[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's playing this here? It's alright, so far. A lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: technomancer.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
technomancer.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
Who's playing this here? It's alright, so far. A lot like Mars: War Logs.
>>
>>343083674
I am sort of interested after Tehsnakerer reveiw of Mars: War Logs.

Is this game as clunky and semi-stupid as War Logs?
>>
File: 1465949934521.jpg (56 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1465949934521.jpg
56 KB, 600x440
>>343083674
I'm curious too. I liked Mars:War Logs.
>>
>>343083920
>>343084306
No. Not nearly as clunky, but it's a lot like it. Crafting, combat.
>>
>>343084459
Might give it a go. Is it a continuation of the story from war logs?
>>
>>343085670
Nah, not that I know. It's in the same universe though
>>
The steam reviews aren't very positive. I'm at work and can't play it. How's the game for you guys?
>>
File: The_Technomancer3.webm (526 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The_Technomancer3.webm
526 KB, 1280x720
>>343083674
Still downloading. I enjoy Mars War logs so it was a given for me. Also I'm not expecting a AAA game like Mass effect so I'm not expecting to be burn by the game being average on some part.
>>
>>343086512
How much do they pay yall by the post to keep coming back here?
>>
>>343086756
Not as much as the guy who make the overwatch thread but Spiders is a small studio compare to Blizzard
>>
Didn't even know it came out kek, looks ok but I'm a sucker for literally who arpgs.
>>
Torrent when?
>>
>>343087630
28 minutes ago.
>>
Can you play as a full techno mage?
>>
>>343086756
It doesn't take much for the devs themselves to come here and shill on their own time.
>>
>>343087734
Where? I cheked the usual sites and the only torrent I found was about the book.
>>
>>343087630
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:472a93b59aec40f3be428d3760a2f15b3fa2665e&dn=The.Technomancer-CODEX&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce
>>
>>343087975
What is your usual sites?
>>
What was the name of this game? Can you post it again?
>>
>>343088151
The filename.
>>
>look it up on Steam
>all reviews 'received this product for free', are positive and upvoted to the top

No thanks.
>>
>>343088018
a bitcoin miner just what Ive always wanted
>>
Yo buy the game assholes. Sci-fi shit doesn't sell as it is unless it's starwars or mass effect. If you buy it they'll make more cheesy scifi
>>
>>343089016
Fuck you, I do what I want.
>>
>>343089016
because you posted this I just pirated it out of spite
>>
So is it good or not? Most of the positive views got the game for free.
>>
>>343089016
I will in a couple years when it's $5
>>
>>343089016
>Yo buy the game assholes

no thank you developer of game
>>
>>343089016
i wanna try it first though, these devs don't really make amazing games, if its' really good i'll buy it when its on sale 2 years from now or if its in a bundle.
>>
>>343089663
It just came out, of course all review are from people who got it for free ealier
>>
>Technomancer
>Just an electric wizard
>Not even as many electric powers as infamous

Wasted potential. Also why the fuck would people use a mace and shield in the far future? Jesus. It's meant to be sci-fi
>>
>>343083674
Torrent is 75% done. Excited to play.
>>
>>343090383
there's psi abilities and stuff in it, there's a couple trailers for it showing a bunch of gameplay styles.
>>
>>343090561
>PSI abilities

What has that got to do with Technomancy?

Watchdogs is more of a Technomancer game than this heap of shit.
>>
>>343090932
Why are you so indignant towards the game?
>>
>>343090932
kys you literal /v/ autist, stop being a stereotype.
>>
>>343091013
It's called TECHNOMANCER it's meant to be a SCIFI game.

Yet instead:

>No Technomancer abilities even though there has been years and years of source material for Technomancers
>The abilities are Electric and Psi yet again Electric is the only one I see being something to do with Technomancy
>Melee weapons that arent even original
>Set on another boring factory planet
>Humans are the only bad guys minus planet animals which are just earth animals
>No interacting with technology

So tell me again what's the point in making a sci-fi RPG.

