[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoiler-free ZTD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: zero-time-dilemma-featured.png (1 MB, 1195x700) Image search: [Google]
zero-time-dilemma-featured.png
1 MB, 1195x700
Has anyone who preordered the watch version from Amazon gotten it yet?

This is important, I can't wait much longer.
>>
>>343079791
I'm playing it right now

Choose blue.
>>
>>343080138
FUCK
Did you get a shipment notification? I never did, but I assumed it had something to do with the watch delay.
I got the 3DS version. if that makes a difference.
>>
>>343080342
I downloaded the CIA, who the fuck buys games?
>>
>>343080342
I don't even have a delivery date yet for the 3ds preorder watch version.
>>
>>343079791
Waiting for Steam version tomorrow.
>>
>>343079791
From what I've seen, you're fucked. This release has been an absolute shitshow. You're going to have to go out and buy a copy at a store.
>>
Got the standard PS Vita version from Amazon. It says it's coming Friday for me.
>>
Well I just wasted 40$ on a game that doesn't work on PS TV. Serves me right for believing a month old article. I'll ask for a refund. If I get it I'll buy it on my 3ds.
>>
>>343079791
This guy's from Aksys's marketing department, and he's been answering questions about the issue, so you should check his twitter for more info.

There should be an update after 12 PST.

https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny
>>
>>343082279
>>343081861
Looks like it's just an error and I'll be able to play it one day since it's supposed to be compatible.
>>
>>343079791
>watch version

Fuck amazon. They haven't even shipped it out yet because they're waiting for the watches to arrive so they can save on shipping and ship both at once. Watches are delayed.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/06/24/zero-time-dilemma-pre-order-watches-delayed-will-still-get-game/
>>
I regret ordering from amazon.... tho I did it for the watch...
>>
Ordered the standard 3DS version.

Still no expected delivery date.
>>
This release has been a trainwreck.
>>
I'm just going to Gamestop before work. I'm not waiting any longer.
>>
>>343086160
What letter chart? Where do I get it?
>>
File: puzzles.png (87 KB, 2304x1028) Image search: [Google]
puzzles.png
87 KB, 2304x1028
>>343086694
>>
>>343086745
I mean, where do i get it in the game? I've tried checking all objects I could find.
>>
>>343079791
>Buying off Amzon

You guys fucked up hard. Bought from gamestop back in january and already got mine this morning.
>>
>>343086995
Well, on the bright side, we got it for 20% off.
I definitely would have rather payed $40 and gotten it on time.
>>
>>343086853
Oh fuck me. I was reading previous threads and someone said the chart was in one of the painting while that's why I couldn't find it because it's in the armor all this time, not painting.
>>
>>343087158
I'd have rather payed $40 for it than have to buy another copy to play it on time
>>
>>343083231
You're probably one of those people on Twitter praising Aksys' cock, promising shit that they can't fulfill.

Why would you blame Amazon for all this? It wasn't them that (1) broke the watches, (2) got informed late about the broken watches, (3) was requested to ship the game and watch separately (do you even know how much of a logistical nightmare that is), (4) promising shit on Twitter that they have no control over.

Oh and let's not forget that Aksys also fucked up orders for VLR.

You can blame Amazon for their inability to properly communicate one straight message, but Aksys fucked up. Again.
>>
>>343086962
Hopefully you shift into the correct thread, I'm replying here.
Delta would have told her. Maybe even all of them. He did say his motives were COMPLEX :^) , but he explicitly mention wanting to be born

Do remember that he chose to include Mira in the game and gave her free reign over a good part of it. While the Mira from the game isn't as much a conspirator as the "piranha in the koi fish tank", it does introduce the possibility that he's willing to cooperate with her to some extent. He clearly hates her, so why exactly did he choose HER to be in the game?
>>
File: 1463201520384.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463201520384.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
>chains up Gab in the Q Team yellow button fragment.
>shoots Gab in the Force Quit timeline.
Delta is a prick; don't believe his lies.
>>
>>343087829
>Delta would have told her. Maybe even all of them.
Well fuck me, that makes sense. But I'm really starting to hate how so much is explained by a bootstrap paradox, except when he used ALIEN TECHNOLOGY once
>>
I got the CQD: 2 ending, is there any secret bonus thing left like in VLR or is that it? It wouldn't let me skip the credits for that and there's no empty spots on the flowchart so I'm assuming that's it.
>>
>>343088340
The series so far if something doesn't seem right:
>meme field
>bootstrap paradox
>schrödinger's cat
>shifting
>akane getting super special awesome new powers you never heard about and is only mentioned in a q&a section
New (dont look if you haven't finished the game)
>mindhack
>ayyyyy lmao
>just a fake point
>to make it
>seem like
>there are tons of new stuff

Did I miss something?
>>
>>343088721
Not the same anon, but yeah. That sounds about right.
>>
>Best boy wasn't even a boy.
>Fuck you, you don't get to save him.

Life is truly unfair.
>>
AND THIS

IS TO GO

EVEN FURTHER

BEYOND
>>
>you were an old man the entire time
Same twist 2 games in a row. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>343087704
>You're probably one of those people on Twitter praising Aksys' cock, promising shit that they can't fulfill.

Where the flying fuck did that come from? No I don't praise Aksys nor do I even use twitter.

> Why would you blame Amazon for all this?

Because it's not their first time they fucked up on shipping and it won't be their last. I had release day shipping from these faggots and amazon prime. They still fuck up.

> It wasn't them that (1) broke the watches, (2) got informed late about the broken watches, (3) was requested to ship the game and watch separately (do you even know how much of a logistical nightmare that is), (4) promising shit on Twitter that they have no control over.

