[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: steam_controller.png (22 KB, 925x275) Image search: [Google]
steam_controller.png
22 KB, 925x275
I'm a little hype. What should I expect?

I never played with any controller in my life.
>>
File: 1367128885465s.jpg (2 KB, 125x101) Image search: [Google]
1367128885465s.jpg
2 KB, 125x101
a world of pain
>>
>>343084085
it sucks, get either a 360 controller or a dual shock 4,
>>
best thing to use for browsing the net in bed
>>
it does suck. I had been using a 360 controller and picked up the steam controller because i wanted to try it out and it sounded interesting.

Fucking waste of money. it's stupid. 360 controller is much better
>>
a half-assed piece of crap
>>
File: Capture.png (125 KB, 922x598) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
125 KB, 922x598
It's not all that similar to traditional controllers. It's basically a controller body but with two laptop trackpads stuck onto it instead of joysticks.

It's okay for playing games without controller support like an RTS game or something like that. But it's not good for games that were built with a controller in mind, like a Call of Duty or splitscreen game or an old game on an emulator.

The Xbox One controller is best controller for PC, especially now with the updated version of the controller releasing this year.
>>
>I never played with any controller in my life.

whoo boy

this might just work in your favor because this thing functions more like a touchpad than a conventional analog controller, so if you're a heavy, uh, laptop user, then you might get acclimatized to it quicker. Otherwise, expect a world of suffering as you're trying to figure out what the fuck to do with it, but in any case, watch this guy's vids for creating sensible layouts on it for a couple of games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg3fjbiQCSY
>>
>>343085784
have they listed the differences between this and the old bone controller
>>
>>343084085
>What should I expect?
a controller

not sure what kind of answer you were expecting, are you retarded?
>>
>>343086040
new textured grip and Bluetooth support
>>
>>343084085
It's ok I guess. Be prepared to configure every game and get annoyed when it decides to not load the right profile because you aren't played in BPM.
>>
>>343085042
>>343085181
>>343085330
>>343085461
That's why I ordered from Amazon so I can play with it for a month and then return it for free if I don't like it. Also free shipping to me.

>>343085784
>But it's not good for games that were built with a controller in mind, like a Call of Duty or splitscreen game or an old game on an emulator.
That sucks because I hoped it would do exactly that. I'd never play an FPS with a controller, but TPP definitely. One game I had in mind was Sleeping Dogs which was great, but a bit of a pain with KB+M during certain stages. But that's designed for Xbox controller.

>>343085845
Not a laptop user personally, but I'm forced to use a MacBook at work and the one good thing about it is the godly touchpad. I can't stand any PC laptop touchpads after getting used to that one. So I'll see how the Controller lives up to that.

The video gives me hope that it will be configurable enough to work well, and apparently people have been sharing fine-tuned configs for individual games if I feel too lazy to do that myself.
>>
>>343084085

The best controller ever made, but prepare for a learning curve before you reach the potential.

Don't listen to consolecucks who used it for 4 minutes and gave up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.