[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a classic TF2 thread? Word has it the next update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 28l5i4p[1].png (818 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
28l5i4p[1].png
818 KB, 1600x1200
Can we have a classic TF2 thread?

Word has it the next update is coming out tonight or tomorrow.

I remember the old days of people getting hyped for TF2 updates, so let's just have a chill discussion about the game and get excited for whatever new maps or matchmaking or whatever we'll be seeing soon.
>>
>>343103056

I used to rent then own HL1 and HL2 mod servers since 1999. TF2 wasn't ever my favorite but it was pretty good. Then it went F2P and we got a huge influx of literal kiddos and foreigners. Then they added the marketplace and item drops and I pulled the plug.

I miss the old days.
>>
Matchmaking might salvage the game. Maybe it will finally be possible to play a fucking enjoyable CTF game.
>>
>>343103056
>I remember the old days of people getting hyped for TF2 updates

Same. I remember that ending when the updates started making the game worse instead of better.
>>
I stopped playing TF2 in 2010.

How bad did it get since then?
>>
What is the 4chan collective's opinion on TF2?
>>
>>343104026
It's great and still is a lot of fun to pubstomp in.
>>
>>343104026
a good game that's gotten kind of bogged down by f2p and hats, but at the end of the day is kind of an impenetrable force in gaming that will never be stopped
>>
I think the only time I've ever had fun with TF2 is on the Mario Kart map, and the one where you travel in an airship trying to capture points.
>>
>>343104026
It's a good game that has been extremely hampered by hats and f2p.

Also shit like killstreaks personally annoy me.
>>
Is it acceptable for me to do nothing but play this if I have no money to buy other stuff to play?
>>
>>343104305
Balloon Race is the map! I miss it so much; you can never find populated servers running it anymore. Sometime when I have not shit internet and disposable income I'm probably gonna create a 24/7 balloon race map and leave it running forever on the hope that people join it.
>>
File: fury.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fury.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>343104220
>impenetrable force
>>
>>343104026
Still a good game after all these years. Overwatch be damned.

I still play it and only play overwatch with friends
>>
>>343103056
Tf2 hasn't had a good update in fucking ages, i'm not getting my hopes up again after end of the line.
>>
>>343104692
unstoppable object detected
>>
>>343104305
Oh shit I forgot about the airship map

Almost made me re install but then I remembered people stopped playing the game years ago; they sit and chat/trade or fuck around the map instead of doing the objectives

RIP bacon legs
>>
>>343105080
you can still do bacon legs and the civilian pose as scout
Equip the mad milk, die while holding it, then respawn, throw the milk while holding down the mouse, then walk over to the milk you dropped when you died, and hit H to pick it up.
>>
>>343104558
All you really need is the disposable income; a lot of servers are rented from hosting companies that specifically provide game servers. They can work really well, and some provide admin tools to make that stuff easier if you're not too saavy. Just find a service with reputable uptime and customer support
>>
File: casualties.jpg (29 KB, 288x351) Image search: [Google]
casualties.jpg
29 KB, 288x351
>>343104305
>>343104558
>Tfw running Scorch Shot on Balloon Race and the hit detection sound when lighting the entire fucking enemy team on fire with one flare
>Tfw proceeding to push them off the balloon one by one after that
>>
>>343105282
That's amazing. They seriously went out of their way around 2011 to remove bacon legs, and then it was reintroduced in another bug?
>>
>>343105915
i swear like 1/4 of my entire time playing tf2 was just that map
>>343105864
oh yeah? maybe i'll do it sometime when i can justify spending money on a server. thanks for the info.
>>
>>343104558
>>343105080
>>343105915
>>343106609

If everyone loved that map so much, then why hasn't anyone designed a videogame around that idea?
I mean the closest we have is Guns of Icarus, but that's airship vs airship.

Why couldn't we have a map where it's a boat or a raft and we could release crocodiles and throw pihranas and stuff?

I like the idea of defending a base from an invading fortress.
Have a map that's like a Laputa fort with golems and lasers that flies around and people invade with blimps and dragons and shit.
>>
>>343104305
I always have fun with prophunt despite the cancer
>>
>>343104548
Just save like 30 cents to get premium
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.