[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions from a new indie dev Is Undertale tier level of pixel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
Questions from a new indie dev

Is Undertale tier level of pixel art acceptable?
Is it just more important for your RPG that it doesn't look all block and generic like everything made in RPGmaker?
Anybody got suggestions/common pitfalls I can avoid in making my RPG?
>>
>>343104450
>Be a 10/10
>Get a tattoo.
Why are tattoos acceptable? They're literally blemishes on your body. Is there anything society can do to discourage tattoos at this point? Or is every hot girl destine to self-flaw herself?
>>
>>343104989
Personally. Depends on the tattoo. Large ones like that are unattractive. Small ones like on the ankle are perfectly fine for me.
>>
>>343104989
Get with the times, old man.

>>343104450
A properly used art style can make your game visually iconic. Darkest Dungeon is a good example. It's surprisingly simple, but it is highly stylized.
>>
>>343104450
>>343104989
Oh, forgot to answer your question: Always choose style over refinement. no one is going to be attracted to your highly refined game, if the designs are bland as fuck. That's why the blocky style works. Because if you finesse it the right way, then you can make the unrefined grittiness almost appear cohesive.

>>343105131
Small ones on the ankle are actually worse. Because at least the big ones benefit from being well articulated on your body. The composition is appreciable at least. While the small ones just look like a random scribble.
>>
>>343104989
It's an attempt at trying to be unique but what most people getting tattoos for notoriety don't seem to realize is that
a) no one gives a shit if they have a tattoo
b) thousands of other people have them too
>>
>>343105239
>Get with the times, old man.
No on on /v/ is old enough to have grown up during a time where tattoos were taboo. I'm saying, as someone within the generation of tattoo normalcy, that tattoos are ugly.
>>
>>343105131
>actually liking ankle tramp stamps

Were you raised by a slut?
>>
>>343105541
Get with the times, young man.
>>
>>343105239
Stop trying to turn tattoos into a generational thing.
You know your generation didn't invent tattoos, right?
You have to be 18+ to use this site.
>>
>>343105758
That's better.

No. I will not. Being against tattoos in the past was a moral argument. Being against tattoos now, is an aesthetic one. Tattoos are unaesthetic. If you like them, then you likely have shit tastes.
>>
>>343105683
>ankle tramp stamp
Either children have gotten even more petty and stupid or you just made that up on the spot.
>>
>>343104450
Is that a reflex sight on a colt?
Where the /k/ommandos at?
>>
>>343106003
The girl just wanted to have flowers on her back. Stop being so autistic and let people do with their vessels what they want. Her world is clearly different than yours and there is no absolute taste that would allow you to say that she's in the wrong.
>>
shit art (minimalistic) is only acceptable if your game is targeted to autists: undertale, minecraft, minimetro, factorio, terraria
>>
>>343104450
Undertale was just emulating Earthbound anyway.
>>
>>343106427
How is my disliking her flowers disallowing her to get flowers?
Just because she wants flowers, doesn't mean I have to like them. She could have had been spectacular, but she ruined it with the tattoo.
>>
>>343104450
>>343104450
Short answer no

Long answer: undertale looked like a steaming pile of shit

if you dont wanna go into common pitfalls make sure of these:

gameplay doesnt resort to "hit something at the right time"

make combat have a lot of depth to it, with conditions, statuses, area related bonuses/debuffs, character origin related advantages, etc

dont make text annoying to read, it needs to be both on an appealing font and without annoying sound cues whenever letter appears

if youre just gonna make another jrpg then i would rather play some final fantasy or fire emblem whatever, so make sure gameplay is good, it doesnt always need to be turn based

dynamic battle scenes are pretty good too
>>
>>343106003
Fine by me. I like tattoos, and you don't. Variety is the spice of life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.