[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hope you made the right choice. Witcher 3 thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
I hope you made the right choice.

Witcher 3 thread.
>>
Lmao I skipped that shit on all my playthroughs fuck all that political nonsense.
>>
It's frustrating how gently walking Dijkstra home completely removes this entire questline with zero closure.
>>
>>343089628
>lmao
Fuck off
>>
>>343089229
The choices in this game piss me off. You have absolutely no way of knowing what consequences your actions will have and it's always two or three words that make a dramatic fucking thing happen.
>>
>>343091423
Thats the fun part.
>>
>>343091423
Pretty much like in life. It would be completely stupid to know in advance what would happen.
>>
>>343091423
That's the whole fucking point you simple cunt.
>>
>>343089229

Absolutely, objectively and literally the worst quest in the game because of that choice.
>>
>>343092759
>tfw kill Ves and Roche after they fought with me at Kael
Nooooo
>>
>>343089229
Always side with Roche, always.
>>
What happens if you side with Dijkstra?
>>
>>343095191
You get a romance scene with him.
>>
>>343097069
Is Geralt a top or bottom?
>>
>>343089229
>Letting fat ass Dijkstra kill Roche
>Ever
You'd have to have some sort of fucking tumor in your brain to do that.
>>
>>343095191
Roche and Ves get killed
>>
>>343089229
Why the fuck should I give two shits and risk my life for Temeria puppet state exactly?

As Dijkstras aid, it doesn't concern me.
>>
>>343089229
this quest is retarded. either way, I made Ciri Empress of Nilfhgard. so giving her more land through a puppet state seems like a reasonable choice.
>>
>>343091423
>You have absolutely no way of knowing what consequences your actions will have

That's the point. It would be pretty fucking stupid to have the outcomes of your choices in your face before you even choose.
>>
>>343099035
Because Roche is your bro.
>>
>>343099332
Ciri doesn't become empress if you let Dijkstra win. He defeats Emhyr who gets assassinated before Ciri can become empress as a result.

Also, why do that to the poor girl? She's a free soul who wants to roam the world, not be stuck in a political game that will inevitably end badly for her.
>>
>>343099771
Yeah, as long as you are useful to him. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>343100135
you can't know what will happen to her. She also makes up her mind herself. She looks pretty happy when you see her in B&W and she still can roam the world, only without killing monsters. If you made her a witcherboo in main game she will tell you how people treat her poorly in B&W, she also drinks Witcher potions, so I guess it's only moments before she dies or becomes mentally retarded.

Ciri the Empress is the best ending, war is over, Ciri can do whatever, she has a way to get out of her deal if she wants, she also tells you this. She wants to make world a better place and Witcher doesn't do shit. only reason why this ending is so dramatic is because they all went full retarded, because devs wanted some drama.

>I'm not a state Witcher, it's not in my blood
Yeah, just like in TW2.
>I won't visit
This is pure bullshit, like Skellege and Emyr offer refusals during Kaer Mohen defence.
>>
When do I start blood and wine? After I finish the main quest? Can I continue playing after I finish the main quest and not go to ng+?
>>
>>343100476
Dude risks his life to help at the battle. Djikstra doesnt.
>>
>>343100924
I'm not actively helping Djikstra by leaving, it's just not my business.
>>
>>343091423
>rpg
>wants to have a guide

you can always save scum if you are that mental about what happens.
>>
>>343100880
You can keep playing without having to start NG+.

You start Blood and Wine by going ot the notice board that's marked with a red quest marker in your quest log.
>>
>>343100924
He's an ideologist, Djikstra is a schemer. If you have some ideals about friendship and loyalty to a flag, Roche is the obvious choice.
If you want strong North with efficient government, Djikstra is a better choice.

But the way they present this choice is pretty bad.

Also Radovid is a valid choice if you don't mind ethnic cleansing, they butchered his delivery, his tactical superiority and brilliant scheming is never mentioned.
>>
>>343101106
Your sentencing your friend to death
>>
>>343101305
Yeah I agree they didn't do a great job with Radovid. In a game where everything is pretty grey they went out of their way to make him mustache twirlingly evil.
>>
Djikstra was a dick, who cares.

