[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steamworld Heist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1439154372831.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439154372831.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
I picked pic related up during the sale (it's 25% off) and I thought I'd share my insanely valuable opinion with /v/. Because of course you want to read my stupid shit.

Pros:
>probably the highest amount of """skill""" you can pack into a turn-based game as every shot has to be aimed manually, and the game strongly encourages bouncing bullets off walls and ceilings
>great customization, tons of weapons, gadgets and utilities that you can strap to the different classes
>despite some characters sharing a class, they all advance slightly differently and all have their own strengths and weaknesses
>genuine pirate feel, a vast majority of the missions are "break into this, steal everything not nailed down, and kill anyone who tries to stop you"

Cons:
>the fact that there's so much equipment and items you carry around and give out to your on-mission crew before you start, makes keeping who has what a little difficult
>can sometimes get a little punishing, the game expects you to line up and take some pretty crazy shots sometimes
>by the end-game you have way more of the universal currency - water - than you can spend, and you'll end up buying silly cosmetics for your bots instead of stuff you actually need

Have you played this game /v/? What'd you think of it?
>>
File: 1459417755658.png (431 KB, 602x405) Image search: [Google]
1459417755658.png
431 KB, 602x405
Also, has a stupidly comfy space-cowboy OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQz-VipLPw

I double-dare your ass to not enjoy that song.
>>
>no PS4

No buy. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>343033789
Don't worry, Anon. It releases for everything witha screen:
>Platforms: PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Wii U, Microsoft Windows, iOS, Linux, Mac OS
>>
>>343034193
>buying multiplats
>at all

I'm going to go with fuck off as final answer Bob.
>>
>>343034615

What a horrible system
>>
>>343034615
>I wont buy a game unless it's exclusive to MY console

Nah you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>343034615

Could we not turn this into a consolewar thread? I was kinda' hoping we could talk about the actual game.

Am I really the only person on /v/ who played this game?
>>
>>343034730
>>343034748
>>343034973
>PCuck defense force shows up

Guess this is what happens when you have no games, huh?
>>
I found it pretty good OP. I really liked the lore for some reason, the slow realization that humanity was considered an incredibly endangered species was kinda' neat.

If I remember right, the first game also barked slightly up this territory. It's rare to see this kinda' story line done without cramming the Skynet-comparison down your throat.

It's never revealed how we managed to fuck up so badly or even if it was our own fault or not, just that we're practically rare animals now.

Oh and just for the record >>343035331, I played it on 3DS.
>>
>>343032072
It was fun but too short. That's probably a compliment though.
>>
>>343036168

Was it too short as in too short to be fun, or too short as in you wanted more of it when you were done?
>>
>>343037174
The latter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.