[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is rumble in a controller a gimmick? I mean Nintendo did start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Is rumble in a controller a gimmick? I mean Nintendo did start it and their the king of gimmicks.
>>
A scroll wheel on a mouse is a gimmick but it's still useful senpai
>>
Gimmicks arent inherently bad things. If it works, it can become the standard.
>>
File: donutsteal.jpg (260 KB, 810x1530) Image search: [Google]
donutsteal.jpg
260 KB, 810x1530
>>343105102
>>
>>343105102
Just like d-pad right?
>>
Interesting note: Rare originally wanted to have players reload in Goldeneye by taking out the Rumble Pak and putting it back in, but this idea was ruled out by Nintendo because it would wear down the contacts on the Pak too quickly.
>>
>>343105102
Of course its a fucking gimmick, that doesn't stop it being a good idea. The issue is that Nintendo innovate for the sake of innovating. Its no wonder that eventually they hit on good ideas that the industry refines. But for every rumble pack there is a virtual boy.
>>
It can be kind of useful for feedback. If hits land or something like that. When stupid when it's just supposed to be used for immersion or something, like when the room is shaking in game and the controller just starts buzzing away.
>>
>>343105349
>ipad was the first tablet

go fuck yourself retard
>>
>>343105102
>Nintendo did start it

It was in PC joysticks years before it was on any console controller.

Kill yourself.

>their the king
Kill yourself.
>>
>>343106212
And yet it was never industry standard until after Nintendo.
>>
>>343106789

Nintendo Fan Thread Posting 101:
1) Nintendo Invented Everything
2) It's OK When Nintendo Does It
<3) Always Move The Goalposts>
>>
>>343107703
Thing is I remember those early joysticks. They didn't work properly because the software wasn't optimised for them. They literally murdered at random points and they were fucking overpriced. I'm sorry, but Nintendo had the very sensible idea to bundle their peripheral with a piece of software designed to utilise it fully. They may not have made it first, but they made it work.
>>
>>343107970
>They may not have made it first
Thank you for admitting your error.

Protip: Just don't say Nintendo did something first when they didn't. It saves us all time and prevents you from exposing your ignorance.
>>
>>343108231
The thing is, in terms of a true force feedback device, they did do it first. Those joysticks you mentioned didn't receive any feedback from the game in order to rumble, theft were random as fuck. The rumble pack was designed to get data from the games. So, yeah if ypou want to be technical a few PC joysticks had random vibrators in them, but Nintendo created the first force feedback device, which later became industry standard. Does that satisfy your autism?
>>
>>343105349
Spock: FUCK SONY
>>
>>343105349
in defence of sony they only made the playstation because they were contracted by nintendo to make a rival to the megaCD and then nintendo cancelled it half way through development. so they carried on and made the playstation as nindendo moved to the N64.
kind of why the PS1 shared so much similarities to the snes.
>>
>>343109727
The biggest joke here is Nintendo felt threatened by the MegaCD.
>>
>>343108589
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>343110375
Sony is Uhura's first name.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.