[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg (253 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg
253 KB, 1200x628
Why is this game bad?
>>
Interested in a reason as well, my base assumption is that it's an Ubisoft product and by default I'd only get maybe a few hours of enjoyment out of it. (due to often rather shallow game mechanics)

does the trend continue in division?
>>
I'm sure the game is bad in its own right, but I think the population got decimated due to hackers rather quickly.
>>
They dont know how to fix bug also hackers
>>
>>343030262
End game shit is tedious and overrun by assholes who glitched gear in the beginning. It's really just Ubisoft's fault. I knew this would happen. We all knew this would happen.
>>
Gameplay wise though. Is it any good?
>>
>>343030921
Yes.
>>
Everyone and everything is a bullet sponge
>>
>>343030262
Because it follows the classic Ubisoft collectathon bullshit, has shitty customization and weapon variety, and the environment all feels the same.
>>
What would be the platform to get it on?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
>>343030262
Literally fuck you I liked it. I grabbed it off the steam sale and I have been playing it since the 23rd. I don't understand the hatred towards this game. The skill progression, weapon modding, weapon perks, and overall gameplay mechanics are very tight. It's literally a better version of destiny. I also really like the factions and overworld. It's cool to play in a world that isn't wizard shite, weeb trash, or space shit.
>>
>shoot guy in a hood with high caliber weapon
>20-40 shots to down him
>he shoots with his ghetto weapons
>down in 3 shots
>>
>>343030886
>>343031062
Pretty much this

>>343030921
For a brief period of time, sure, although your mileage may vary depending on whether or not you like loot systems
You'll end up fighting the same bosses a lot, I'm not sure of the current cheating situation, but last I heard the hacking was hilariously out of control which kind of fucks up multiplayer
>>
>>343032025
you could hack it with cheat engine
CHEAT
FUCKING
ENGINE

some fuckface dev at ubisoft thought running numbers clientside was a good idea and he didn't even try to make it hard.
>>
>>343031994
>le bullet sponge meme
It's an rpg painted as a tps. Of course enemies have varried levels and difficulty. If you want to one shot snipe every fucking enemy go play gears of war or call of duty. Better yet, upgrade your fucking weaponry. Git gud faggot.
>>
>>343031848
damn yuove been playing it for a whole four days! you've got three more until you drop it.
>>
game gets a lot better tomorrow
can't wait to go shotgun build
>>
>>343030262
It managed to hook me in for a good 20 or so hours, I dug the missions but there was no lasting effect I guess. I did all the content up to level 23 and just felt burnt out and like I had enough, oh well. I bought the $100 version too. At least I'll always have a little backup game to play, can't hurt. Currently my situation with fallout 4 too, I need to stop buying into hype.

I just bought overwatch origins edition too. Buyers remorse already. Kill me
>>
File: image.jpg (881 KB, 4804x1901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
881 KB, 4804x1901
>>343032280
>>
>>343032259
im not talking about one shotting im talking it makes no fucking sense.
the heavily armored enemies taking alot of shots make sense, the guys with sweaters don't.
atleast have something plot related like they're taking a super drug that makes them feel no pain or something.
>>
Got it for free with my GPU
Never played it
Never will
>>
I have a very slim hope that Ubisoft will turn this around in about 5-6 months and it'll be fucking great.

But the higher chance is they'll release the new Ghost Recon: The Division Inna Woods Edition and completely forget about everything else
>>
>>343030262
Because it isn't good
>>
>>343032512
But they are. They're living in a contaminated zone. The next expansion is going to delve deeper into new enemy types that have higher levels of contamination.
>>
Not bad just above average at best.
>>
>>343030262
Well first off, ignoring all the typical Ubisoft bullshit. I was under the impression in the first reveal trailer that you would be able to choose sides. I thought that would've been fucking awesome. Two player factions constantly butting heads and going toe-to-toe at odds in this apocalyptic city.
>>
>>343032512
Super drugs doesn't make sense but several waves of a dozen enemies that do more substantial damage, who in turn are substantially easier to kill does. And the level of skill required to kill the 1-hit shotgunners is negligible at best yet they excuse it as a skill threshold thing whereas it's an uncreative work-around to their sad AI programming abilities.
>>
>>343030262
Boss enemies are literally just larger men with more health.
Regular end game enemies just have more health.
There aren't any real mechanics in play with the skills, they don't have any synergy.
>>
>>343032863
this, swarming with large waves of enemies would be an original and interesting aproach but of course ubisoft always gives the minimal effort into actual gameplay
>>
>>343032259
Stupid memer, even Borderlands has a better balance
>>
>>343030262
I stopped playing after it was learned that the engine's number crunching is done client side meaning you could use Cheat Engine to change values to things like Gun damage, accuracy, etc to ridiculous numbers and use it online with absolutely NO checks what so ever.

Since its Engine bound theres not a whole lot Ubisoft can do about it without some absolutely monster patch
>>
>>343030921
Bullet spongey as fuck, little to no variety in builds, and all the guns of each type feel exactly the same. Every encounter will come down to you absolutely slaughtering everything because you're over-geared, or sitting behind cover plinking away at each guy for minutes. If that sounds exciting to you, go for it. But the rest of the game is even worse than it plays.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.