It would have made sense in a Neuromancer setting where you could actually manipulate Technology and have interesting weapons and settings.
>>
>>343083674
>A lot like Mars: War Logs.

Well then I'm definitely not playing it, Mr. Shill.
>>
>>343083674
So how is the game?

Is it shallow as fuck or does it have fun quests/good world to explore/shit to do?

It looks interesting, but I´ve been let down by rpgs far too many times before.
>>
As long as it's better than bound by flame, I'll be happy. I played bound for as long as I could, but ended up getting rid of it after a week. It wasn't horrible, but it needed a lot of work.
>>
>>343092101
It's being hailed for its complex story and combat, so that's a good sign. Main complaints go towards character animations and the main characters voice actor. I can overlook these things.
>>
It looked like it might be decent based on the trailers, but watching lets plays it looks like hot garbage
>>
>>343088018
>clicking a magnet link ever

kek

>sent
>>
>>343091540
>No Technomancer abilities even though there has been years and years of source material for Technomancers
Have you seen all the abilities the game has to offer?
>The abilities are Electric and Psi yet again Electric is the only one I see being something to do with Technomancy
Who the fuck cares. They choose the name because of the in-lore role of the technomancers from the first game. They probably just thought it sounded cool, does it fucking matter?
>Melee weapons that arent even original
Original does not denote quality. What sort of weapons would you come up with? Besides, maybe they don't want to make it a flashy sci-fi, but one with decadent and crude technology and weapons
>Set on another boring factory planet
>Humans are the only bad guys minus planet animals which are just earth animals
Enemy variety may be a problem, I will concede. Still, there are humans, mutants and aliens. I don't know what more you want
>No interacting with technology
Not sure how to infer this

To answer why they made it sci-fi - Probably because they wanted to tell a sci-fi story. The technology in the lore is fucked because mars has been cut off from earth, and they're in slow decline.

These seem like sort of strange things to be so vehemently rilled up about. How you considered that perhaps the game is good, despite the what you perceive as faults?
>>
>>343092442
>Complex story and combat

Which review is this? I can't find one over 7.

>>343092828
Is there an ability that let me sends a message to someone and there heads blow up? Is there an ability that let me turns the factory off? No? What's the point calling it something that it's not?

>Crude technology weapons
Gee I don't know maybe look at another series set on Mars? Take ideas from that and see where you can take them?

It's set on Mars. Yet again spider studios makes another SCIFI game set on Mars. We have the whole universe and they gave us Mars.

>Not sure how to infer this

>INTERACTING
>WITH
>TECHNOLOGY

Go away Mr Shill.
>>
saw gameplay and the combat looks floaty and unsatisfying as fuck. is this true? I want some actual tactile sounds when I do combat.
>>
I really fucking hope the combat isn't like in Bound by Flame. Having to whack most enemies in the head twenty times wasn't exactly fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 750x422
I'm playing this strictly to hold me over until pic related comes out. I can't wait for a tech souls game.
>>
This is the same Dev that's sound Vampyr right? Fucking when does that come out? I was immediately hyped when I saw the gameplay and the developer interview.
>>
>>343093329
You do realize that a technomancer is a fictional occupation.You make it sound like there is a check list of abilities one must put in his fictional technomancer for him to be considered a technomancer. Do you have the same problem with mages that can't throw fireballs?

I guess they put the game on mars because they wanted to flesh out the world from War Logs. I'll agree with you that it's a banal setting, and with all the possibilities of the universe, they should have chosen a different planet initially

There is no need to be rude, anon. I don't have anything against you, I am just trying to understand you
>>
>>343094005
>This is the same Dev that's sound Vampyr right?

