[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a quake player picks widowmaker episode If you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1464165477507.png (598 KB, 686x634) Image search: [Google]
1464165477507.png
598 KB, 686x634
>It's a quake player picks widowmaker episode

If you do this you seriously need to fuck off back to your dead game. you aren't welcome in overwatch.
>>
bruh

B R U H
>>
>>343057169
>implying quake players would lower themselves to play overwatch
>>
>playing to win

yeesh
>>
>>343057169
Git gud!
>>
File: 1439750817496.png (140 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1439750817496.png
140 KB, 368x368
>played FPS for almost 2 decades now
>played Quake and Duke when they were the new shit
>not even a dustmote compared to the long time quake players

is it genetic or is it just literally because they played it non-stop in multiplayer for years and years on end?
>>
>>343057169
Pepeposters aren't welcome anywhere, nor are eople who keeps making Overwatch threads when there are several up.
>>
>>343057209
Do you even still play Quake? Everyone plays fuckin Overwatch.

Everyone.
>>
File: 1466808499639-v.jpg (26 KB, 328x466) Image search: [Google]
1466808499639-v.jpg
26 KB, 328x466
>>343057209
I play quake occasionally. Not falling for overshill though, the world has enough blizzcucks
>>
how is it fun when you can't even break spawn without getting headshotted

even when he was on my team it was anti-fun because I was just standing next to my turrent waiting for them to come but they never did because he killed them all
>>
Anyone ever make a game that was completely based around insta-gib?
>>
>>343057264
nah, you just suck as a general human, you'll never be actually good at anything
>>
>>343057452
Who? The blizzcucks? All my friend are back at CS:GO, League and Dota and they all regret buying this piece of shit.
>>
>>343057737
>CS:GO, League and Dota
Those are even worse games and garbage people play out of habit/addiction.

The more i read Overwatch contrarians the more i am tempted to buy it.
>>
>>343057886
sure you do Mr. Shillinger.
>>
>>343057886
>buying something because you want to be contrarian to the contrarians
clever
>>
>>343057563
So he should leave because he's too good? That sounds like some kind of dirty communism to me get the fuck out reddie
>>
>>343057886
>buying something because other people hate it
That's a really hot investment strategy. You must never regret anything you do in life.
>>
>>343058040
he should pick another hero where he can't abuse his "skill" (read: autism)
>>
TF2 had the same shitty problem.

A good sniper couldn't be countered unless you pulled some crazy rocket jump shenanigans while strafing in the air and getting in his face to fill it with bullets
>>
>>343057886
the topic isn't about the quality of those games
normies and just about everyone stopped playing your dead game, deal with it
>>
>>343058157
>if someone is good at something it must be autism
You're actually pathetic
>>
>>343058014
No, buying because the people who hates it almost everytime are the people who have shittter taste/opinions, so the game must be doing something right.
>>
>>343058335
listen mah nigga
everything has haters and fanboys
everything
ero fanfiction writers have them
it means nothing
>>
>>343058232
Any stastistics to support your claims or all you have is anecdotal evidence?

If anything last time i read OW playerbase was increasing. http://www.sportsrageous.com/gaming/gaming-news-overwatch-gets-bigger-beats-league-legends-koreas-popular-internet-game/31778/
>>
>>343057169
Sure it's problematic but these quake players won't ever break it into the competitive scene.

The way I see it, quake players only rely on death match skills and don't really/can't really grasp the meta. Quake players and to some extent cs:go players hardly use their noodles and just bank on twitch reflexes and instinct.

You won't ever see a quake player change heroes when the going gets tough because they think they can win on aim alone when Overwatch is so much more than that.

What Overwatch has that Quake never had is strategy, team coordination, and evolving game play.

Quake was always a static game reliant on sheer aim. You don't have to worry about positioning, your team mates, and changing strategies. All you do to win is have better aim than your opponent which is an easy feat. Quake players new to Overwatch will come in thinking with that one man army mentality, never caring or noticing how the game evolves before their eyes and how to counter.

I think this is why Quake is dead, game had no depth and its why ID is rebooting it with Champions. Now with heroes the game will have some depth and strategy to it but probably will be held back by its roots and never come close to the depth of Overwatch.
>>
>>343059579
>putting this much effort into a shitpost
>>
>>343058175
Even with scout you couldn't dodge that shit. The worse was lmaobox hackers, this Is why I welcome Overwatch's approach to bans. One strike and you are out.
>>
>>343059818
>I don't agree so it's automatically a shitpost.
>>
>>343058157
Are some autistic prone to having better aim?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.