wiiu)
Fixed.
>>
>>343113536
Wait what?
>>
I'll get an NX if Nintendo releases a proper Metroid for it.
>>
>>343113934
I'm sure you will, cuck
>>
>>343113997

>cuck

What is with you faggots and this word?
>>
>>343112104
The WiiU gamepad is actually really comfortable and overall good.
The real problem with it isn't the gimmicky look, it's the fact the battery is absolute shit and took budget from the console project since that thing probably costs like the WiiU itself.
>>
>>343114205
>a word buttblast me
>>
>dad actually used to work for nintendo
>tells me about the NX
>it has no controller
>the console projects 3d gameplay into the room
>sort of like a hologram
>game is played by touching the 3d projection
>he gets fired for telling me
>nobody believes me
>>
>>343113624
What video is this from?
>>
>>343113901
He doesn't know the hoax was 3D printed and the guy who did it admitted it was him and showed how he did it.
>>
File: 1411180642312.png (63 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1411180642312.png
63 KB, 200x198
If it's true that it's sort of a hybrid between console and handheld, then I would buy it day one under the assumption that I could finally play Nintendo's handheld library (which is good) on a TV. If that's not the case, or games will still be released on the 3DS exclusively, then I won't bother until it's cheap. Nintendo has given me no reason to be confident in their home consoles to warrant buying a new console day one, even for Zelda, because it could be the only game worth owning for a good amount of time.
>>
>>343112104
Medium-low.

I mean, Nintendo's pretty much all I enjoy, as far as gaming goes. And I want to at least enjoy Smash and Kart with friends.

...ideally. But if we get another half-assed, overly complex shitjob like MK8 and another "My Sakurai Special Gameplay Concept" fuckup out of Smash5 like Brawl and 4, then I'll just pass on the damned thing.

If it's a single, phone-slim profile unit that isn't a phone and VC's from Gamecube back, yeah, I'll probably snag it. But I've been saving up points to get it Used from Gamestop.
>>
>>343114245
I would defend it and just say to just plug it into an outlet and stop being a bitch
but
not everybody has an outlet free, where they're going to be playing games and I've had 3 gamepad chargers break so far and you can't buy official ones, outside of America's refurbished store, so I had to keep buying shitty ones and I'm hoping the one I currently have lasts a year and a half until NX is out

also unrelated, people are crazy if they believe NX's controller won't have a screen
>>
I'm going to buy both versions, but not an NX. I'll wait for a limited edition NX like the Wind Waker Wii U, and play the Wii U version of BotW while I wait. Then play the NX version once an LE NX comes out.
>>
It just needs to be not too expensive, not have worse performance than a WiiU, not have a too retarded gimmick (>implying it won't have a gimmick at all), or have a good lineup alongside Zelda.
>>
I think the early NX predictions will turn out to be true. It will be a console/handheld hybrid.

The 3DS came out in 2011 and not once have you heard Nintendo mention a successor to it.
>>
>It will be a handheld/console hybrid
You mean like the Wii U?
>>
File: your importance.png (360 KB, 551x412) Image search: [Google]
your importance.png
360 KB, 551x412
>>343112104
Bar? You mean what will make me buy or not buy it?

>NOT buy
-Has a gimmick
-Is weak/middlegen hardware
-Nonstandard controller
-paid online

>WILL buy
-confirmed 3rd party support that wont just go away like with the WiiU
-A real controller
-Has actual non casualized Nintendo games (damage control incoming for this one, they've been getting more dumbed down over the years since gamecube so piss off)
-A new Metroid, F-zero, or Kid Icarus title that are actually confirmably good
-Is strong enough for multiplats that are decent, whether you like it or not this is important. I don't give a fuck about COD's and Ass creeds, but I would like to get the latest resident evils, castlevania or w/e classic series gets pushed out. If it skips Nintendo because the hardware/storage format cant handle it I'm skipping them as a consumer.

>Put me on the fence
-More forced DLC paywalls in first party titles. Full expansions are fine, microtransaction shit is NOT no matter what damage control you drones come up with.
-More forced amiibo trash
-More fucking spinoffs THAT LITERALLY NO ONE EVER ASKED FOR in series that HAVENT HAD A DECENT GAME IN GOD DAMN YEARS.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.