1. I didn't blame them from breaking the watches.
2. They were informed over a week ago.
3. It shouldn't be a logistical nightmare since they had over a week to prepare. All they had to do was ship the game.
4. Is shipping the game so fucking different than what they normally do? Which is shipping the fucking game.

>Oh and let's not forget that Aksys also fucked up orders for VLR.

THAT was amazon's fuck up for taking too much orders they couldn't fulfill. They pulled the same shit with the limited edition of Neptune Rebirth. Hell, the pull the same shit on every black friday with certain limited stock high ticket items.

> but Aksys fucked up. Again.

You're a retarded amazon fanboy. This is clearly amazon's fuck up like usual. It's nothing new for amazon, they fuck up all the time.

I don't mind that the watches are delayed, I just want my game so I can play it now.
>>
>>343088969
>you were an old man the entire time
>you were Zero all along
>but don't worry Zero is actually a good guy trying to save herself/6 billion/8 billion

All he did was to increase the power levels.
>>
So since it's the daytime, can we have a civil and rational discussion of the game, or will we be bombarded by literal children at any time who ignore information and promises provided during Q&As, act as if their wacky headcanon carries more veracity than the creator of the entire fucking series, and obsesses upon tacking on petulant insults as a way to support their arguments?
>>
>>343088969
You weren't even him, which is fucking stupid. I don't even know why that twist was in, it was just for cheap surprise factor.

Sure, most people would have suspected him of being Zero from the start, but there's no way you can confirm any suspicions without knowing about the time discrepancies between the teams and MINDHACK. Even if we knew he was with Q team all along, he would be in the same boat as Sean and Gab in that we would be 100% sure they were put there by Zero for a reason but would have no way of telling for sure if he was even a willing conspirator.
>>
>>343089515
Schrödinger's discussion
:^)
>>
>>343089790
Probably. It's infuriating though. Threads were great yesterday up until evening and night time.
>>
>>343089515
I don't know anon, but it sure is looking like the autists that get mad at literal theories are here to ruin the thread.

Let's have a decision game. Let's try to fill up the parts of the story that weren't expanded upon with some fun theories.

1904 Phi is Santa and Akane's grandmother. This explains why Santa looks so much like Phi while explaining why they are powerful espers themselves.

Quark is the grandchild of the timeshifted Carlos from the VLR timeline.

Delta did also get sent to 2008 with Phi, and ZTD Carlos is this Delta.

Quark is a Sean clone.

Sean is left, thus, Dio is a Sean clone.

TIME TO DECIDE.

>Be an autist and get mad at theories.
>Don't be an autist and don't get mad at theories.
>>
File: 1466754817698.jpg (46 KB, 486x401) Image search: [Google]
1466754817698.jpg
46 KB, 486x401
Anyone else thought it was a solid game even after that shitty twist?
>>
>>343089686
>time discrepancies between the teams
Why even include those? Just so you have a twist? They fool the player into believing the teams act at the same time and nothing else.
>>
>>343090401
>Delta did also get sent to 2008 with Phi, and ZTD Carlos is this Delta.
Then who is his sister thats also can access the meme field and talk to Carlos?
>Sean is left, thus, Dio is a Sean clone.
Nope. Sean is the boy from the story, not the brother he had in Germany.
>>
>>343090401
I think I've beaten the game but I still don't know who the hell ??? at the end of VLR was or what happened to Kyle.
>>
>pre-ordered watch edition from amazon for vita
>only have a PSTV

I'm double fucked. At this rate I may as well go pirate it on PC since the game probs won't be shipped for another 3 months and not even be able to play it anyways when it does arrive.
>>
>>343090504
It's not the time discrepancies that are redundant, it's the ward being the same for every team twist that is. The time discrepancies give Delta time to prepare and adjust the game as it develops, and are there so the teams don't meet up.
>>
>>343090680
>who the hell ??? at the end of VLR was or what happened to Kyle
ZERO KYLE DILEMMA
But yeah, that's one plot point they never expanded upon.
>>
>>343090489
it did feel like a shitty asspull yesterday, when I finished the game, today seeing these threads and the huge amount of foreshadow that the old man was with team Q the whole time I'm actually ok with it, not so much impact but was fucking clever
>>
>>343090401
Sean is left

Sean had blue/black hair cant be left. Theory discarded.
>>
>>343090680
>I think I've beaten the game but I still don't know who the hell ??? at the end of VLR was or what happened to Kyle.
??? is Blick Winkel, was answered in a tweet, someone might have it.
>>
>>343090401
As long as they're not expoused as anything but literal theories, as you said, then I don't see why kids would be mad--beyond being, you know, kids, and needing to argue at all times.

I'm positive that it was stated that only Phi was sent to 2008 while Delta remained behind. Otherwise, the other theories are fun.

>>343090489
Not at all. Too many broken promises.

