[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if you have this EA data mines your shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Origiin.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Origiin.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1280
Daily reminder that if you have this EA data mines your shit for profit
>>
>>343051003
More worried about being hacked, which has happened twice.
>>
>>343051003
>mines your shit for profit
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>343051003
What service doesn't at this point?
>>
>>343051003
You mean they mine me so that they can create product that I would like and buy? Unforgivable reason! I demand that they mine me so that they can spread rumors about me, psyche me, hack me and scam me more efficiently.
>>
>>343051003

people still use this?
>>
>>343051003
probably not true
don't care
>>
>>343051003
How exactly does that work? It would have been more believable if you told me that they have bitcoin miners in their software.
>>
>>343051135
And how many times has steam been hacked?
>>
>>343051003

Not much to data mine.

School work, vidya, pr0n and 4chans.

If they can profit from that then cool.

My shit is pretty tame.
>>
>>343051003
Have had my account been hacked into by some russki 2 times already. Literally changes my name and plays battlefield shitfest.
>>
>>343051003
Do they data mine the fact that I launched it only for BF4, and that I will only launch it for BF1 ?
>>
>>343052823
I picked it up for battlefield but then I played Planetside and it made me regret buying BF
>>
literally only have it for Red Alert 2, so they can data mine that all they want
>>
>>343051003
And yet you also use Google, Windows, Youtube, 4chan, Steam, possibly even facebook, android, twitter, instagram, skype, discord and so on.
>>
>>343052686
Have they ever?

There was that one time the site broke or some shit but I don't think that was a hack.
>>
>>343051003
>steam, windows, firefox and google doesnt
>>
>>343054419
Has there been any proof that Firefox does it? I mean, if you turn that shit off.
>>
>>343051003
>implying this is a bad thing

If you don't have anything bad to hide, why would you worry.
>>
>>343054753
>Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.
>>
>>343054753
>If you don't have anything bad to hide
i have like 80gb of thinks i need to hide
>>
>>343055258
Lucky you. I have about 500GB and will probably need another hdd in a couple years. Shit's growing pretty fast.
>>
Doesn't really affect me so i don't care.
>>
>>343054753
>i like to give my money to other people for free
how it feels to be retarded?
>>
>>343055527
It feels good, anon, it feels good.
>>
>>343055258
>i have like 80gb of thinks i need to hide

Is it an issue for law enforcement anon? Maybe they need to take a look.
>>
too bad they cant read my extern cp drive, oh wait haha
>>
File: steam-logo.png (23 KB, 527x527) Image search: [Google]
steam-logo.png
23 KB, 527x527
Daily reminder that if you have this Valve data mines your shit for profit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.