[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Delayed past March 2017 release window >Isn't a hybrid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6
File: Mario_Sad.jpg (36 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Sad.jpg
36 KB, 658x370
>Delayed past March 2017 release window
>Isn't a hybrid console
>Doesn't use industry standard AMD GCN architecture making porting games harder for developers
>Will utilize substandard flash carts with less capacity then a single layer blu-ray disk to save on cost
>Heavy amiibo integration in first party games which locks out major content on disk/cart
>Will utilize some gimmick which will alienate third party developers, resulting in the first batch of games being lazy ports of long existing titles slowly leading to all third party support drying up again
>Will have a tiny hard-drive with barely enough capacity to support content bought on the nintendo store
>No backwards compatibility with Wii U except through paid digital download of games from their store
>Launch lineup will consist of Legend of Zelda:BotW and a whole host of ported games from up to three years ago
>Next to no indie support

What are your predictions for the NX? Will it be a clusterfuck like I'm expecting or will it be something actually worth sinking a few hundred dollars in?
>>
Only your first meme arrow is true.
Try harder
>>
>>343058231
>Doesn't use industry standard AMD GCN architecture making porting games harder for developers
This is quite a shame really.

The Wii U cpu chip is so small and chapass, it wouldn't have cost Nintendo that much to include it on the side, next to a large AMD APU.

The Wii U graphics could easily be emulated by the new APU.
>>
Not like any of that matters.
Nintendo fans will buy it, regardless of quality.
>>
>>343058231

Please retire this meme. Only technically illiterate people say this.

Game developers do not program in assembly any more. The architecture of the CPU and the GPU is utterly fucking irrelevant for porting games.

Every single fucking console game is written in C++ which is a universal programming language, and all games for non-Microsoft platforms use the OpenGL API.

The Wii U not having an x86 architecture literally meant JACK SHIT to developers. Everybody fell for the "muh x86 architecture means we are developer friendly" meme that Sony's PR department was putting out.
>>
>>343059218
This.
Third parties are just too stupid, lazy and mediocre to understand Nintendo's hardware.
>>
Wait, it is delayed?
>>
Why everyone cares about third party games so much? Nintendo doesn't need them.
>>
>NX

LOL more like more like more like eiojherijhdsfnklan.,mzfnlkf
>>
>>343059629
The problem doesn't seem to be 3rd parties though. They make games on the 360 that look so much better than any games on the wii u.
>>
i would show you how many times Mario_Sad.jpg has been posted on /v/, but fireden is acting up right now
>>
>>343058231
They should just stop the Fucking bullshit already and go third party. Nobody is interested in Nintendo hardware anymore.

Just bring Mario/Zelda/Metroid to pc/Xbox/ps

They're delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>343059218
The result doesn't change though. Third party support for the Wii and the Wii U is awefull. The NX will have the same fate and will be the final nail in the Nintendo coffin.
>>
>>343059796
>They make games on the 360 that look so much better than any games on the wii u.

1) There is 10 years of experience in 360 developer

2) Literally no Wii U ports were ported by the original developers. They were farmed out to third world studios on the lowest bidding contract. The only Wii U port ported by the original company (Criterion) to my knowledge was Need for Speed Most Wanted U, which is far superior on the Wii U than the 360 and PS3.
>>
>>343059959
>1) There is 10 years of experience in 360 developer
So? Nintendo has had 16 years of experience with the Wii U hardware.
>>
File: image.png (110 KB, 286x217) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 286x217
>>343059937
>>
>>343060045
Memeface all you want but it's true.
>>
NX sounds like the dutch word niks which means nothing.
Which is what this console is, absolutely nothing.
>>
>>343059685
Please reply ;_;
>>
there is no evidence of the NX being a cartridge system other than the trademark registration for zelda mentioning carts, which is not something they're obligated to do. you can broadly register a trademark for areas within an industry that you are not using yet, and potentially may never use.
>>
>>343060014
You tried to be funny but it's not true at all.

It's like saying your PC uses 36 year old hardware because it's x86.

The Wii U's GPU is completely different to the Wii's GPU.
>>
>>343060242
>It's like saying your PC uses 36 year old hardware because it's x86.
Nah mate. My PC processor actually updated its pipeline structure and instruction sets over the decades, unlike Nintendo's.
>>
>>343060341
The PowerPC doesn't need to substantially update its pipeline structure because it's a classic 4-stage RISC design.

We know the instruction set had to as a minimum change somewhat to accommodate multiprocessing for 3 cores.
>>
>buying Nintendo hardware for anything other than Nintendo software

Why? Stop.

