[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sega "Considering" Releasing Games in the Hatsune Miku:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
So, I tried contacting John Hardin, Sega/Atlus USA's PR Manager through Twitter, and he responded saying that "He hasn't heard anything about a Steam release". I also contacted nakanohito_1go on Twitter, and he said that "They are not intending to release games in the series on Steam at this time" and vaugely said "sure" when responded by some other guy on Twitter responding that "he hopes that they consider it for the sake of Western fans of the series". So, it seems like that the rumors regarding future PC ports is somewhat debunked, but it isn't out of the question.
If anybody knows about it, it might be Sega Europe as they are known for most of Sega's recent Steam releases.
Sources:
https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/747504504594137089 https://twitter.com/nakanohito_1go/status/747291266463895552 https://twitter.com/nakanohito_1go/status/747292726014545920

If you are interested in seeing this happen in the future, Go and check out: https://www.change.org/p/sega-consider-porting-games-in-the-hatsune-miku-project-diva-series-to-pc

Anyways, I hope this news is interesting. Peace out!
>>
Give it up
PCuck
>>
>>343085421
Considering most petitions based on reality (not shit like bring super mario to steam) succeeded there is no reason not to believe this wont.

Valkyrie Chronicles, Dark Souls, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Naruto, God Eater all were done thanks to petitions according to the same devs.
>>
nobody fucking cares
>>
>>343086337
There is about 400 supporters of that petition that I linked, and there is quite a few followers to a fanport to port Project Diva F and F2nd into Unreal Engine 4, so it seems like that argument is invalid.
>>
>tfw playing project diva on my PSP
u mad OP?
>>
>>343087694
Not at all actually. I own copies of 2nd and Extend for PSP, and own F2nd for PS3.

F and F2nd are really decent entries in the series, with the only flaw being the 30FPS cap on the PlayStation 3 Version, when the Dreamy Theater Entries ran at 60FPS.

With that kept in mind, I also have played 2nd and Extend on PPSSPP at 1080p with a 60FPS Patch, and it makes it more accurate and smooth compared to running it at 30FPS.
>>
I'd buy it if my semi toaster can run it.
>>
>>343084458

that would be nice,

I played a shitton diva F on ps3 but i'm not planning on buying a ps4
>>
>>343089005
If it can run those handful of Vita based PC ports, you should have no problem running any of the games.

If the ports are based off of the PlayStation 4 Versions, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti should get the job done (As the arcade version of Future Tone is powered on a dual core CPU and a GTX 650).
>>
is this a falseflag?
>>
>>343089213
I don't plan on buying a PS4 just for two or three games (Being Future Tone, PJD X, and Persona 5). It seems a bit off if you buy a $350 Game console just to play 3 games on it.
>>
>please answer my port begging please please
>s-sure
Lol baka gaijin
>>
>>343089649

you see that pricing is so not true, the console may cost so much but each game cost between 50 to 100 bucks so yeah ad that up for five games, fuck that
>>
> Using the term baka gaijin when the original post didn't use any Weeaboo vocabulary
Lol ill-minded weeaboo (Had to say it)
>>
>>343089468
It could be false that Sega is working on it right now. There was only a very vague response of "sure" to a comment by someone on Twitter that said "That he hoped that they consider it for the sake of Western Fans"

It seems possible that something like this could happen, but It would probably need Sega to see a high enough demand for it to happen.
>>
File: keep_trying.jpg (321 KB, 980x977) Image search: [Google]
keep_trying.jpg
321 KB, 980x977
>>343084458
HAHAAHA
BEST THREAD OF THE DAY
THANKS OP
>>
>>343090409
No problem dude!
>>
>>343089918
>console exclusives are not right, since its the first party's job to do them.

Couldn't be more right.

Really i can't even begin to comprehend why console fans go out of their way to fuck over other platforms.

I love my pc, i use it more than my wii u and ps3 but im not insulting people with mustard racism, why do i have to pay by having those overzealous retards fucking any possibility to have good alternatives to play the games i want?
>>
>>343089991
If you are such a fan of weeb games get over it and buy system x instead of begging for every game

Baka gaijin
>>
Arcade release is never ever in the west and ppl already port beg for steam?
Why not play one of those bargain bin games you get for the price of a mc donald menu?
What?
They are shit?

Well what do I know
>>
Everyone who wanted to play Miku games, already bought himself a PS3/PS4/Vita/3DS.

