[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love Skyrim, yet you guys shit on it a lot and say Oblivion/Morrowind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
I love Skyrim, yet you guys shit on it a lot and say Oblivion/Morrowind is better. I'm looking into picking up those two games in the summer sale and wanted to know why exactly those games are better than Skyrim
>>
Nostalgia-fags
>>
Better is arguable. Those two games are RPGs while Skyrim is an action game with some barebones RPG elements. Different audiences.
>>
they're not
TES as a whole is a pile of shit
>>
>>343099719
TODD POSTERS GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
A deeper and more complex magic and combat system. Better story. Also Patrick Stewart
>>
they were only good when they came out
>>
>>343100081
You got a problem with me anon?
>>
>>343100008
If walls of text and missing for no reason is a true RPG, then I'm glad they're dying out.
>>
>>343100165
>more complex combat
This is empirically false.
>>
>>343100297
>>
>>343100165
It's exactly the same as Skyrim's, but it feels worse
>>
>>343100371
>Niches I don't belong to should die
Child.
>>
>>343099719
Oblivion has better quests. Bethesda didn't have the radiant quest system to use as a crutch, so they actually had to make quests with stories and goals other than "go to a random dungeon and retrieve a random item".

I can't speak on Morrowind. I think it's overrated.
>>
If you enjoyed the RPG mechanics of skrim skram then you will love Oblivion and Morrowind. Shit combat has always been a problem with the elder scrolls. If you can look past the outdated graphics and outright deplorable combat you'll find a world full of tiny details and interesting places to explore
T. Todd Howard
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.