>>343090680
??? is Blick Winkel, a fourth-dimensional being from Uchi's infinity series--specifically ever17. However, in ZTD, both Blick and Kyle are broken promises :-)
>>
I didn't even know there was an old man in the game until they revealed him near the end of it.
>>
>>343090838
>PHI'S EYEBROWS ARE NOT ORANGE
>JUNPEI'S HAIR IS NOT PURPLE
>AKANE'S HAIR IS NOT PURPLE

We never saw Sean outside the simulation anyway, maybe there was a character customization screen before the simulation starts. :^)
>>
So we've reached the point in video games where pre-ordering gets you the game a month after everyone else
>>
For those who played it, is it worth $40?
>>
>>343090680
kyle was probably asleep, his conscience didn't go lost anywhere, and ? was you player, that ending was a huge "thank you for playing I hope we get a sequel" scene only, not actually important to any of the game gambits
>>
>>343091268
Yes. The ride was amazing, the destination was a bit a disappointment.
>>
>>343090747
>time discrepancies
I was talking about having the watches show the same time for different teams. He could easily show them the real time, as the teams never know when the others are awake. It's just there so you, the player, don't see the twist coming, which is a shitty explanation.
>>
>>343091268
I dont think it is worth 40 bucks, but I never pay much money for video games.
>>
>>343091268
No.
>>
File: 1467128869428.jpg (84 KB, 800x892) Image search: [Google]
1467128869428.jpg
84 KB, 800x892
wait a minute.. WAIT A MINUTE... W A I T A MINUTE...!

GUYS! HUUUUUUUGE DESCREPENCANY IN VLR

>Everyone is slowed down by route 6 and views things slowed down.
>Akane intentionally slowed down recordings and proceses so they wouldn't be fooled
>Sigma was infected with R6, this checks out.

BUT.

[?] a 4D being who witnessed the events through sigma somehow is effected by a virus that can't even effect it, meaning Blickwinkle saw all of VLR at NORMAL speed.

How the fuck did he understand anything at that point?
>>
>>343088701
check your files
>>
>>343091268
you are a huge fan of the previous 2 games? yes
you just want to see where this ride ends or want to get as a standalone? no, take it for less than 20
>>
>>343091268
Maybe, I pirated it because leak. I will say that it's definitely the worst game out of the trilogy.

They even went light on the actual gameplay (puzzles), it felt like halfway through they just stopped appearing.
>>
>be Amazon prime member
>shipping tomorrow instead of yesterday
>arriving Friday instead of today

Th-thanks, Amazon.
>>
>>343090639
>Then who is his sister thats also can access the meme field and talk to Carlos?

His adoptive sister. ZTD set a precedent that family ties can change at Uchi's whim so I don't see how that'd put the theory out of the realm of possibility.
>>
>>343091321
>>343091437
>>343091536
Is the ending really that disapointing?
I remember being hyped as fuck when I got the true ending in VLR
>>
>>343091528
I have all the files except for 1 in the Quest part and there doesn't seem to be any pay-off file for Sigma, Phi and Diana despite the rest of the characters having them.
>>
>>343091442
>How the fuck did he understand anything at that point?

If you accept BW as the player, then could be explained by you watching through Sigma's mind. Sigma is affected, so are you.
>>
>>343091717
Sequel hook for a game that's probably never gonna happen
>>
>>343091717
>>>343091321
2 hours of cutscenes, AYLIENS AND no payoff, just Payoff 2.
>>
>>343091796
lel
>>
>>343091717
I really need to scroll through the VLR Q&A some time and make a list of all the questions that had a "This will be explained in the third game. Please enjoy!" that way I can post it every time somebody asks this.
>>
The Stranded Pair was fucking good
>>
>>343091717
VLR legitimately had a better ending than ZTD. And considering that VLR ended on a cliffhanger that should tell you all you need to know.
>>
>>343091796
>>343091796
>just Payoff 2.
Everything will be revealed in the 3rd payoff. I hope you guys look forward to it. :^)
>>
>>343091879
>>343091974
Does it at least continue from the cliffhanger/resolve it? The ending doesn't have to be that great but I'll be satisfied if it's at least related.
>>
>>343092086
Yes it justifies/resolves VLR and I wouldn't say ZTD ends on a cliffhanger, it's just an unsatisfying ending.
>>
>>343092086
yes, all key points are solved, only few side stories are kinda mentioned and left to the wind
>>
>>343092086
No because Radical 6 was apparently a fluke and it retconned a lot of VLR
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-28+at+08.51.15).jpg (476 KB, 1278x721) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-28+at+08.51.15).jpg
476 KB, 1278x721
Wait so what the hell was "50m" about?
>>
>>343092273
At least it's better than nothing!
>>
>>343091345
>I was talking about having the watches show the same time for different teams. He could easily show them the real time, as the teams never know when the others are awake. It's just there so you, the player, don't see the twist coming, which is a shitty explanation.

You can argue that it was fail-safe in case the teams decided to exchange info through gab that included reasoning based on the time their watches displayed. The vote at 13:30 in particular would have been problematic, since they have memories of it.

Also, it was never expanded upon but a major plot point that was handwaved was that Dianna, Sean and Carlos could sometimes see events that happened in the other teams. In particular, the executions. I'm guessing they did this through the morphogenetic field as opposed to shifting, so there's a chance they could use it to know that the time the events happened wasn't the same for every team.

It's a convoluted reasoning, but one that holds.

At least until you realize that there was no reason to put the teams in the same ward in the first place. Maybe Zero ran out of budget? :^)
>>
>>343091879
Q2: What happened to Snake/Light during the events of VLR?
Did he search for Clover for 45 years, like how Junpei still searched for Akane?
>This will be revealed in the 3rd game. I hope you guys look forward to it.

Q10: Where is Aoi during VLR?
>This will be revealed on the 3rd game. Hope you guys look forward to it.

Q21: What’s going on with Ace? Does he die or escape from prison when Radical-6 hits?

Q22: The cloak Akane wore in the End or Beginning, with the Free the Soul symbol on it, looked like it was the same as the one Snake wore in the true end of 999, which had the Free the Soul symbol as well.
Why is that? I thought Snake’s robes were from when Lord Gordain ran the Nonary Games, so why is the Free the Soul symbol on Snakes’s robes?