Nintendo + [insert ps4/Xbone/PC here]
>>
>>343058231
I will say that size has never really been an issue with Nintendo games. Even their Wii U games are mostly under 5GB
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 330x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 330x315
>>343060095
>>
>>343060656
>[insert ps4/Xbone/PC here]
Just one of these is really more than enough. You can cut out the superfluous trash.
>>
>>343060095
>Port Ninty games to muh PC
this meme is still alive? everyone knows nintendo would go bankrupt before that shit happens. But in all fairness, With the NX looking like the next flop, bankruptcy dosen't look that farfetched anymore man
>>
>>343060810
The shareholders would have buttraped your nintendo ceo long before he could prevent those ports.
>>
>>343060536
>this cpu from 1997 doesn't need update to its pipeline because it's classic feces
>>
>>343060706
Its a huge issue if you wanted to port games like say GTA 5 to the NX. Hell dual layer blu-rays aren't big enough for a game like that to run off disk only and results in a need to install the extra data to the hard-drive just so the game will run. And this is a trend which is becoming more commonplace not less. If the NX doesn't at least have 50gb storage capacity on its carts then third parties are going to avoid the NX like the plague.
>>
>>343061356
>Needing 50GB+ for a game

Don't chock it full of cutscenes and then you won't have any space issues
>>
>>343058231
Pretty good predictions. Had me thinking it was real there.
>>
>>343060953
Pointless Fact: The New Horizons probe launched by NASA in 2006 uses a Playstation 1 MIPS R3000 CPU.
>>
>>343061462
Do cutscenes take that much space? Aren't cutscenes mostly animation data? How much does that cost?
>>
>>343061538
I don't care either way.

If NX gets updated modern hardware, then we're better off.
If NX keeps its ancient shit, then we get another 4 years of laughs.

It's a win/win.
>>
>>343060152
>>343059685
nah it's just a shitty prediction anon made. read post more carefully

>What are your predictions for the NX?
>>
File: final-fantasy-13-movies[1].png (53 KB, 728x633) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-13-movies[1].png
53 KB, 728x633
>>343061625
Its one of the only reasons why games are so absurdly large these days.
>>
>>343061787
Wii was using ancient shit and Nintendo had 4 years of laughs
>>
>>343062038
Please be my guest and re-launch the Wii again and see what happens.
>>
>>343061942
I've also heard rumors that some companies have blatantly bloated there games on purpose to make them not only seem bigger than they actually are. But also in the hopes that bloated size will discourage piracy.
>>
>>343061625
Cutscenes are always hueg, was one of the reasons why FF7 needed three discs.
Shit was advertised with TWO HOURS OF CUTSCENES.

Back then devs used to compress their videos properly though, these days they can just shit the full files onto a double layer bluray and call it a day.
>>
>>343061942
I'm not so sure about that. If you take the last of us's cutscenes, that's like 1:39:00. If you take Other M's, it's 2:12:00. Granted, I believe a lot of cutscenes in TLOU are actually during gameplay, so if you cut that out, then it artificially lowers the time. But still...
>>
>>343059938
>The result doesn't change though. Third party support for the Wii and the Wii U is awefull. The NX will have the same fate and will be the final nail in the Nintendo coffin.

This has nothing to do with what you're replying to.
>>
>>343058231
Could it be because indie devlopers aren't given a devloper version of the console because they are indie?
>>
>>343062264
But in FF?&'s day, most of the cutscenes were pre-rendered. Many, if not all cutscenes today are real time. If Final Fantasy 7 animated real time cutscenes, would that cost the same? Just to puppet the figures around and play some audio clips?
>>
>>343062530
Many games still utilize prerendered cutscenes, just less of them.
>>
>>343062264
>>343061625
>>343062530
It's mostly audio that takes up all that place
>>
The Xtreme got delayed?
>>
>>343059737
Because Nintendo can not provide an entire library by themselves. The Wii U is proof of that. There are massive game droughts in between each major release.
>>
I still think the earliest predictions of the console will hold true: NX will be a hybrid home console/hybrid.

The 3DS came out in 2011. Nintendo has not made any kind of hint to a successor.
>>
>>343064625
*home console/handheld

Fucking auto-correct.
>>
>>343058231
Looks like nintendo is falling into the same trap.

>Will utilize substandard flash carts with less capacity then a single layer blu-ray disk to save on cost
I don't know about this. There are SD cards that can hold 64GB+ right now that are cheap as fuck.
>>
>>343065323
Why do you bother lying? You're no better than OP.
>>
>>343065434
I'm not lying, I'm the guy who leaked out the Xbox Scorpio a few months back.
>>
>>343058231 (OP)
As someone who has a dev kit, I can tell you that.

>Delayed past March 2017 release window
It will be released in March.
>Isn't a hybrid console
True, it's a series of systems that can play the same games, handheld uses a weaker chip set however.
>Doesn't use industry standard AMD GCN architecture making porting games harder for developers.
Half right, the NX is using s Cortex A72 with a PowerVR GTX8900
Cards will be at 128GB at launch.
>Heavy amiibo integration in first party games which locks out major content on disk/cart
NX has LESS amiibo integration then the Wii U & 3DS
>Will utilize some gimmick which will alienate third party developers, resulting in the first batch of games being lazy ports of long existing titles slowly leading to all third party support drying up again
No gimmicks, just 3 systems being alble to play the same game (for the most part).
>Will have a tiny hard-drive with barely enough capacity to support content bought on the nintendo store
At 32GB, it's only for settings/NNID/My Nintendo features and nothing else, you nead a SDXC card or a harddrive to store anything on the NX.
>No backwards compatibility with Wii U except through paid digital download of games from their store
Most of their Wii U content will be remade but just to strip out forced Game Pad stuff and 1080p60.
>Launch lineup will consist of Legend of Zelda:BotW and a whole host of ported games from up to three years ago
BoTW is not a launch game, just Wii U ports at launch.
They will be tons.
>>
>>343065660
>>343065323

Imma bite regardless.