>>343100880
You can freeroam after the main quest bud.
>>
>>343101305
I find it really frustrating how they frame this choice.

Djikstra could have definitely convinced them that his way was better. Instead he just springs it on them, with no options and is already acting hostile. I'm pretty confident that Roche would have, at least, seen the good of Temeria not being a Nilfgaardian Vassal-state.

Besides that, if Sigi REALLY felt as though he had to KILL these people he didn't even attempt to convince... why not kill them later? He's a fucking SPYMASTER. Wait so that Geralt's not there so you don't have to deal with THAT bullshit.
>>
>>343101714
No, they knew the risk involved. I just couldn't care less.
>>
File: what the fuck roche.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck roche.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>343095191

You go to hell
>>
>>343102084
>>343101305
Admittedly, it is mentioned many times that Radovid was a madman, and not in the good way.
>>
>>343102368
Edgy
>>
>>343101209
Nah like when should I start b&w so it fits into the cannon
>>
>>343095191
You save temeria from being sold off by the traitor roche.
>>
>>343102554
>not getting involved with someones else shit is edgy
>>
>>343102185
It's not like they even happy with this choice, I don't remember who said this, but either Roche or Thaller gets upset with being a puppet state, but it's the best they can do.

Game goes out of its way to create dilemmas when sitting down and talking would solve everything.

>>343102395
No one shuts up about it, you constantly get hammered on the head how bad he is, game never even tries to explain why he's so awful.
I also don't remember him being such a lunatic in TW1 and 2
>>
>>343102935
>game never even tries to explain why he's so awful.

Except the fact that he enables a gestapo that can torture to death anyone they want, he also has no problem betraying allies (shown by the fact he took over the smaller norther countries instead of helping them fighting nilfgaard and by betraying geralt).

He also doesn't give a shit about the well being of his people, he's a military genious but cares only about revenge.
>>
can i start blood n wine and go back to whatever the fuck i was doin main game? want the new mutations

should i do heart and stone? level 31 atm and i'm starved for side quests. at final preparation in the main story to help ciri with whatever the fuck she wants
>>
>>343103445
Yes.
Though you need to level up to at least level 35 or you'll get your shit pushed in.
I've only completed about 5 main quests and i'm finding enemies at level 40, plus I needed to spend about 10k to restore the vinyeard.
>>
>>343102690
>leaving your friend to die
>not edgy
>>
>>343103913
ah alright ill just do main story since i'm pretty close the end pretty sure anyway
>>
>>343104180
Yeah, Blood and Wine happens canonically after the main quest anyway.
Though you could do Hearts of Stones which is implied to happen before even getting Ciri.
>>
>>343103240
I'm saying why he became what he is, now how he's bad, game shows it down our throats.
Seriously, if you never read the books. you'd never know why he's so hell-bent on killing mages. and even then there are like 3 pages dedicated to him.
TW2 didn't do a great job explaining it as well
>>
>>343104092
>friend
>>
File: 1464987134503.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464987134503.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343104360
>>343103240
Mad Rad is a good lad and the King the Northern Realms deserve.
>>
>>343102612

It doesn't matter that much story wise, as with heart of stone, it is a stand alone story. There is one throw away dialog line about whats going on with Ciri that changes based on where you are in the main game but thats it. b&w does give a bit of an epilogue for geralt after the b&w story finishes which, fits nicely post game though. Level wise the enemies will be pretty hard until later in the game.
>>
File: TimidYen.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
TimidYen.webm
3 MB, 853x480
As much as I love TW3 the end of this quest really bothered me.

It was so out of character for Dijkstra to do what he did. I recently started a new playthrough when B&W came out. The Herbilist gets exiled from the temple of Melitele by Nenneke which is completely out of character for her. Little things that don't mean much to non hardcore fans, but still.
>>
>>343104371
Comrade
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.