Q24: Is there a possibility of Sigma and Phi being a couple? I know his body is old, but Phi DID say she showed herself in a swimsuit in one of the timelines…
>No, they won’t be a couple… I can’t tell you any more without it being spoilers, so please look forward to the 3rd game.

Q50: What happened to Snake and the rest of the 999 cast during the Pandemic and succeeding apocalypse?
>This will be revealed in the 3rd game. I hope you guys look forward to it!
>>
>>343092346
wasn't the shelter 50m down below?
>>
>>343092346
That's how deep sigma went into diana in D end 2
>>
>>343092404
>
looking back, it doesnt sound like a promise, it sounds like something he typed up for generic answers he diodnt want to respond to.

Like a job letter that says "Thanks but were not looking for your kind right now"

in fact he probably never considered we'd take it so seriously and expect him to follow through with it.
>>
>>343092404

Q56: In the Zero Escape universe, how long has Free the Soul been around?

In question 44 from your previous Q&A centered around 999, you said that the robes worn by Snake were from Lord Gordain, who “conducted strange ceremonies in the incinerator” (along with friends) on the Gigantic/Britannic, which leads me to believe that Lord Gordain was also part of Free the Soul.

But according to Seven, while talking behind Door [7] in 999, Lord Gordain died in the 1930s (1931/1932, I believe). If these two statements are correct, then Free the Soul existed at least by the 1930s, if not earlier.

So when was Free the Soul established? And how did Brother manage to keep his brother’s DNA intact/uncorrupted until the technology to clone (Dio/Left, 4th generation Myrmidon leader) him became available?

Also, when was human cloning invented in the VLR timeline, and when was the first generation of Left clones gestated?
>This will be revealed in the 3rd game. I hope you guys look forward to it!
>>
>>343092086
No, not really, since presented concepts are completely ignored. The cliffhanger (true ending) may as well not have even happened.

>>343092404
I'd say we got the conclusion about Sigma and Phi's relationship although we didn't see her in a swimsuit, sadly. And we did have that one sentence telling us about Aoi. Add the one about lion motifs.
>>
>>343091971
This. If Uchi wanted a sequel hook, he should have ended the game right there.
>>
>>343092404
Now how many of those are true?
>>
>>343092404
21, 22 and 24 were all answered though.
>>
>>343092475
Ah that works.

>>343092497
That too.
>>
>>343092346
Sigma was packing 16 inches when Phi was a C cup. She's a D cup in this game. Turns out Sigma's dick grows exponentially in function of her cup size.
>>
File: 1436884366736.jpg (73 KB, 491x560) Image search: [Google]
1436884366736.jpg
73 KB, 491x560
>nobody objects when a deaf, blind old man is made the leader of the Q team
>nobody calls Sean by his name but they all know it
>>
Q3: Are there plans to end the series after Zero Escape 3 – or continue it?

How far ahead is the series being planned?

>I plan on ending things with the 3rd volume. So basically it’ll be a trilogy

Thanks for the money, suckers!
>>
>>343092371
Well my biggest gripe with the game is you can't argue about the reasons why things are as they are, because the answer is always bootstrap paradox.
>>
>>343093028
>nobody objects when a deaf, blind old man is made the leader of the Q team

Yeah but they do
>>
>>343090879
so, does this game confirm that the Blick Winkel was Delta and his mindhacking shenanigans?
or was he someone else entirely?
>>
>>343092767
Just posting everything he said about the 3rd game.
>>
>>343093313
Blick Winkel was not present within the game at all. People will claim that you are Blick Winkel but there is no supporting evidence in-game.
>>
>>343092767
Nothing was answered about Ace. Junpei wonders if he is still even in prison and that's it.

Not that it really matters though.
>>
Yeah fuck it. I'm going through the Q&A now. Will post a handy-dandy notepad screenshot image once done.
>>
>>343093217
"Hey wait!"
"Is this a joke?"
still a shit twist
>>
>>343093149
That's basically every time travel story ever. They tend to only work when going forward but never in reverse.
>>
File: vlr in a nutshell.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlr in a nutshell.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Man, I wish the good old times came back, where it was Dio's fault
>>
File: 1456366889725.gif (446 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456366889725.gif
446 KB, 500x500
Is there a pirated copy floating around out there? Amazon won't be sending me my copy until this weekend and I want to play it before it's spoiled.
>>
>>343093149
See:
>>343088721
You can add everything that might be missing.
>>
>>343093941
ofc there is a cia, it was uploaded at least 3 days ago, go look for it
>>
>>343093313
>>343093415
The Q reveal implies it every time by making you follow his point of view as he stands up/writhes in pain as he dies, but it doesn't really hold true for most of the game. You are not always seeing things from Delta's perspective. You are there when he isn't, and he Mindhacks just fine without your help.

Uchi half assed the twist.
>>
>>343093941
mega:///#!uEdxFKRQ!UF8zqAUJ13f2BHi8TArg4UOD3jF2-Hb82vLUeV-M81o
Here you go, Uchi doesn't deserve money for this piece of shit
>>
>>343093930
....Did I just get spoiled on VLR?
>>
>>343094102
>by making you follow his point of view as he stands up/writhes in pain
so, when the camera is panning around the rooms it's the old man flying around?
What about histories, where he's dead?
>>
>>343093941
Its already been spoiled. everyone knows brother is Q and the ending is shit.
>>
>>343094285
Not really, now get out! We dont use spoiler tags for VLR.
>>
>you can just shove a card under the watch and everything will be fine
REEEEEEEEEEE, it was stupid in VLR (cover it in foil and it falls off) and it was stupid here.
>>
>>343094285
why the fuck are you even in this thread if you haven't played the previous games?
>>
>Nintendo Eshop STILL doesnt have it.

