[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game good? Do I need to know shit about JoJo to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 2627948-7994419015-91kMM.jpg (523 KB, 1304x1500) Image search: [Google]
2627948-7994419015-91kMM.jpg
523 KB, 1304x1500
Is this game good?

Do I need to know shit about JoJo to get anything out of it? I've only seen a bit of the anime, but enjoyed it.
>>
It's only good for fanservice, so don't bother unless you've read the manga and are all caught up.
>>
>>343059291
Still better than Eyes over heaven though
>>
>>343059473
meant for>>343059420
>>
>>343059291
it's literally all about putting the Jojo universe's characters duke it out. The story mode super summarizes the plots of the different parts, and makes the biggest fight scenes into combat stages.

I'd recommend watching at least the 3 parts before playing this. Part 4 is playing ATM.
>>
>>343059291
Read the manga before playing any newer JoJo game.
1.It's worth it in itself
2.Their best part is always fanservice
>>
File: 1397429514158.jpg (335 KB, 676x485) Image search: [Google]
1397429514158.jpg
335 KB, 676x485
a lot of the game will be missed on you. the game is an "ok" fighter at best, its fun for a bit but most of the enjoyment comes from fanservice and refrences to the manga. prety much everything the game does is a refrence some how, its a nice love letter tot he fans. if you know fuck all about jojo... go read jojo then play the game because jojo is worth a read anyway in all its bizzare messyness.

>>343059420
TL;DR what he said
>>
>>343059530
Definitely, but that's not saying much.
>>
File: 1403404867602.png (91 KB, 356x1768) Image search: [Google]
1403404867602.png
91 KB, 356x1768
>>343059420
This, your enjoyment will be at it's peak when you've read Phantom Blood all the way to SBR. Hop to it.
>>
>>343059550
It would be a very bad idea to do this. You're much better off just experiencing the story through the manga rather than have it ruined for you by experiencing it through ASB.
>>
File: Dio in other parts.jpg (870 KB, 540x2750) Image search: [Google]
Dio in other parts.jpg
870 KB, 540x2750
It's not a bad game by any means. However, its status as a fightan' game has "failed" since no tournaments or events with it have taken off (unlike the the older one, Heritage for the Future)

However, it's so full of references and citations to the manga (especially the costumes - which almost all reference the issue covers) that I can't help but enjoy it, even if the gameplay is not so stellar.
>>
>>343059550
this it's pretty much a taste of what they could with Jojo fighters and it just needed more refinement with a sequel but they gave us Eyes instead. Hopefully they go back to ASB
>>
>>343059861
>dio in part 4

Kek'd
>>
>>343059291
As a Jojo game, it's great. As a fighting game, not so much.

The devs were pretty dedicated, you know. A lot of powers remain intact, which immediately creates a lot of balance issues. Stands will fuck over anyone without a stand, since you end up being able to punch faster and harder and further than most people. Then you have time stoppers like Dio. What the fuck are you supposed to do about that? It's guaranteed free hits every time they have a bit of meter. Then you have Johnny, who is literally crippled and unless you become proficient with him you're going to fucking HATE using him.

But hell, it's still a great Jojo game. Throw away any notions of a fair and balanced game, because Jojo doesn't have fair and balanced characters.
>>
File: GER.gif (967 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
GER.gif
967 KB, 400x225
>>343060697
>because Jojo doesn't have fair and balanced characters.

Heh.
>>
Should I watch the anime up through part 4 and then continue with the manga, or just read the manga the whole way through?
>>
>>343061193
Here comes my opinion (which isn't the real /a/ consensus however).

Watch all the anime 'till Part 4 ends, then read up 'till the end of the manga. No point waiting a year while you could read it.

Still, Part 5 still has some lousy translations that kind of ruin a few of the dialogues. (If you're Italian like me, though, you're in luck - since Part 5 is in Italy and the translations are on point here)
>>
>>343060697
This anon gets it.
>>
>>343060829
>Golden Experience Requiem is so broken that it completely nullifies the effects of Made In Heaven, the other stand that's completely broken.
>GER can still be negated by Another One Bites the Dust
>So.... Killer Queen is the most broken stand, I guess?
>>
It's a bad fighting game, it's a very good fan service game especially if you have someone to play with. Enjoy it for what it is especially if you're a fan of the series.
>>
>>343060697
they actually had it balanced okay. Stand users werent that far ahead, plus you got the likes of Joseph and Johnathon shitting on stand users habitually. Time stop was no where near prominent as it was in HFTF, because meter building wasn't that generous. the most broken in the game where Pucci where if you reach heaven, you just win and Valentine who could just stockpile his meter, hold you off on just his normals then at the last minute when he when it gets down to the wire, trade all 3 of them for a full heal and even they have numerous conditions and ways to prevent abuse
>>
>>343062170
Apparently both Kira and Givornio counter Made in Heaven. Another One Bites the Dust will cancel all transformations (also works on Ultimate Kars) and Golden Experience Requiem isn't affected by Heaven.
>>
>>343062170
Actually back when people were actually playing the game and analyzing the characters everyone agreed Valentine was by far the weakest and that all the hamon users were some of the strongest characters in the game.
>>
>>343061193
im the type of guy who prefers to read the origional sauce material first, so id say if the manga came before the anime, read the manga first, then you can apreciate the anime more for seeing all your favourite parts animated.

but jojo part 1-3 is... a weird read... mainly because the scans are inconsistant in quality and the translations dont make sense sometimes... so id say it would be fair if someone couldnt sit through reading it
>>
>>343062483
And that full heal move he could do is why is weaker than he could have been,
>>
>>343059562
Did that really happen
>>
>>343063513
the pic?

something very similar happens, but i dont think its word for word, just an edit, but the pillarman (forgot his name) predicts what joseph is about to say (joseph does it throught the series) and it sends him into a bit of a panic
>>
>>343059473
Definitely. I can't understand why they didn't make a proper sequel for this?
>>
>>343064314
It would've taken more effort, and characters fighting alongside each other as pairs makes for a great selling point, especially with the series having such a large fujo fanbase.

It's a shame we're probably through with part crossover games now that EOH sold ten times less than ASB though.
>>
>>343064796
I have no intention of getting EOH even if it has Diego Brando.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.