[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking back, which games do you think will have defined this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: PS4-console-bundle.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS4-console-bundle.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
Looking back, which games do you think will have defined this console and/or generation?
>>
rocket league
>>
Undertale
>>
>>343032861
All multiplats
>>
>>343032861
Your mom
>>
>>343032861
Microsoft Solitaire
>>
>>343033203
still god tier after all these years
>>
>>343032861
Honestly Destiny. it isn't that great but it's the only game that will last from basically the beginning and the end of the current run of consoles. Destiny 2 will probably do the same for Neo and Scorpio.

It's not great but it's probably one of the only console games this gen to maintain a steady user base wrapping up on it's second year into it's 3rd
>>
File: 1466025771190.png (2 MB, 1132x935) Image search: [Google]
1466025771190.png
2 MB, 1132x935
>>
>>343032861
Excluding Nintendo first party games, we'll have The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. These are my favorite games of this gen.
>>
>>343033394
Forgot to add Undertale.
>>
>>343033394
>uncharted
Filthy sonygger spotted.
>>
>>343032861
Bloodborne.
>>
GTA V
Destiny
Rocket League
MGSV
Halo 5
Mario Kart 8
Call of Duty
Uncharted
Final Fantasy XV
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
>>
>>343033478
No. I'm more of a Nintendo fan than anything.
>>
>>343033394
>fallout 4 and uncharted 4 on that list

Slim pickings this time, eh?
>>
>>343033320
>it's worthy of remark for console games to have an install base lasting two years
That's fucking pitiful.
>>
Splatoon redefined shooters.

Undertale redefined rpgs.

Rocket League redefined racing/sports.

Sm4sh brought together the greatest gaming legends of all time into one fighting game.

Yooka-Laylee brought back a beloved gaming duo.

And Mighty No.9 taught us that some things are better off dead.
>>
>>343032861
>defined this console
Ask that question again when the PS4 life cycle is over. PS4 still hasn't hit its stride.
>defined this generation
Ask that question again when the generation is over.
>>
DOOM for being the first "old school" resurgence game of its kind.

Maybe Witcher 3
>>
>>343035347
best post
>>
>>343035541
Neo comes out at the end of this year or early next year. Once it's out nobody will make games for the PS4.
>>
>>343033394
I didn't like Fallout 4 but I'm liking your style other than that.
>>
>>343035347
Redefined RPG's as in using a shitty gimmick no fan of rpgs cares about?
>>
>>343032861
Last Guardian's gonna be one of em, especially since the original director managed to return. Pretty obvious the team was stalling because the PS3 wasn't strong enough to handle what they wanted. Just like how Final Fantasy Vs XIII was put off until it eventually became FFXV.
>>
>>343035735
The Neo isn't replacing the PS4.
>>
File: shit shadows and lighting.jpg (365 KB, 2528x688) Image search: [Google]
shit shadows and lighting.jpg
365 KB, 2528x688
>>343035857
>pretty obvious the team was stalling because the PS3 wasn't strong enough to handle what they wanted.
You could not be more full of shit.

Trico's feathers are more numbered now but smaller, I think it looks a lot worse.
Fog and color grading was changed drastically. Environments look fullbright now most of the time or just bad.
They added more bloom to the game and it's not the good kind.
Less particle effects(dust and dirt for example).

Here's smoke being downgraded and you can clearly see the lighting is completely downgraded as he climbs up the tail. Basically 10x less shadowing now.
https://youtu.be/0i0TV5r0CSc?t=193
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=310

Trico doesn't even cast shadows on his own body anymore and there shadows on the temple barely exist.
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=106
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=69

Unlit braziers so no smoke, shitty environment lighting again(look inside the building, HDR is fucking gone), and Trico still has no self-shadows.
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=374
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=94

As always, the lighting and shadows are less striking.
https://youtu.be/JG854AzOHqw?t=66
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=18

This is a disgrace, after nearly 10 years of Sony talking about this game it's finally a reality but it doesn't look any better than what we saw back then, it looks worse. The downgrading is real.

The game looks almost identical to how it was before but without fog and shadows mainly.
>>
TOKYO JUNGLE 2 FUCKING WHEN
COOP EXPERIENCE IS LITERALLY PERFECT
>>
File: ToeJam_&_Earl_split_screen.png (98 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
ToeJam_&_Earl_split_screen.png
98 KB, 360x270
>>343037280
>screen doesn't split when two local players get far enough away from each other

There is only one co-op experience that's literally perfect.
>>
>>343037070
How does that disprove that they were stalling for new hardware? I didn't say they actually improved with the hardware, only that they stalled, probably due to PS3 framerate issues we didn't even get to see. If they're putting graphics in the backseat for framerate and possibly AI processing, then a graphical downgrade is a small price to pay.
>>
>>343035547
I'm really excited DOOM did so well.

It was the first shooter I've played in years.
>>
>>343035547
>>343038128
Wait, it actually wasn't shit? All I know about it is from that fucking let's play where the guy couldn't play to save his life.
>>
>>343037864
Sony stalled. Ueda said as much.

The developers of the game didn't want to at all and now the game's in a shittier state than it was because of the port.

Nice goal posts by the way.
>>
>>343038712
Oh Jesus Christ what is wrong with /v/ these days? They've been doing nothing but boast about the dragon thing's AI since production started. You're the one who immediately jumped on arbitrary visuals.
>>
>>343038893
Changing the subject doesn't make you seem any smarter.

You were wrong, deal with it.
>>
>>343038993
Changing the subject? What the fuck are you even on about anymore? Do you really think console generations change just to improve visuals? Are you literally that retarded?
Again, you brought up the visuals, not me. I was referring to the gameplay and AI, provided they haven't been bullshitting about how the dragon is supposed to be some kind of AI genius.
>>
>>343039372
>Do you really think console generations change just to improve visuals?
This one did. You're a retard for thinking a ported game that has been downgraded required stronger hardware.

A literal retard.

Gameplay and AI are completely unrelated to what you were talking about, as those don't change between two modern platforms.
>>
>>343039474
>PS3
>modern platform

what
>>
>>343039474
All you've proven was that the downgrades are visual. If you think bad graphics make for a bad game, then there's no helping you.
>>
>>343033536
>Call of Duty
Even Call of Duty fans fucking hate Infinite Warfare thus far. It's a dying breed.

Otherwise you're on the ball.
>>
>>343038305
It IS shit. Don't listen to fucking hipsters.
>>
Bloodborne, easily.
>>
I don't think that the games make the system.
Tbh games look like shit on it.

I've totally converted too my ps4 as a media center over my PC, though. That alone deserves praise.
>>
>>343032861
>PS4
>Games

kek
>>
File: FBI397240.gif (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FBI397240.gif
3 MB, 800x600
PT is so far the best game experience of current consoles
>tfw canceled
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.