COME THE FUCK ON NINTENDO
>>
>>343093592
Depending on how you comprehend what was said, this could possibly be a retcon:

>Q41: Doctor Klim knows the “original Luna” from the test site. This means that in subsequent loops Young Sigma would never see the original Luna, right? So would Sigma be basing Luna on the Luna he met during the Nonary Game?

>The original Luna is a survivor of the disaster, so Young Sigma would meet her on the Moon. Luna is created with her as a base.

Seems like he's saying that the "original Luna" (obviously Diana) was met on the moon. Although there's a previous answer where he talks about the person Luna is based off of was someone Sigma met and connected with at the crash site.

ALSO

>Q44: Can all ESPers have the ability to jump, if under the right circumstances? If not, what makes Sigma, Phi, and ?/Kyle so special?

>Actually, in terms of setting, only a few number of ESPers can jump. And I can only say that they were born with these special powers. It’s the same as, why can Usain Bolt run 100 meters in 9.58 seconds? Of course it is a result of him undergoing intense training, but it doesn’t mean if everyone trains they can all run 100 m in 9.58 seconds either.

Remember when ESPers were rare, /v/? Peppridge Farm remembers.
>>
>>343094357
Read the entire post, nigger. I'm saying the game did try to imply it, but it not being consistent with it contradicts the possibility. Uchi fucked up.
>>
I just hate how cheesy the final act got. Zero acted way too cartoony, and his special ability was pretty lame.

The final act didn't even feel like it was part of the series, the tone was way out there
>>
>>343093771
Yeah, but it feels unsatisfying when it's a single mastermind behind it all instead of a casual thing that happens because people fucking with time.
If I think about it, two SHIFTers with their own goals each acting and reacting to each other, trying to make their own timelines happen would have been cool
>>
>>343094502
Nintendo is really fucking dumb about these things, half the time I wonder if they even realize what they're doing Brother is Q and just how shitty their employees running the fucking eshop servers can be.

This is inexcusible.
>>
>>343094518
Young Sigma would meet her on the moon for the first time.
>>
How do I proceed after getting Crossbow and VLR End? I don't have any more exclamation points and the only decision games I haven't finished are the ones regarding the killer(s), Door of Truth, Force Quit Box, and the dice game I assume I can't win.. The last one is the only one I think I can possibly proceed on.
>>
>>343094634
That's what a lot of us thought ZTD would be about. Basically Akane vs. Brother.

>>343094648
You should have removed "what they're doing" for a seamless sentence.
>>
>>343094620
>I was the good guy all along!
Yeah, shame that you cant shoot him at the end as Carlos
>>
>>343094518
That isn't a retcon. Young Sigma hops back into his body after the events of ZTD, so "Young Sigma" doesn't meet her until he arrives on the moon.

Pretty sure there's a file that even shows a convo between Dianna and Young Sigma
>>
>>343094749
You can win the dice game.
>>
>>343094357
remember the control room his glasses are video feed connected with audio, he can watch everybody through the cameras
and about other stories when we enter a player like carlos or diana in a timeline he is alive he can read their memories (and ours) and learn what happened in the timelines he was already dead, remember that everytime we shift from character to other we are bringing more and more info from the morphogenetic field
>>
>>343094749
have you executed all the teams and saved them?
you have to vote as two teams against one

You can win the dice game
>>
>>343094450
I thought it was clever in VLR. It's stupid in ZTD.

It's double stupid because I'm just now realizing we were barely told about the functions of the watch or how Zero was keeping track of who was dead and who was still alive. It's like the publisher told Uchi at the last minute, "oh yeah, we need to sell watches. there needs to be one in game." and Uchi just went" oops, i forgot, k there's a watch in the game. it tells the hour".
>>
>>343094518
>Remember when ESPers were rare, /v/?
No. 999 had 5 (Akane, Clover, Snake, Santa, Junpei), VLR technically had 5 (Sigma, Tenmyouji, Sigma, Phi, K) and ZTD had 7, most of them being from previous games.
>>
How did Zero set this up in multiple timelines in the first place? Delta can't Shift, he can only read minds. But he set this all up in every timeline, and can even predict when people will meet him after his death in alternate timelines.
>>
>>343094634
>If I think about it, two SHIFTers with their own goals each acting and reacting to each other, trying to make their own timelines happen would have been cool
Have you seen the movie Primer? It's kind of like that.
>>
>>343095075
See
>>343088721
Probably aliens ayyyyyy
but no: Just bootstrap paradox.
I know it is stupid and every other time there was an explanation about how zero knew how to setup the game, but we are not given one here.
>>
>>343092727
>>343092404
>Q2
not answered, snake (and clover) is irrelevant in ZTD, are they even mentioned?
>Q10
they mention he is working for crash keys during ZTD so if he isn't dead due to radical six he was probably doing that during VLr
>Q21
not answered
>Q22
we learn that brother was raised in the early 20ths century so it isn't far fetched that he made free the soul around the same time
>Q50
not answered, we learn what ace, lotus, santa and seven did the year after 999 but not much else
Q56
see Q22

half assed it and maybe i missed things but i think that's about right
>>
File: fugrb.jpg (24 KB, 255x207) Image search: [Google]
fugrb.jpg
24 KB, 255x207
>>343082279
>he said not to call amazon customer service about it
SHIT. Wish I read that sooner, hope I didn't fuck everything up for myself by calling pajeet and having him try indian magic to see what was going on with my watch
>>
>>343095075
Have you forgotten about his quantum computer that can basically shift to every alternate history?
>>
>>343094749
To quell Eric's autistic rage, you can do two things, one is to give him a random answer. The other is to time out.
>>
>>343094465
Zeitgeist?
>>
>>343089042
You really are fucking dumb aren't you?

