[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are all those jaded fucks who said "HURR DURRR JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: sfv.png (728 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
sfv.png
728 KB, 1600x900
Where are all those jaded fucks who said "HURR DURRR JUST WAIT FOR THE SUPER HYPER ULTRA EDITION" now?

I'm glad these character updates finally shut them the fuck up. They were obnoxious as shit.
>>
Yeah, a couple more characters will solve all of this game's glaring problems.
>>
>>343053975
>Missing the point

Way to go.
>>
>>343053923
(you)
>>
>>343053923
I mean there will very likely be a "super" edition.
Just not in the way shit posters claims. I can see them releasing an edition each season with all character content at least, if not that + a few bonus dlc shit.
>>
>>343053975
> glaring problems
You mean 8 frames? Something 90% of the people that bitched won't even understand yet parrot nonstop?
>>
>>343055295
They'll probably just cut the price of the previous season's characters in half after a certain point.
>>
>>343055387
I can see them doing a soft relaunch next year just for the sake of CPT. Same systems and all that, maybe with a few minor things changed in the post Capcom Cup balance sweep, but for the most part just being a new retail version with all of season 1 bundled in with costumes, stages, and whatever else is out in 2016.

Then they'll cut the price for people that already has SFV so they don't feel completely jipped.
>>
File: 1466415579905.jpg (93 KB, 754x631) Image search: [Google]
1466415579905.jpg
93 KB, 754x631
>>343053923
>ignoring the fact that normal people won't pick up the game because of the bad news previously
the damage is done +8 frames.
>>
Game hasn't even been out for a year you fucking idiot, SSF4 didn't come out until two years after SF4.
>>
This game was an utter disappointment.
>>
>>343055821
Like it or not the game has insane staying power. It'll grow from the mediocre launch until it's much more popular. Expect a resurgence.
>>
>a few characters
>worth buying it
now fix the gameplay and the artstyle
and add the missing 30 characters
and i'll play it , because i'm not buying a shit crapcum game when they are known for forcing people to pay fucking patches
>>
>>343055910
>missing 30 characters
nice entitlement
>>
but I like playing it. it's considerably easier than USF4.
>>
>>343055891
If they make it fun I won't mind. But the launch was ducking atrocious and so is the current combo system
>>
What stopping people from just buying the 5$ used version at gamestop ?
>>
>>343055891
I expect more than the dry hump it's been so far.
>>
3 characters

Wooooowww

It only took them half a year.
>>
>>343055559
>PC
>fighting games
>>
street fighter is a shit series anyway
>>
>>343056221
Nothing. That's the best thing to do really. Don't give the capjew any shackles
>>
>>343056221
It's what sony wants for promoting used games.

Right ?
>>
>>343055891
Fuck off, Peter.
>>
4 dollar costumes is bullshit tho.
>>
>>343055910
> the missing 30 characters
Because character bloat with only 8 viable characters out of 44 was so great.
>>
>>343055381
You can cut the input lag in half on PC by turning off vsync in the .ini, so no.

I was thinking more of the bad matchmaking, slow load times even on high-end PCs, lack of in-game communication system, no Dinput controller support, and low-ceiling gameplay.
>>
Someone explain the 8 frames thing
>>
>>343053923
With the super and ultra edition if there is one . Can I just upgrade my game or do I need to buy a new one?
>>
>>343056614
Something that literally won't matter until you're playing above Platinum rank against Top 32 quality players.
>>
>>343056595
>only 8 viable characters

Top 16 at Capcom Cup 2015:

1. Kazunoko (Yun)
2. MCZ|Daigo (Evil Ryu)
3. RZR|Xian (Gen, Poison, Dhalsim)
4. /r/Kappa|Poongko (Seth)
5. RB|Snake Eyez (Zangief, Evil Ryu)
5. /r/Kappa|Misse (Makoto)
7. FGCBR|Keoma (Abel)
7. RZR|Infiltration (Decapre, Chun-Li)
9. Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
9. CCG|HumanBomb (Sakura, Sagat)
9. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
9. MD|Luffy (Rose)
13. Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, Decapre)
13. YBK|Shirou (Abel)
13. AvM|GamerBee (Elena, Adon)
13. MCZ|Mago (Yang)
>>
>>343056595
Thankfully now you can have the same amount of bloat with less characters! Enjoy your Ryu/Chun/Nash outta the ass.
>>
>>343056710
Or like, want to reactively antiair or whiff punish instead of guessing.
>>
>>343056595
>I didn't play sf4 the post

Almost any character was viable as long as you were good
>>
>>343056776
> Ryu/Necalli/Karin/Cammy/Ken/Nash/Dhalsim

Fixed that for you son. You can thank me later.
>>
>>343056614
You know how when somebody jumps over you. You have to anti air? Anti airing is one noticeably harder thing to do in Sf5 because the game reads your inputs 8 frames after you press a button (8 frames is huge, most attacks that are punishable are -2 or -3 on block)
>>
>>343056921
>Necalli/Karin/Cammy/Ken/Dhalsim
Where? Oh wait you mean 1-2 top players that play each one of them.