Why do you want them on PC? So you can pirate DLC? 60fps? The PS3 versions already are.
>>
>>343090783
>Arcade release is never ever in the west
What makes you say that?
>has more songs than your regular PD
>somehow impossible now
???
>>
>>343090527
You my friend are politically correct.
If it was something like Sony publishing the game, or helping to fund the game instead of straight-up buying it out in terms of shitty business practices, that would be understanding. But saying as that doesn't seem to be the case, and even Microsoft is tearing down a wall on their exclusives (Between Xbox One and Windows 10), it's logical for Sega to go and release the series on Steam.
>>
Christ, you are the Kotaku of /v/ OP. Pathetic port begging from a motherfucker.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen in a while, that counting Street Fighter 5 Juri threads.
>>
>>343090937
Licenses.
>>
>>343090842
So they can pirate the whole game and not pay for it like all the other games they play.
>>
>>343090842
It would be more accessible to an even larger audience.

There are quite a few who don't plan on buying a PlayStation 4 anyways (Or dont have the money to shell out $350 just for two or three games), and F/F2nd are going to be playable soon in RPCS3 anyways.
>>
>>343091112
The logical thing to do, would be getting the console the games you want are on.

>>343091317
The same licenses as Project Diva and Project Mirai.
>>
>>343091505
Thats only one pack
>>
>>343091134
Wadaya mean Kotaku of /v/? I'm no goddamn social justice warrior cuckface!
>>
>>343091571
Isn't there a Project Diva pack and a Mirai pack?
That doesn't matter though. If they could already bring over 4 games in the franchise. Without any licensing issues, and their DLC. Why not Future Tone? It just has more everything.
>>
>>343091365
A lot of people actually buy their games through Steam, or wait til sales roll in.

I now have over 90 games on my Steam account in the past 4 years, and my account is now worth over $800.
>>
>>343091420
Was planning on buying a PS4, but Sony announcing that new version made me hold off. Should I bite the bullet and get one now? I liked the taste of the games from the 3DS version and want to try more.
>>
>>343090937
I didn't say anything about Future Tone not being released in the West, through PS4 and possibly Steam.

It would just depend on getting the licenses for over 200 songs, and then all the text that needs to be translated to English.
>>
>>343091842
If you're in no rush, wait until the new PS4 comes out. It'll cause the price of the old PS4 to tank saving you a bit of money.

That's what I'm planning to do at least, going to preorder the mini arcade controller then wait several months to actually get the PS4 and game
>>
HUR DURR WERE PORTING EVERYTHING TO PC :DDDDD!

fucking sega liars..
>>
>>343091842
>>343092165
You still have to wait up to 1 1/2 years though. The new PS4 is coming out in holiday 2017. I don't expect the normal PS4's price to drop this year.
>>
port begging and console wars. yeah totally great thread.
>>
>>343092226
This, all I want is Skies of Arcadia
>>
I DON'T WANT THOSE STUPID GAMES
THEY SUCK, HOLY SHIT
AND THEY'RE MAKING YOU BEG FOR THEM

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>343092226
That's what they said a bit after Sonic Lost World came out on Steam.

Still no new announcements from Sega for PC Games with the exception of Total War: Warhammer.
>>
>>343084458
You're breaking GR2 OP.
https://twitter.com/BrycelessP/status/728017943938904065
>>
Miku is a cheap 5$ steam sale whore!
>>
>>343092354
But I don't see any comparing dicksizes over which platform is better.
>>
>>343092305
It's expected to come out end of this year
>>
>>343084458
Nigga just give up
Buy a cheap nogaems4 for miku is worth it
80$ for 240 songs is a steal.
>>
>>343084458
Sounds interesting, i really hope those games come to the pc i already own some of them on my consoles but it's always good to have other options.
>>
>>343092653
Oh right, sorry. Xbone Scorpio was the one next year.
>>
>Sega "Considering" Releasing Games in the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Series on Steam in the Future
Considering? Where did you take that from? Holy shit the delusion.

>>343086707
Do you realize your petition is 8 months + old?

>>343090527
>console exclusives fuck over other platforms.
>why do i have to pay by having those overzealous retards fucking any possibility to have good alternatives to play the games i want?
Holy shit the self entitlement.

>>343091505
>The logical thing to do, would be getting the console the games you want are on.
Exactly.

>>343092570
Just as I thought, a kid.
>>
>>343092647
I see a whole lot of "PC master race" and "NEVER EVER" equivalent posts.
>>
>>343091505
With 9000 peso per system? Yeah, right.

This angers me just as much as bamco latest fuckup with srw.

SRWOG: the moon dwellers, is gonna have a english release (SEA market only ENGRISH but still...) but, even tho the game is gonna be on PS3, VITA and PS4, ONLY THE PS4 VERSION IS GONNA HAVE THE ENGLISH RELEASE!

i dont want to buy a 9000 peso console just to play 2 games, you know?