>They were informed about a week ago

And do you honestly believe that a big company like Amazon can adapt to changes like that within a week? Have you even worked at a large distribution/shipping company to even have a gall to say that a week is more than enough for them to (1) check which watches are broken and which ones aren't, (2) determine which consumers will be affected by this, (3) inform the consumers affected about the broken watches, (4) find a way to compensate them even though it's not their fault that the watches were broken, (5) separate the broken watches from the games and (6) have the game shipped to everyone. All within a fucking week, because hey, your almighty genius ass said that Amazon can do it within a week.

Also, if you had a chance to order the watches before, you'd know that they just shrink-wrapped it along with the game.

>Amazon fucking up VLR watches
But whose fault was it that Aksys cannot fulfill all orders AND THEN sell the watches on their website, thereby fucking every single one who ordered "late"? Oh that's right, it's fucking Aksys' fault.

Also, let's not forget that there were other people who got the watch bonus after the release date, because Aksys decided that they'll be shipping some extra watches over to Amazon. How do I know this? 'Cause I got one of the watches even though I ordered the game a month after the release and I asked someone from Aksys about it.

> I just want my game so I can play it now.
Then fucking buy it in Gamestop or Best Buy. I'd be fucking happy if you bought it in BB, 'cause I worked for them.
>>
>>343095208
>Have you seen the movie Primer? It's kind of like that.
Well, time to watch a movie to get this bitter taste out of my mouth.
>>
>>343095075
everything was already set and his image was all recordings, after coincide if they lost and started the game the whole shelter started to autoplay everything, and sean bots moved each person to fix the next scenario
>>
>>343095337
>>343095247
oh yeah, I forgot about the ayylmaos. He could shift or send back information every 10 months
>>
>ALIEN MACHINE OUT OF NOWHERE
and the award for biggest asspull of the century goes to....
>>
I'm playing it right now
Are the puzzles hard as in VLR?
>>
File: ZKD.jpg (259 KB, 957x653) Image search: [Google]
ZKD.jpg
259 KB, 957x653
Curiously enough, these were the only "look forward to the next game!" answers in the Q&A (aside from one or maybe two that actually were answered, like Aoi's).

And I misremembered that there was nothing about lion motifs so I reckon that was never planned on being explained because reasons.
>>
File: its all here.jpg (271 KB, 699x796) Image search: [Google]
its all here.jpg
271 KB, 699x796
do not open this
>>
>>343095954
o lawd which VN had GIANT FISHES and how was that relevant to its plot?
>>
>>343095954
>no panties
I'VE BEEN ROBBED
>>
>>343095780
No. There's no difficulty setting so it's basically VLR's Easy mode and even then the puzzles are pretty simple most of the time, the only times I got stuck in this game was because I couldn't figure out how to get the game to let me do what I wanted to or missing some tiny piece of paper in the room that is barely visible on a 3ds size screen.

The puzzles are a huge step down from VLR, especially since there's no extra thing like gold files and there aren't even that many puzzle rooms to begin with.
>>
>>343094395
>>343094465
>These newfags

Sigh. I guess the old VLR crew really has left /v/
>>
>>343095284
Ace was answered
>>
>>343096179
That was Aoi, not Ace. Read slower, friend.
>>
>>343096127
Ever 17. it wasn't.
>>
>>343096127
Ever17 and they use it to weigh down a broken elevator so it will go down.
>>
>>343095780
VLR wasn't hard.

Most puzzles in this game are straightforward. If you think a puzzle expects you to do something retarded or something incredibly annoying, then look no more! Go ahead and do it, it's the right answer.

In particular the control room, healing room and transporter room are the worst offenders of being annoying, but I wouldn't say they are hard.
>>
>>343096179
They just say that he's in prison, not what happens to him when Radical 6 hits.
>>
>>343096179
eh sure i guess we can give him that one

i'd say the question in itself isn't really answered but we do learn that ace is still in prison so i guess it counts?
>>
>>343096370
>>343096380
Oh shit I completely forgot about that giant fish. It's been like 6-7 years since I've read it.
>>
>>343094389
How is Q brother when he can't be more than 10 years old?
>>
>>343096504
You're thinking about Shawn, the boy robot with the helmet
>>
>>343095954
There really wasn't any info dumping in ZTD, which is regrettable.
>>
>>343096594
>Hey, want to hear about a random paradox or theory?
>>
>>343096504
Sean, the boy, is not Q.
>>
>>343096594
>There really wasn't any info dumping in ZTD
did we play the same game?
>>
>2 Carlos exist in every timeline
2nd one doesn't do shit except "lol I waited 10 months"
Doesn't even bother saving Sigma and Diana
>>
>>343096504
Q is the magic old man, that everyone ignores for the 90% of the game
>>
File: 1457570886429.gif (967 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1457570886429.gif
967 KB, 250x188
> Have had no problems with any puzzles so far.
> Get to Biolab final puzzle involving the order of the specimens and the capsules.
> Overthink it super fucking hard, believe the missing capsules are the spots next to where the corresponding specimen should be located, among other insane theories.
> Mfw it was literally just spelt out 1, 2, 3, 5 for me and I overlooked it every time.
>>
>>343096902
Carlos B is an idiot
>>
>>343096902
>2 Carlos exist in every timeline
Also 2 Miras if we go with the epilogue files.
>>
>>343096682
The game was short on random paradox and theories desu, and they were mostly used to point at the correct solution for a puzzle so they limited them to the really simple ones. The Monty Hall one doesn't even qualify as a puzzle.

