[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't I listen to you /v/? I picked up pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ds2.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Why didn't I listen to you /v/? I picked up pic related on the steam sale after beating DS1 and it's just off. Aside from graphics, everything has been a step down so far. Should I try for a refund and pick up DS3 instead?
>>
Dark Souls 3 is worse.
>>
>>343088362

Keep 2. It's not THAT bad. But it is kinda bad. The dev cycle for it was a total mess. And it wasn't directed by Miyazaki.

3 is good. It's more of the same. I say wait until the price comes down and they release all the DLC. They will package it all together.
>>
>>343088362
Did you get SotFS? I felt the same about the vanilla game, but the DLC really turned my opinion around on 2. Also, the unfortunate truth is that 2's strength came mostly from PvP, and you're probably going to get a lot less of that.
>>
>>343088362
If you play it enough you start to notice the good things and neat details

most idiots don't notice that and just call it pure shit
>>
Oh hey it's that thread again
>>
File: 1467080209356.png (552 KB, 639x485) Image search: [Google]
1467080209356.png
552 KB, 639x485
What I want to know is why the fuck is the grass in that game so loud.
>>
>>343088362
DSIII is actually my favorite out of the bunch. If you feel like doing that, you'd have more of a sequel experience to DSI than just a spiritual successor.
>>
>>343088362
if you like poise, then no.
>>
>>343088362
no, dark souls 3 is not a sequel to dark souls, it's a sequel to bloodborne
>>
>>343091095
Definitely feels like it. Not that that's a bad thing. I loved how Bloodborne played. I just wish that it hadn't been classified as a DaS game if the gameplay style has strayed so far from the first game. I would've been cool with another "Bloodborne-like" standalone.
>>
>>343091349
same here. it just pissed me off that in dark souls 3, you basically can't use any build that doesn't have a shield because "poise is working as intended". Man fuck DaS3, just make a sequel to bloodborne at stick to what you're good at Miyazaki. And then there's this new IP shit he's talking about now. Like please don't fuck up, FromSoft.
>>
>>343091095
>>343091349
Ideally:
>Dark Souls would have been standalone
>Dark Souls 2 would have been a sequel to Demon's Souls
>Dark Souls 3 would have been a sequel to Bloodborne or a standalone that is able to pull from both Dark Souls and Bloodborne more freely
>>
>>343088362

No anon. It's a good game. It's just a big adjustment from the first Dark Souls game. It feels different, but it's still well worth playing.
>>
>>343088362
You must be retarded.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.