[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg (750 KB, 2048x1198) Image search: [Google]
wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg
750 KB, 2048x1198
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745544759?page=2#33

>you can literally have mythic raid BiS in every single slot by simply doing LFR and casual content like Normal/Heroic dungeons and world quests.

Defend this.
>>
Spotted the FFXIV shill.
>>
i've been done reading bluepost walls for years. How is that different than that raid mission on the table that gave you a random loot box from the higher tier raid you were currently doing?
>>
>>343043339

I know there's fuckton of legion shills and we can be mad over this and many shits incoming, but this op really suck dick

LFR base item 810+ with chance to upgrade +5. To reach mythic 890 you must win 16 rolls in row. You have nearly same chances to be hit with lighting

And mythic gear starts from 880 or similiar so you need max 2-4 rolls win in row to reach ilvl cap

Chances you're lucky enought to have bis ilvl item in every slot are same to geting killed by airplane crashing into your room
>>
>>343043509

When you do a thing (dungeon, raid, etc) you have a chance to get loot that is better than what you have. The higher your ilvl relative to the thing you do the smaller that chance is but there's always a chance you can get a better ilvl item from a normal dungeon than something you got from a mythic raid. The point is to incentivize continuing to do stuff as your gear ilvls get higher instead of only logging in once a week to raid.
>>
>>343043986
this
>>
>>343043396

>implying I play FF14

I gave it a try and I can't stomach the 2.5 second GCD, gave up at Coerthas as a Warrior.

I have every single class capped, the Felsteel Annihilator mount, Legion preordered and WoW token gametime all the way to 2018 April. If I am making a thread might as well get the shitposting out of the way.

>>343043509
In the current tier, you have to kill enough bosses at the difficulty you want to get loot from if you want to get your welfare raid loot from the shipyard. You cannot get weapons and tier pieces this way as well.

The new system makes it possible for you to get BiS Mythic gear from LFR. Even though the chances for it are astronomically low.
>>
>>343043339
Bruh, why are you still keeping check on Legion
I just dropped the entire game when they introduced another garrison mission table
>You think it's a garrison mission table, but it's not, but it is as well.
They obviously haven't learned from their mistakes
>>
>>343043339
what the fuck is mythic? last time i checked it was some raiding guild.
>>
>>343043339
hahahahaa
>>
I think dungeon runners and LFR people should be able to work towards BiS at a slower pace.
>>
>>343043986
Also forgot to add:

even if someone lucky drop a bis item with hypothetical bluepost 50% for upgrade (0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50x0.50=0.00000015% chances) it will be still behind, because he miss:
- set item bonus
- trinket with useful effects
- useful for spec secondary stats
Mainly, because lfr/dungeons have diffirent loot tables
>>
>>343044803

>Mainly, because lfr/dungeons have diffirent loot tables

LFR has the same loot as other raid difficulties with different coloration in Legion. They are going back to the MoP model.
>>
>>343043396
FFXIV is just as bad in this regard. Raiders get shit on every 3.5 months when they give casuals equal gear for doing braindead content.
>>
>>343044892
>They are going back to the MoP model.
This will definitely please the casuals.
>>
Maybe now i can fucking join a guild without having to use babby guild as stepladders
>>
>>343044892
If the op trinkets and item sets drop, it should be easier to pug on alts. Even with personal loot that's received improvements people still reserve every single piece of loot. It was a stupid solution in the first place because it just means you can't play your class correctly despite being well above the required item level.
>>
>>343043339
Raiding isn't hard just time consuming?

Seriously the hardest thing in the oh so hard Vanilla raiding was dealing with 5-10 people AFK and another 5-10 DC'ing or lagging out every pull.

TBC, it was dealing with never having the right combo of class/spec to stay in progression because classes Blizzard made into gimmic bitches would reroll or the warrior tank would quit or healer has a kid now etc.

WotLK I made a guild out of leftovers from other guilds that had jobs that kept them out of raiding. We were a guild of PUGs and we were the second farthest on our server for awhile.

Cata and Panda I got bored of raiding fast so not as much idea there, but it seemed more the same.. But point being you do only 2 things in a raid. Hit shit and move out of shit.

Its just about having luck/gear grind with stats to get enough crits before your healers are oom. And getting 10 or more people to not stand in the god damn fire.

Mother fuckers have jobs and kids now that started this game and still want to see the content. I don't see a reason to make it artificially hard for them too because they can't punch a time clock in WoW and in real life and to spend that time in WoW with asshat guilds rather than friends.
>>
>>343043339
>you can literally have mythic raid BiS in every single slot by simply doing LFR and casual content like Normal/Heroic dungeons and world quests.

You ever think about foreign languages?
How someone can make mouth sounds in an order you don't recognize, and convey basic information even when you don't understand it?
It's weird to think about.
>>
>>343043339
I'm liking Legion less and less the more information is put out about it. I mean it'll probably be better than WoD, but some of the changes feel like they're trying to cater to a group of people that either doesn't exist or is such a small group it doesn't matter.
>>
>>343045038
Raiding in XIV isn't hard anyways. Most raidcontent is on farm 4 weks after release. XIV drones can't stand hard content because it is uuuuunfair! The first raid tier in the currents expac was pretty balls to the wall and a lot of """"""raider"""""" quite because they weren't able to farm that shit within a week or two. Most of the faggots that brag about clearing the current raid tier didn't even get past the FIRST TRASHMOB in the first raid tier back in the days.