Nope.
>>
>All these people pirating and never buy it even if they like it.
You people are the first to bitch when we get less games and devs close. Enjoy ruining things for yourselves and everybody
>>
EURO JANK THREAD
>>
>>343094960
Some of us, just don't care
>>
>>343093876
>the one person excited for Deck13's next imminent failure.
>>
>thread is full of this one really angry guy
>cannot figure out if the game is good or not as a result
>>
Maybe I'll pirate it when I can be assed.
>>
>>343096737
It's not, the reception is terrible, we just have a dev here shilling his pile of garbage.
>>
>>343094080
not that dude but mages have a very broad and vast use of magic
technomancy is a very specific part of magic
>>
>>343097045
Why is it garbage, my man?
>>
>>343097190
You're right. Something like a pyromancer would've been a better analogy. Still, I don't understand his pedantic dislike of the game
>>
>>343097574
the problem with that argument is that people would actually be upset if pyromancers couldnt throw fireballs in some form
>>
aight, how many techs can you romance?
>>
>>343097645
You misunderstand me - If it was a parallel of his techomancer grievance, it would be like dismissing a pyromancer as a pyromancer becasue he couldn't summon a fiery phoenix which spewed magma out its ass.

He dismissed the notion that the game could be called techomancer, since the techomancers didn't have specific abilities which he thinks are essential when creating a techomancer
>>
>>343098178
maybe but everything still has a set of rules it should follow
you cant take creative liberties but when you leave out a bunch of stuff which makes a class its class people will get upset about the use of the name
you dont HAVE to follow everything but you should follow the guide
>>
>>343098324
Which they did, as far as I can tell.

It really doesn't matter, though. I just thought it strange to be repelled from a game based on such grounds
>>
>>343098690
well it is kind of its whole gimmick
its not surprising that when people get sold on being a technomancer and dont get to be the technomancer they want they would get upset
>>
>>343098894
But what exactly constitutes a techomancer, and how does one account for what different people find appropriate abilities for a technomancer to have?

Is there some agreed upon canon of techomancy?
>>
File: 1466916783300.jpg (49 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1466916783300.jpg
49 KB, 540x405
>this obvious, fucking insultingly blatant shilling
>>
>>343099329
Eh, they need all the shilling they can get. I barely even knew this game existed up until this point
>>
>>343089016
It is cheesy but not because it's trying to be. Unintentional cheese is bad.
>>
>>343083674
>a lot like mars war logs
Then it can't possibly be "alright"
>>
>>343094960
Poorfags pirating a game that they cant afford and would never buy is somehow ruining it for everybody.
>>
>>343094960
You couldn't make a good game if you tried, now fuck off and die already or move onto making whatever shitty budget rpg is next
>>
>>343094960
This literally who game will only benefit from the free advertisement of piratefags
>>
well, i did buy e.y.e. divine cybermancy yesterday on steam
>>
Is there a lot of skill checks in dialogues?
>>
>>343099214
Just Google Technomancer.

Technomancers use technology to do everything. They can control technology. They don't spew lighting out of their ass like a sith
>>
>>343102439
Apparently, they do
>>
>>343102439
>>343102552
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/technomancer
>Role: Technomancers master the art of blending magic and super-science, unlock the secrets of stolen technology, and devise cunning new inventions from the remnants of ruined devices.
>>
File: 1451292911035.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1451292911035.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
What the fuck is this game? Is it Cyberpunk? Is it good?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 625x416
Playing the game now. It's ok/10 from what I've played. Definitely feels like an indie developers. Combat is ok but it seems like it's missing something, no 60fps on PC but whatever. Character customization and weapon modding are simple, but not bad. Music is sometimes good. Haven't gotten to any bosses yet. I'd say it's worth the pirate but not with the price. That that as you will.
>>
>>343104292
>Muh d20 rules
How about literature and other pnp games that have been around for longer

>>343104698
Not cyberpunk. set on Mars with muh secret order and muh working class miners
>>
>>343105271
You can call whatever you want a Technomancer because you don't have to follow what some old books says about it.
>>
>>343106039
Okay my Technomancer is gonna run around with bare fists and headbutts everything.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds. Classes are a stereotype. You stick to the stereotype but you change them either mechanically or aesthetically.
>>
>>343106305
If it can control technology then it's a technomancer. Who fucking cares if he can do it with nanomachines or magic?
>>
>>343106519
But he can't control technology. He has psi and electric based abilities. Like a Jedi
>>
>>343106614
>called the technomancer
>no technomancy

not even gonna bother
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.