[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Try to convince a full pleb casual at fighting games as to why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: sfx.jpg (30 KB, 580x301) Image search: [Google]
sfx.jpg
30 KB, 580x301
Try to convince a full pleb casual at fighting games as to why I should get this game or not.
>>
I doubt there's more than 20 people still playing this game in the United States.
>>
>>343091682
Don't. There are other, similar games that are like 3 times more fun regardless of whether you're casual or not. Also it's dead and has pay2win in the form of gems.
>>
Only get it if you have 2-3 friends. The tag mechanics are where this game really shines.
>>
>>343091682
Don't. It's pretty shit compared to regular SF or Tekken entries
>>
>>343091886
I have a few DBZ fighing games but the /fgg/ community don't consider them fighting games and I have SCIII and SCV but I was always at the bottom of bottom player. Like SCV I had a 17% win/lose ratio but I stopped playing completely. So I have no idea how hard it is to get into "real fighting games" when I lack muscle memory.
>>
Games dead
Crapcom still wants you to buy DLC
Shit was broken, not sure if Steam ever got the 2013 patch which fixed a bit of it but still had its problems.
It ran off GFWL but unlike SSF4/USF4 which people actually played it never transitioned to Steamworks, so multiplayer is actually gone.

If the PC/Steam Vers was updated to Ver.2013, pirate it. Pirate it with all the DLC and get some friends over to play it.

It was a good idea that fell flat on its face because people didnt want to spend half of the games retail price for characters that were already on the disk, including CONSOLE SPECIFIC CHARACTERS, and that people were still playing SSF4AE at the time and didnt want to swap to a game that focused on DLC, Gems and trying to cover up the 30 or so infintes characters had before Ver.2013.

But hey, at least it lived on by Crapcom literally taking assets from the game, shoving them into SSF4AE and calling it Ultra Street Fighter 4. Something that modders did honestly about a year after the game came out on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9nNd1UHbI8
>>
>>343091821
>>343092835
I saw the game on PS store but I thought I would ask /v/ before doing anything instead of wasting my money.
>>
>>343092380
Regardless of what everyone says, and I'm 100% gonna get flak for this, but Smash and Smash-inspired games can still be execution-intensive, especially Melee. It's just more in the "you have to do a lot of things really fast" department and less in the "hope you have good muscle memory" one, if that's not your thing.

If you want a solid game in that style that doesn't require you to go out and buy a console, but is decently challenging, look at Rivals of Aether on Steam. If you want something a little more laid back that more people play, then go with Smash 4 if you have a Wii U. Smash 4's also fun as fuck casually so if you have friends that don't play fighters it's easy as fuck to pick up and play.

If you like the DBZ-style stuff you should give Pokken a try. I'd say Virtual On or Gundam Vs. but lord knows very people play those, even if they're more fun.
>>
>>343093718
I don't money to buy a Wii U and I was never interested in Smash.
>>
Get SFV instead. Major update coming this friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRBEWQsd4LI
>>
>>343093901
If you want something with a similar flow to SFxT that's actually good, try KoF13. If you want a game like that that's actually popular right now (without teams of dudes) then I'd say SF5.

If you want DBZ-style then you're kinda fucked desu because Pokken's the only popular thing in that vein.
>>
>>343091682
>Try to convince a full pleb casual at fighting games as to why I should get this game or not

>shitty game
>shitty overcomplicated gem system full of microtransactions
>all expensive DLC characters are on the disc
> play online you might just end up getting wrecked by 2 people at the same time, hitting you from both sides because it is tag only and 2 players can be on the screen at the same time.
>there is no way to filter the tag system to 1v1 online.
>>
>>343094864
>KoF13
Don't do this unless you enjoy the company of shitskins
>>
Does anyone still play Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R?
>>
>>343098067
No, revelator is mad hype so everyone switched over
>>
>>343091682
It's a dead game and by the time Capcom patched it to not be so bad it was already dead.
>>
>>343098067
Yes, actually, it has a scene still since Xrd is so different.
>>
>>343098067
Yes.
>>
>SFxT
anyone who would recommend this to anyone is a sadist
>>
>>343091682
Wait for Tekken 7, there ya go
>>
>>343091682
>SFxT
>Pros
Huge Roster
Easy to play
Color edit mode
>Cons
$20 DLC if you want the full roster, goy!
No depth for advanced players
Nobody plays it
Gem system sucks, and includes even more DLC
Seriously, just buy USFIV if you're a casual.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.