I'm not gonna lie, i have a modded PS3, but even still, I WANT TO BUY THE GAME, PLAY IT, AND SUPPORT ENGLISH SRW, AND BUYING ANOTHER SYSTEM JUST FOR THAT IS NOT CORRECT!
>>
File: GEAE8P-46.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GEAE8P-46.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>343092470
Dolphin runs it pretty flawlessly. An "HD" port that uses the dreamcast uncompressed ost would be so good though.
>>
>>343092470
worst of all is that diva arcade is running on windows already, it would be the easiest port in japan history
>>
>>343092902
>this post is literally "hur i want to pirate miku"
kill yourself my man
>>
John Hardin is a piece of shit.
>>
>>343092873
By considering, I meant the response that nakanohito_1go said on Twitter.
>>
>>343092968
Exactly
>>
>>343084458
I see Petition Compilers are at it again
>>
>>343084458
How pathetic
>>
>>343092902
>i dont want to buy a 9000 peso console just to play 2 games, you know?
I don't care, developers don't care, console makers don't care, your problem.
Just because you can't afford something you can't force it to be affordable.
Grow up kid, welcome to the real world.
>>
>>343093016
I buy most of my games through Steam, and Xbox Live.

People should just stop bitching about piracy, when they download Mp3s illegally through Itunes, go on Kissanime all day and buy games used. Sure piracy is bad, but not all PCGamers pirate all day. If people do pirate, chances are it's games from Ubisoft, Activision, or EA because they know jack shit about making good services.
>>
File: 1410829411831.jpg (102 KB, 1024x514) Image search: [Google]
1410829411831.jpg
102 KB, 1024x514
I will rightfully get called for this but i wish we did not had these platform wars kind of shit since its too abudant allready plus i miss summer threads from 2 years ago and before
>>
>>343087694
You do realize PSP can be emulated in 4k right?
>>
>>343092968
Same could be said of arcsys latest games (ggxrdrev and bbcf) but....

1. porting a game still requires a dedicated team and proper testing, even if the os is the same, you must take the different system configurations a pc has in mind, an arcade system uses specific, and in some cases, custom hardware.

If it were so easy we would be playing those games right now on our pcs, probably through arcade dumps, but.

2. in the early days of the blazblue continuum shift arcade release, the game was dumped, 'leaked' if you will, for use in pcs, as you may imagine, arcsys was PISSED, it is believed thats the reason why arcsys doesnt respect the pc platform for its game releases.

Nowadays, methods have been discovered to crack taito's NesicaXLive system (the system arcsys uses for its games nowadays) and arcsys latest may be actually be dumped, but the people who make those dumps or have those tools are being more secretive than ever, to make sure another bbcs incident doesnt occur again out of respect.

I understand and respect the hackers decision, but i can only imagine thats another reason why sega doesnt want project diva on pc, fear of piracy, even with all that goodwill they are still fearing.
>>
>>343093958
These console war arguments are fucking ridiculous, I agree with you on that.

Mostly just retarded 8yr olds who play Call of Duty on their Xbox 360 argue over which system is better.
>>
>>343094257
Here's the thing.
Yes Sega does have to still do the typical stuff with porting.
Also, Sega's RingEdge and Nu systems are hard to crack, and probably won't be cracked for a while. Hell, I haven't even seen progress on it. Even people on Sows says that it's impossible right now.
>>
>>343094257
i was always thinking why there's not a single fucking dump of the arcade game, so i came to the conclusion that simply nobody gives a fuck about the damn thing. that or the security measures in the thing were vita tier
>>
>>343087694
>>343093982
And 60FPS
>>
>>343095712
Yeah, the Hard Drives are encrypted, and if you try ejecting the hard drive from the actual Arcade board, I've heard it will kill it.

Not to mention that you will still need an online DRM Membership from Sega to access it for more than 30 plays.

I have seen a installer disc for Future Tone floating online, but it doesnt come with the encryption key (Sort of like a USB) that is needed to decrypt the installer's contents.
>>
>>343095712
There used to be a used arcade machine of Future Tone for sale at: http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/arcade-machines/arcade-music-machines/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone/16861-1.html

But the page is no longer active, and the only page they have left is of a used machine of the original arcade version that is here: http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/arcade-machines/video-games/hatsune-miku-porject-diva-arcade-machine/10727-2.html
>>
>>343096721
i see.. thank you for the extensive explanation
i'll return to my inner crying right now
>>
>>343097065
I know. It kinda sucks.
I've spent weeks looking into it several months ago, yet there is no solution as of now.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.