What's backwards compatibility going to be like? All the purchased VC stuff transferable? i mean, they did add it all to the old nintendo account
>>
File: igglybuff.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
igglybuff.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>343059937
>Just bring Mario/Zelda/Metroid to Android

Fixed that for you, and for free. No need to thank me, my good man.
>>
>>343065769
No BC and VC stuff is not only transferable but it's also free to transfer and better then whats on the Wii U/3DS (no dark/blur filter and NO LAG).
>>
How did Nintendo fuck up the Wii U so bad? How did they manage to do so well with the Wii and then drop the ball?
>>
>>343059937
Even if NX flops Nintendo still has a near monopoly on the handheld market.
So in a nutshell NEVER EVER.
>>
>>343059938
>3rd part support for the Wii and Wii u was awful
It was bad on the wii u but the wii had a ton of 3rd party support.
>>
>>343059218
Neither the Wii U or the PS4 use OpenGL though.
>>
>>343058231
>no sources or facts the post
>>
>>343066156
I wonder just how it will go though.

I mean, with every day handhelds become more and more obsolete. Will a 4DS be successful enough to lift the entire company?

The 3DS is their worst selling handheld yet, selling a lot worse than the PSP even which is often seen as sort of a failure(wrongly of course) in a lot of peoples eyes.
>>
>>343059163
I won't. I've been a Nintendo fan my whole life and after the Wii u I'm done. I have 11 or so games for it and it's a good system, I'm just done with their bullshit. I'll probably get an NX at the end of its life cycle and even then only if the games are absolutely fuck amazing which they won't be
>>
Let's try to put aside our fanboy instincts for a second. Do you guys think Nintendo going full software, Sega style, would be a good thing?

I mean, for game quality I mean, not necessarily economically.
>>
>>343068124
>reading comprehension
>>
>>343068346
I think that their quality would drop, just like Segas.

Also chances are that they would just go maximum mobile and that would be lose/lose.
>>
>>343068124
OP literally says
>what are your predictions
You illiterate mong
>>
>>343058231
>NX
>Launching with Zelda and Smash
>Zero load time with a return to RAM based games
>An apperent regular controller
I think it will do much better than the WiiU.
>>
>>343068847
I think their time is just sort of over. They just don't have the audience anymore to support their businesses.

What normie is gonna go out buy a NX when they already have a PS4?

What parent is gonna go out and buy their kids a NX when all they want is a tablet, a smartphone, or indeed a PS4?

The fans will buy it, but the fans are to few to support it, like the Wii U I think.

As much as people say gimmicks ruin their consoles, it's pretty much the only way I can see them getting another proper success with a console again. They need something big to separate themselves from the PS4, because not that many is gonna buy it to play Smash and CoD and AssCreed.
>>
>>343059218
you're retarded.
all GC/Wii/Wii U consoles use the same power architecture. Nintendo sticks with it because it achieves native backwards compatibility with their games If they were to switch to a x86 CPU like PS4, the power CPU instruction set would not be compatible. Thus meaning if you want to play those old Wii/Wii U games, you have to port them from Power instruction set to x86, or use shoddy software emulation.
>>
Why do people always get angry over delays? Are you a bunch of children? I mean people sent death threats when they delayed no mans sky
>>
In 2009 I had a friend jail break my ipod touch so I could play pokemon emerald and metal slug on it... why they haven't even thought about charging people for something like this is beyond me.

Nintendo could port a few dozen popular SNES, N64, GB, gba and DS games to iOS and android to become a market leader and save Nintendo.

They could make more money selling cheap $10-$20 games that are already proven hits than they ever would supporting the 13 million wii Us and 60 million 3DSs that have been sold.

>Apple would take all their money

Nintendo would be able to negotiate the commission of any marketplace that they would choose to sell their games on.
>>
>>343070789
>i had a freind jail break my ipod touch

Why? Are you too much of a worthless fucking IDIOT to do it yourself?
>>
File: zaktandj.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zaktandj.jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
>nintendo fans are still a thing

absolutely astounding, they actually think nintendo will last more than five years from now
>>
>>343071625
Sony can get 3rd party exclusives even without bribing/moneyhatting.

Though there are less of them these days compared to the PS2 days.
>>
>>343071348
Screenshotting this, will spam endlessly when Nintendo is still around 5 years from now
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.