[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me get this straight.... >Recycled assets >generic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-1.jpg (292 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-1.jpg
292 KB, 1000x1000
Let me get this straight....
>Recycled assets
>generic reused battle system from the PS2
>PS2 era graphics
>waifu shit all over
>Meme conversations
>reused tilesets
>can't skip attack scenes after seeing them 10000x
>generic J-Pop music
>cringe worthy story

Why does this get a pass? It has everything you fags complain about in JRPGs.
>>
>>343088934
I don't know. /v/'s taste has gone to absolute shit. I even see some people unironically discussing Dattlefield or CoD as if they play the games here. Where do I even go to find an elitist community anymore?
>>
But is it fun?
>>
>>343089236
Since it's turn based probably not
>>
>>343088934
Dont forget
>reused character designs
>reuse of persona 5 assets
>shitty social links
>stupid ass qtes
>button mash 2 win
>tons of dlcs
>need to spend $250 on a pii u to play
>need to spend 60 on shitty controller
>need to spend 10k on UHDTV to get the full experience
>have to buy all the amiibos
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
Just dont trust todd howards lies
>>
>>343089949

Nigger please. Turn based can be fucking amazing done right.
>>
Let me get this straight...
>Recycled assets
>generic reused battle system from the PS2
>PS2 era graphics
>waifu shit all over
>Meme conversations
>reused tilesets
>can't skip trash mobs and bosses even though they're all fought by dodge/attack/dodge/attack/dodge/attack
>generic orchestra music
>literally no story at all

Why does this get a pass?
>>
>>343090323
But it's not done right here. It's repetitive and suffers from Persona syndrome of just guessing at every first encounter, then doing the same thing over and over again in every subsequent encounters
>>
>>343090720
It didn't. It got shit hard on being recycled and inferior to bloodborne in everyway.
>>
>>343090720
Because it's fun
>>
>>343090720
Its okay if nintendo does it
>>
>recycled assets
Dude that's the only thing you can't use.

It's atlus.
>>
>>343088934
gamepad use as a fucking cellphone is badass. replicates real life text messages too in all their banality.
>>
>>343090720
who the fuck gave Shit Stain 3 a pass? only retards from reddit play that shit. gave it a fair 90 hours and sold that shit a monh ago. it's completely uninspired in every sense of the word. i've seen sequels do right (KH2FM, Zelda ALttP, Mega Man BN series, SRW, Elder Scrolls, Delta Force, etc) and I've seen sequels half assed (DS3, CoD, etc)
>>
File: 12.png (64 KB, 330x285) Image search: [Google]
12.png
64 KB, 330x285
>>343088934
Tell me again. How the fuck did this game's development go from Shin Megami Tensei + Fire Emblem crossover to idol waifu pandering shit with shitty Persona gameplay?
>>
>>343091208
It sells.
>>
>>343091208
The only thing that springs to mind when I hear SMT and FE is waifu pandering.

Ironically, TM#FE has better gameplay, character design and artwork than either series. The only good SMT is Strange Journey. IV was shit, Persona was and is shit, Final will be shit.
>>
>>343091523
>TM#FE has better gameplay
The gameplay is fucking persona 3 and 4.
>>
It's only popular among Kotaku shills.
>>
>>343088934
>waifu shit
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>343091642
P4, sure. P3 I don't think so. Remember you couldn't control your party in P3. How that got a pass I'll never know.

MARIN KARIN
>>
>>343088934
You forgot VN styled conversation.

Hell everything this game does is exactly Neptunia.
>>
>>343088934
The battle system does not use press turns
You can skip attack scenes
>>
Guys.

I might buy the uncensored version and not hacking the wii u. Is the game still any good? I know majority of the people here play the patched one

I live in France and we can't use torrent
>>
>>343091642
Literally how?
If anything it's more digital devil saga
>>
>>343091208
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/24/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-evolved-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/

>How did Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem evolve into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

>Shinjiro Takada, Producer at Atlus: At the initial stages of planning, we had trouble figuring out how to express the essence of both games. But then we set the policy of capitalizing on the strengths of Atlus, and decided on the basics of a modern-day RPG. We then picked the entertainment industry as something to differentiate it from previous RPGs. That set the general direction.

Also as an added bonus, it was originally supposed to be a SRPG.

>Hitoshi Yamagami, Producer at Nintendo: At the initial planning stage, we were trying to create an SLG (strategy simulation game). However, when we tried to create a strategy simulation game with characters from FE, it ended up looking just like the original FE, and it was hard to differentiate it. So six months into development, we changed direction, based on our suggestion to “think of an RPG that capitalizes on the strengths of Atlus”. That is how the game system was achieved.
>>
File: 1464231296258.jpg (199 KB, 554x603) Image search: [Google]
1464231296258.jpg
199 KB, 554x603
>>343092142
>mfw playing the censored version

I don't see what all the ruckus is about. It's not like Nintendo painted over the Sistine Chapel, or that Nintendo will ever have a Da Vinci make a game for their system ever, or that Atlus even makes respectable games.

It's a time waster, and a damn good one at that. Wasting time figuring out how you should waste time is just retarded because at least you could be jerking off to the QT outfits instead of posting on 4chan.

tl;dr Xenogears was censored, Final Fantasy XII was censored, take your artistic beef up with Square Enix's suits before you pretend that Nintendo has ever had a 9/10 game on their system that has been disheveled
>>
>>343092180
which is another copy pasted game from Nocturne.

And it plays like Persona from the skills, dungeon designs, to even the mechanics
>>
>>343092658
>inb4 they take the bait
>>
>>343092265
>think of an RPG that capitalizes on the strengths of Atlus”.
So reusing assets?
>Final Fantasy XII was censored, take your artistic beef up with Square Enix's
What the fuck does Square have anything to do with this?
>>
>>343092663
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>343092142
Wii U is region locked though.

Do you own a Japanese Wii U? It's the only "uncensored" version.

Game is pretty great though. Fast-paced turn-based combat with lots of weapons, skills and talents for you to unlock for your characters.

By the end of chapter 2, I must've collected 7 different weapons per character and each weapon gives you 4 skills to unlock as you level them up so you get alot of variety and choice.
>>
>>343092807
Capitalizing on the strengths as in just letting Atlus do whatever they want with the battle system. Also what reused assets are you talking about?
>>
>>343092813
lrn ur gaems nintenyearold
>>
>>343088934
because it's 'comfy', 'fun', and it's on a nintendo console duh
>>
>>343092976
>Wii U is region locked though.
>Do you own a Japanese Wii U? It's the only "uncensored" version.

Loadiine can play out of region games and there's already a fan patch that changes all the changed shit back to how it was in the Japanese version, redone lines included.
>>
>>343093265
?
DDS was nothing like nocturne
Nocturne was close to the persona but still different
This game is nothing like persona
>>
>>343093367
But he said...

>buy the uncensored version and not hacking the wii u.
>>
>>343092976
No. By uncensored I mean the patched version releases last week. The version still have the English translation but with all clothing etc remain as the jp Version

Of its not really that awful I might pick one when the price drop or just save up to play persona 5
>>
>>343093448
How do you buy a "patched" release without "hacking" the Wii U?

You can only access the "uncensored" patched version by using homebrew.
>>
>>343088934
>Recyled assets
It's Atlus's first HD RPG
>>
>>343093396
Go watch YouTube vids of nocturne and dds. Same game with different names.
>>
>>343093396
>social links
>ally attacks
>enemies are even surrounded in battle
>dungeons are the same
Holy shut fatlus
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.