Then maybe you should include Gief in as well, 2 top players main him.
>>
>>343056810
> I didn't play high level SF4 the post
Characters stop being viable once you leave shitter land unless you're god like, and even then you're spending half the match fighting against the inadequacies of your character.

>>343057052
Try playing more than just bronze and silver players son.
>>
File: 1434089610660.gif (216 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1434089610660.gif
216 KB, 500x255
Here's the thing casual players don't get: fighting games constantly change and get more content, balance and system changes etc. for as long as the title stays relevant. As long as people are playing, it's going to keep getting updated. That's the nature of the genre.

By the time the "ultimate" version of the game is out, the next iteration is right around the corner. So congratulations, the game you decided to wait to buy fell into obscurity and everybody moved on to the next one. It's the new game that you're bitching about now because you think it's incomplete.
>>
>>343057149
man you guys just hate fun don't you
>>
>>343057149
Played golds/plats from the 1st week uncle.
>>
>>343057149
I've gotten rounds over dieminion and Mike Ross as Honda. He is not competitively viable?

He isn't optimal but Mike used to make it far in tournies with him
>>
>>343053923
love how people joke about Capcom making different versions when ArcSys is now much worse at it
>>
>>343056948
I only follow SFV as a spectator but I could of sworn people were bitching about jabs being too good of an anti-air.
>>
>>343058401
Nobody actually cares about ASW.
Capcom are in the spotlight so they get the most flak, both deserved and undeserved.

But something as huge as MK shouldve gotten more backlash with the way Warnerbros fuck everybody over.
>>
>>343058416
Some jabs are, but generally the point has nothing to do with 8frames. The game is balanced around 30% jumpin combos, so the risk of anti-airing with anything that has more recovery than a jab is too high.

8frames is a crutch bad players use to justify themselves.
>>
>>343058472
>PC doesn't get MK X updates anymore
>servers were shit for a long time on it
>in general it's badly optimized
i still don't get why people didn't complain about this.
atleast SF5 has cross platform servers and PC gets updated
>>
>>343058560
Most anti air lead into a mixup situation.
If you AA a guy with a jab or with something like Birdies cr.mp they land right in front you and you can just put down a meaty or command throw.

There is more to it than just the AA damage itself.
>>
>>343055381

Or the whole core gameplay

8F just shows how incompetent capcom developers are. And 6 characters were announced as DLC from the beginning. You should shut up until after they release them.
>>
>>343058750
Oh, I know, but that doesn't mean jump ins aren't strong as hell in V
>>
>>343053923
All characters aren't out yet, super sf v soon
>>
>>343058560

Pros have commented that they preffer the normal anti-air instead of a dp or w/e because of the 8f.

I guess they are just super scrubs huh?
>>
>smash had a bigger audience at FUCKING EVO
>>
>>343059067
We still see plenty of DP's.
Honestly, even with pros its gonna be an adjustment issue. In USF4 it was what, 5-6 frames delay? the increase really isn't that much.

And normal anti-airs are really good in this game anyways.
>>
>>343059071
wut
>>
>>343058585
It's easy to get over a game's faults once you decide to just stop playing it.
>>
>>343053923
>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>>
>>343059071
Evo hasn't happened yet and USF4 blew Smash the fuck out last year, which was the first year anyone topped Marvel.
>>
>>343059071
>had

????
>>
>>343059071
Only ceo had more entrants

Meanwhile SFV has been getting 500-1000 at most events
>>
>>343059071
>I have no idea what I'm saying
>>
>>343056607
>>You can cut the input lag in half on PC by turning off vsync in the .ini, so no.
If I turn off the V-Sync in the Configuration File, will I have to lock my FPS to 60 somehow? I read that the game gets really weird if the FPS goes below 60 or above 60.
>>
>>343053923
>people ITT complaining about this game being lackluster

This is the case with every street fighter. How have you not learned by now that the vanilla version is basically a beta and then the updates make it better?
>>
>>343059234
>Copy-pasting
At least give the original anon credit
>>
>>343059595
/v/ doesn't play games and /v/ especially doesn't play fighting games. If anything I'm pretty sure they only play smash.
>>
>>343056280
better then dota 2's lack of chracters
>>
>>343056290
>PS4
>fighting games
How you enjoying those 8 frames pal?
>>
>>343056280

and they were supposed to be in the game at launch.

Capcom be crazy and shi
>>
>>343060919
>and they were supposed to be in the game at launch.
[citation needed]
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.