[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACT: Overwatch would benefit from forcing one hero to a game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (381 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381 KB, 1000x1000
FACT:

Overwatch would benefit from forcing one hero to a game, i.e. a person picks Hanzo and nobody on their team or the opposing team can pick Hanzo.

Or at the very least limit it to no 2 of the same hero on each team.
>>
File: 1467036084737.png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467036084737.png
86 KB, 500x500
>he hasn't played a game of 6 Torbjorn/Mei/Reinhardt/Junkrat
>>
I agree with one hero per team.

But not one hero per game.
>>
>nobody on their team or the opposing team can pick Hanzo

Okay, one team picks Mercy, Lucio, and Zenyatta and the other team no longer has a healer
>>
>>343081242
The first one's fucking retarded, this isn't dota.

But yes limiting to one per team is reasonable, and would probably be a good idea.
>>
>>343081242
What's the point?
The game isn't supposed to be super serious right now

It's still early
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>343081609
That would actually be an interesting strategy

A team would sacrifice DPS/Tank or whatever to lock your opponent out of a healer and both teams would just have to roll with gimped balance for composition

I'll admit it's kinda dumb but I think it'd be neat to see played out
>>
>>343081914
Or just have teams rotate picks like in mobas, then its your own fault if you dont have a support
>>
>Pick Lucio
>Win every game
Thanks OP now I'll never lose
>>
>>343081242
I don't play OW, but I actually assumed this was how it was. How does it work with multiple heroes? How is there any strategy involved when you can't pick and counter pick? The draft is the part of any hero based game that involves the most strategy.
>>
>>343082168
I think OP means once they add more characters to the game
>>
>>343082168
I understand why Lucio is so high on the tier list but I'd honestly rather have a competent Mercy on my team. Aura heals are great just to evenly heal everyone at a slow rate but having someone that can quickly heal one person and effectively hop between teammates with the added bonus of an optional damage buff sounds better. But again, the Mercy must be competent
>>
I've played TF2 games like this. It's an awful concept
>Try and go pyro
>Already have a pyro
>W+M1 retard that kamakazes enemies, has no concept of circle strafing, no concept of ambushes, can't deflect rockets, can't puff away ubercharges, never spy checks, basically an all around bad pyro
>Team getting demolished by medic/demo uber pushes
>Team getting wrecked by competent enemy spy
>Try and go engineer to help out current one
>Engineer class full
>Try and go medic because our medic is a pocket healing idiot
>Medic class full
>go scout
>not a very good scout
>not contributing as much as i could if i could go any of the other classes that are locked
>>
>>343082687
>Lucio is just aura healing
(you)
>>
>>343082687
>But again, the Mercy must be competent
LucioPlayers.txt
>>
>>343082687
The rest of the team has to be more competent when you're mercy as well since you're easier to kill than lucio is. If nobody wants to protect my ass when i'm mercy i switch to lucio every single time.
>>
>>343082742
But with only 6 player slots per team, having 2 of the same character in a category that contains 6 or 7 characters like Offense or Defense limits your team in the diversity of tactics for attacking in defending
>>
>>343082905
That's a fair point, I have an obnoxiously difficult time killing Lucio
>>
>>343081242
Counter picking and banning is really cancer in mobas and should not swap to other genres.
It's just not fun
>>
>>343083051
Point still stands. If i can do your job better than you as zarya or pharah, which i usually can, I'm picking them, and i'm going to take all of your kills, then i'm going to call you a waste at the end of the match. I've done it before, and i'll certainly do it again many many many more times.
>>
>>343081242

shit opinion. if you can essentially banpick, games will just turn into pure denial. for instance, if offense picks first for payload and takes reinhardt, defense can pick mercy or lucio. thats fucking stupid and you know it. you should play characters that youre good with and fit the map, not fucking counterpicks just to deny the enemy. fuck off back to mobas you scrub
>>
>>343081242
First idea is pretty retarded, but the second maybe. Mostly cause doubling up on certain chars can make them downright broken. A coordinated pair of Zaryas becomes stupidly hard to break for instance.
>>
>>343082687
Damage boost is ass for anyone who doesn't use a high ROF weapon. The only reason Mercy is picked over Lucio in competitive games is because Rez is the most broken ult in the game on top of it being the fastest charging ult in the game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.