[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever see an end to the 'Every Sonic game is bad'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Sonic'16.jpg (64 KB, 566x617) Image search: [Google]
Sonic'16.jpg
64 KB, 566x617
Will we ever see an end to the 'Every Sonic game is bad' meme?
>>
Not as long as memers are still breathing.
>>
>>343106738
haha
>>
As soon as they make a good mainline Sonic game.

Unfortunately that's pretty difficult to do, given that the platformer genre is fundamentally trash.

>make guy go here
>now make guy go here
>repeat across a few dozen stages
>you win!

...ok
>>
>>343106738
When they stop being bad
>>
>>343107327
Now when you put it like that, all game genres are fundamentally trash.
>>
What about sonic colours?
>>
>>343106738
Well, the truth hurt, doesn't it?
>>
>>343107327
There is literally no game in existence that does not follow this formula
>>
>>343106738
No.
>>
>>343107327
>>343107761
>>343107419
Wew lad, how's that CoD going?
>>
yes, when they redo sonic 4 properly and stop making shite.

last good game was 3nk, adventure 2 was a half decent attempt at 3d, but an attempt none the less.
>>
>>343108009
I hate Call of Duty.
>>
>>343107327
MIND = BLOWN
>>
>>343108009
I prefer salmon
>>
File: #tmnt201.jpg (51 KB, 728x461) Image search: [Google]
#tmnt201.jpg
51 KB, 728x461
SHREDDAAAAHH!!!
>>
Probably not

I know Lost World was divisive but at worst that game was just okay, yet people still treated it like it may as well have been sonic 06 2.0

Nevermind Sonic Boom. That game was terrible for sure but it was made by some literally whos as a tie-in for a cartoon. Not that that matters apparently it's clearly a sign of sonic being as terrible as it always has been.

Frankly 06 was so bad that I think it killed most goodwill for the series for anyone alive when it was first released. I know this is gonna sound like a persecution complex but I genuinely think a lot of people just hate sonic because they're told it's terrible and don't think for themselves about whether it's good or bad these days.
>>
not as long as there are sonic games
>>
>>343108129

>yet people still treated it like it may as well have been sonic 06 2.0

While it's not as bad as 06, people were mad because for years Sonic Team just kept cluelessly throwing shit at the wall every new game hoping something stuck. You can see the fruits of their attempts by how fractured the fanbase for Sonic is. Unleashed onwards showed an attempt at them sticking to a unique formula and building on it, and these games were generally liked compared to the ones before it. Then Lost World comes along and Sonic Team's back to old habits, cluelessly throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks. It's no surprise people were upset.

>but it was made by some literally whos as a tie-in for a cartoon

Yeah, it's a no-effort cartoon tie-in made by a third party purely to fulfill a contract on a dead console, but it still reflects poorly on SEGA attaching their flagship franchise to such a wreck of a game. It's a one-two punch after Lost World.
>>
The only truly TERRIBLE Sonic games are 06 and Boom.

The rest range from mediocre (3D, 4) to good (Unleashed, Colors) to excellent (3&K, Generalizations).
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.