XIV raider are trash. WoW raider at least are able to stomache a challange.
>>
File: 1466048526907.png (856 KB, 736x672) Image search: [Google]
1466048526907.png
856 KB, 736x672
>>343047863
I agree XIV raiding is shit, but you're barking up the wrong tree with this post. People quit on Gordias because it was a rushed, overtuned mess that the devs later admitted wasn't even playtested properly. The only folks whinging about difficulty are casuals and armchair raiders who have never even set foot in Savage Alexander to begin with.

What's killing XIV at the moment is that the devs really don't seem to know what they're doing any more, and it shows with stuff like Lord of Verminion and Diadem. Most side content that's released is either dead on arrival or just another worthless grind, and most raid encounters are unrewarding, overcomplicated clusterfucks that are designed to keep you busy rather than engaged.
>>
This feels like one of those ideas that isn't complete shit but is explained like it is.
>>
>>343047863
>WoW raider at least are able to stomache a challange.

No they fucking aren't.
If that were the case, raiding in WoW wouldn't be getting increasingly more casual with each passing expansion.

MMOs are in a bad state right now, and fall into one of four categories.

1) World of Warcraft, which is basically just phoning it in at this point and catering to casuals more and more with each passing day.
2) Games like FFXIV that at least try to incorporate new things and get an A for effort, but keep fumbling the ball, where only one in three new gameplay features make a lasting impression and the other two only serve to entertain a small percentage of the player base.
3) Games that try to appeal to a subset of WoW players that haven't existed for at least 6 years, fail, and then go to a F2P model with an over-encumbered cash shop in an attempt to milk what little players remain for everything they have until the game dies an inglorious cancer death.
4) Korean grindfests that come equipped with a cash shop from day one.

Although I will give FFXIV one thing over modern WoW.
At least FFXIV consistently puts out patches. Every major patch is followed up with a minor patch or two to give players *Something* until the next major patch.
Blizzard gets offended when the playerbase has the audacity to ask for more than two content patches for the life of the current expansion.

FFXIV can still be salvaged, and the dev team at least tries to listen to players...Even if it tends to get misunderstood more times than not.
WoW is beyond hope at this point. Especially when Blizzard sees that they can make a gorillian dollars on casual games and arena shooters.
>>
raiding is gay

5 man heroics are cool

World PVP is cool

Digging up lore is cool

Questing is cool

Shooting the shit with friends is cool

Grinding raids for gear is FUKING GAY
>>
>>343050939
Have you raided mythic difficulty recently?
The game has been casual on the LFR end of things since they introduced it, but the addition of mythic raids was great for the game in my opinion and some of the encounters are equally or even more challenging than early WoW ever was.
>>
>>343047863
>WoW raider at least are able to stomache a challange.
>every raid is nerfed always
>lets remove adds from archimonde normal because retards
>lets make c'thun easier for retards
sure stomache a challenge fanboy
>>
>>343044290
They took that aspect of garrisons made it enjoyable and less time consuming... what's wrong with that.
>>
>>343046258
>Few of my friends got jobs that require them to have virtually no free time it must be that whole wow playerbase is like that even if that's not the truth - wow developers need to focus on my friends group when they design their game.
>>
>>343051081
there's no 'recent' mythic, anyone doing it for progression at this point is pretty much doomed until the inevitable x.0 patch nerfbat
>>
File: plaguefleshbane.jpg (138 KB, 799x940) Image search: [Google]
plaguefleshbane.jpg
138 KB, 799x940
>wow seems comfy
>want to resub
>miss my characters, mainly my lock
>just don't want to give my money to blizzard

Fug.
>>
>>343049712
I think FFXIV's biggest problem is that all of its side content falls into one of three categories
>worthless, soul sucking, mind numbing grind for purely cosmetic benefit if any at all
>Hildibrand
>ERP
But this is from the perspective of a smelly casual so what do I know
>>
>>343051560
Demo looks pretty cool right now.
https://youtu.be/1_APcXWxibM
>>
>>343051560
You can play for free if you've got the gold for it.
>>
>>343051898
It takes time to get the gold - time in which in real life you could make 10 times the price of gold token money is worth from Chinese sellers ( which sell gold way cheaper than blizzard ) but they also sell game time much cheaper.
>>
>>343051893
I have been destro since vanilla, but have to admit the empowerment artifact combo sounds interesting.
>>343051898
I probably have enough coin spread among my few 100s.

I have been wanting to leave my pvp realm for a pve one. Really that's what killed the game for me, Tanaan jungle was such a shit show and I wanted out asap. Shame it will cost me 75 dollars just to move out. Fuck, I would gladly pay 25 if it was move over a bunch at once, not for each.

I just miss casually playing, and working on my profs.
>>
>>343053092
Plus you can reactive your account by buying a token from the login screen. It'll just take the gold from across that server.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.