>>343096732
Apparently not. I would have been more willing to accept AYYLIUMS if it had been bundled with a spooky info dump on the implications of a universe where there's intelligent life more advanced than that us.
>>
>>343079791
Is it necessary to have played the other games to enjoy this one? I consider getting it on steam, the premise sounds interesting.
>>
>>343097293
>going into a VN on the third game

Do you think thats a good idea?
>>
>>343097414
He might be less disappointed if he does.
>>
>>343097293
you dont need the other games to enjoy this one
the vlr and 999 fans hate that
>>
>>343097053
Oh my fucking god
>>
>>343097293
Yes. You won't have any idea of the pre-existing relationships between half the characters. Also the other games are much better so play those instead.
>>
>>343097293
both 999 and VLR are much better games than ZTD
>>
>>343097483
"Oh my fucking god, you're retarded", because I was, or "Oh my fucking god, I'm retarded" and you did the same thing?

I mean, at least I didn't crack and look it up. That would have been a very large blow.
>>
>>343097549
ehh vlr has big problems ztd has not
>>
Hey... Sleep with me anon...
>>
>>343097990
Haven't played ZTD yet, but imo VLR>>>>999.
>>
>>343098146
What's wrong? DO YOU NOT HAVE THE BALLS?
>>
>>343098146
I'm sorry Diana but I respect you too much to ever give you my 18 dong
>>
>>343097990
ZTD would have been a better VLR if they didn't drop the ball 2/3rds of the way through. That last third really drops it below VLR in my opinion.
>>
>>343097940
I'm retarded
>>
>>343098265
I'd rank them
ZTD (the first two thirds)>999>>>VLR>>>>>>>ZTD (last third)
>>
File: shower-head.jpg (74 KB, 650x359) Image search: [Google]
shower-head.jpg
74 KB, 650x359
what deaths fucked you up?
>>
>>343098813
It was hard to take any of the deaths seriously when the animation is so bad
>>
>>343098813
Gab
>>
File: 1430433845717.png (1 MB, 1067x1077) Image search: [Google]
1430433845717.png
1 MB, 1067x1077
>>343098813
>"it's just a mannequin guys!"
>finish the room.
>it wasn't a mannequin.
>>
File: 1453895661732.png (180 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
1453895661732.png
180 KB, 500x679
>>343098972
Dogs should never die.
>>
>>343096902
I still think the Carlos B thing works like Akane in the armor in VLR, only in the exact timeline he would appear in those clothes and save them, in other dimensions he doesn't exist
>>
>>343099073
That got me too even though I knew it was real. Maybe because it was the first fragment I did.
>>
>>343099073
Unfortunately I already saw the "flashback" so I knew what was gonna happen
>>
>>343099073
>don't even get to see him getting killed. Just get told that Mira did it, no justification or even reasoning is provided
Fuck I was looking forward to the resolution of that the entire game and it turned out to be literally nothing.
>>
>>343099073
this one and gattling guns both of them, but the second was worst!
>>
File: 1411674123492.jpg (328 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1411674123492.jpg
328 KB, 840x700
>>343098813
only one
Gab's
>>
>>343099073
>Junpei is missing
>Look at all those squishy "fake" body parts

Wow, who could have seen that coming.
>>
>>343099520
man, gatling guns built into medieval armor was so ridiculous, that I couldnt take it seriously
>>
>>343099335
It's bullshit that it turned out to be her because you are lead to believe that she's a methodical killer that always removes her victim's hearts. Except lel no this time she just chopped him into pieces for literally no reason :^)
>>
>>343099638
>>343099520
>>343099335

I call fucking bullshit. Akane would have seen that arm or leg and imeediately recognized it, his pants and shirt were still on, theres no way Akane would just go, oh its fake. Shes held him before not even a year ago, she KNOWS him. Thats like coming home and finding random female body parts on your bed, and your wife missing, you'd KNOW its your wife.

What a bullshit twist, True emotions and comon sense would have debunked that immediately if not for the writing.

ESPECIALLY with now perceptive Akane is, she just went full retard this entire game and I hate it.
>>
How did Zero know about the snail if the one that made the decision was murdered?
>>
>>343100134
He was the man who the victim said "Because there was a snail" to
>>
File: Ancient-Aliens.jpg (24 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
Ancient-Aliens.jpg
24 KB, 500x436
>>343100134
>>
>>343100134
He MINDFUCKED Mira
>>
>>343100134
eric's mom said to a dude she went to a different path because a snail was in her way
>>
>concept art shows Junpei in a leather jacket
>never wears one at all in the game
Junpei was such a fag in this game holy shit.
>>
In the transporter room. PLEASE I AM A RETARD WHAT 4 CARDS AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT IN VERTICALLY I'VE BEEN STUCK FOR AN HOUR
>>
File: Zero.jpg (37 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Zero.jpg
37 KB, 210x240
>>
>>343100414
that was his mom? when was it said?
did he know that and married her anyway?
>>
>>343091262
This is what pisses me off the most. People who preordered standard edition like last week are getting it before us. I was going to just cancel and go buy it but no gamestop within 50 miles had an extra copy.
>>
>>343100618
look at the glowing symbols, they will say the number that you get from multiplying them
literally insert that number and copy the vertical result

it was so stupid that I couldnt believe it myself
>>
>>343091262
>So we've reached the point in video games where pre-ordering gets you the game a month after everyone else

No, We've reached the point where Amazon is just dumb with orders as usual.

Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and even fucking Toys R US got their stock in time. Amazon is the only one to blame. and this is NOT the first time they've fucked up orders. They do this periodically with comic merchandise, videogame orders, limited tickets for stadium events, etc.
>>
>>343100750
Jesus pay attention next time
>>
>>343100974
okay i got it thanks friend
>>
>>343100991
I don't see how it's amazon's fault that they did not receive the stock on time, which is basically what Danny and Aksys are admitting on twitter today. Yesterday they tried to claim the stock was there but now they're backtracking. The thing amazon is fucked up for is not sending the copies they now have based on who ordered first
>>
>>343101152
How could I EVER forget that literally everyone is related
>>
>>343096127
999 had a giant shark in the torture room.
>>
>>343098813
Not a shown death, but the fact that Diana, Sigma and babies Phi and Delta probably starved to death
>>
>>343099849
That and how their reaction to losing the dice was pure comedy.

Junpei: You will listen to our passwords Akane and Carlos and I will act as a shield to protect you

Carlos:.... THE FUCK!?
>>
>>343079791
No store in my stae has the game. Amazon is shit. Did they fucking print enough copies of the game?

Sigh. I had to get it off the eshop.

My dreams of homebrew are done. I couldn't be bothered with fucking following a 36 step guide just to update to then do a hombrew guide before playing the guide. Sigh.
>>
>>343102303
Na, they used the bomb, hold hands and looked each other in the eyes before getting blown into pieces with baby phi and delta all over the wall
>>
File: download.png (10 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 197x255
I'm so confused...

So I just got back from the Los Angeles Zero Escape Event. It was really fun, but I played (Hacked) ZTD beforehand.

The plot of the Escape game is you're hired by SOIS and briefed by Clover and Alice to infiltrate the Dcom facility and stop Zero.

According to the briefing, they "Just got back from an out of body experience" Which hints at the alien transfer pods.

Its essentially a training missions for ZTD. But, Why the fuck are Clover and Alice relevant in a PR stunt and blatant advertisement, but then have no relevance what-so-ever in the actual thing?

Does this mean Uchi talking about clover and Alice returning was literally for nothing more then this public event? What the fuck.

Event was fun though, We had 3 girls who were all psyched, and one guy who was a total bro.
>>
>>343102492
wasn't the white bomb container empty at that point? I think Diana mentioned it.
>>
>>343102303
They could probaly solve the healing's room puzzle and push the blue botton to face death with dignity
>>343102628
It was so they couldnt escape a la vlr end
>>
>>343102628
Ah shit right, zero must have done that so they can't escape. K, just make the same with shooting themselves and baby phi and baby delta brain all over the wall.
>>
>>343102475
No gamestop around me has it. Is walmart of best buy stocking the game in store? It really does seem like they didn't make a lot of copies.
>>
I just got the ending that links back to Virtue's Last Reward

;_;
>>
>>343102575
>Why the fuck are Clover and Alice relevant in a PR stunt
They are recognizable characters from the series
also ass and titties
>>
>>343102845
most of the endings are better than the final one
>>
>>343102492
>>343102628
Delta can only view stuff that happened while he was alive, so Delta was probably inside the shelter overseeing them those 10 months. I have the hope he let them free after they sent the babies to the past.

How come during those 10 months they couldn't figure out the fact that all the lounges are connected? All they needed to do was throw a chair at any wall. They could've at least extended their lives, or the quality of their meals, from the pantry.
>>
>>343102303
How could you forget the part where Sigma gives Gab the last cracker?
;_;
>>
Can I play this game before the older ones in the series?
>>
>>343103057
But anon, all three lounges are the same one
>>
>>343103136
Why is everyone else in this thread so attached to the dog? I barely even noticed him. He was just a shitty old mutt
>>
>>343103057
>Delta can only view stuff that happened while he was alive
Or when he MIND HACKs someone. What we see could just be Delta watching their memories of the timeline
>>
>>343103231
Yes, that's what I meant. How come they didn't found out about it in 10 months?
>>
>>343103057
Once Sigma got his 18 inch Σ going inside Diana there was no energy to waste on banging walls, anon.
>>
>>343103230
The game will be less fun. But I ere the true ending shis on the events of the past two games.
>>
>>343103434
Maybe they did in another timeline. It just wasn't in Delta's interest to observe that one.
>>
>>343103434
They were busy making babies
>>
>>343103589
Why not having them bang against a wall?
>>
SLEEP WITH ME
>>
Can someone spoil me on whether or not Junpei and Akane get a happy ending together?
>>
>>343103935
They do
>>
>>343103935
Akane gets brutally raped and Junpei watches in shock.
>>
The aksys fuckups just keep on acoming
>>
>>343103230
yes, but it will spoil the biggest twist from the second game
>>
so phi was patient zero for radical 6 and she got infected again when she went to the moon base? or am i getting this wrong? wouldn't she have built immunity?
>>
>>343103930
>he does it
>the absolute madman

>>343103935
yes they do in post-game files, just a little bit of text, you don't even get an alternate ending like in VLR
>>
>Pre-ordered back in July
>Will have to cancel and just pirate the 3DS version instead of getting the watch edition Vita version if I want it this week

You forced my hand Aksys you shitters
>>
File: 1449383387091.jpg (140 KB, 1279x960) Image search: [Google]
1449383387091.jpg
140 KB, 1279x960
>mfw want to buy it early to avoid spoilers
>No money
>Want to pirate to circumvent this but then I'm not supporting the dev
I thought getting a job meant I'd have money to spend, fuck.
>>
File: 1449692065794s.jpg (4 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1449692065794s.jpg
4 KB, 250x187
>Ask my girlfriend if she wants to do the Horizontal Tango
>She says no
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.