[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Much Would Mother Base Cost?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: new meme.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
new meme.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
/biz/, I come to you with a proposition.
I am determined to buy (or construct) an oil rig somewhere in the Seychelles. I come to you asking questions. How much would the basic platform cost, just the basic shell without equipment or utilities?
Here are the measurements I've gotten from in game fuckery
Height: (From sea level to tallest usable structure) About 70ish meters, too lazy to fuck with pixel measurements
Area: 3600 square meters
I did some research as well. Mother base is clearly tension moored to the sea floor somewhere off of the Seychelles (Potentially 15 to 20 miles)

We need to take into consideration the fact that Mother Base wouldn't need special construction for a drill jack, it just needs to be a solid platform.

Sorry if my sentences don't make sense. It's late and I just wanna know the answer.
>>
>>343026160
Fuck not biz. God it's late. I was gonna originally post this on /biz/, but realized it might be off-topic.
>>
File: 1466642077770.gif (39 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1466642077770.gif
39 KB, 267x200
Bumping out of interest
>>
bout threee fiddy
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
>>
>>343026160
I'm pretty sure mother base drills for oil, they have a refinery, and they'd need more crude than what their soldiers fulton.
>>
>>343027004
>comparing that shitty little platform to a completely functional military base that can fucking float

>>343027209
Nah, when you first start out Mother Base is just a platform with no resource drilling and you have to collect it yourself. Your military contracts probably pay for it themselves anyway.
>>
Building an oil rig costs around 500 million dollars, the biggest platform ever made costed 10 billions
>>
MGS is called military fantasy for a reason

Ita honestly cheaper to just buy some slice of bullshit in the forest and build up from there

Also look up Sealand
>>
What do you plan to do with an oil rig, OP?
>>
>>343028689
That's not so much because of the size, it's more about the drilling equipment and safety measures they have to put in place

Drilling for oil ain't no bubble bath, friend
>>
>>343029025
So who wants to start zanzibarland
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 320x314) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 320x314
>>343029235
not op but you should know by now
>>
>>343029445
The same thing that happened to mother base will happen to you.
Just less secrecy and more fighter jets.
>>
>>343030469
You mean drones lol
>>
>>343026160

The whole idea of an oil platform makes no sense. It dramatically rises prices with little benefit. Just make a base on land.
>>
>>343029440
If we are in physical shape, can use a gun effectively, and get enough capital to pay to build it then sure.
>>
File: p55.jpg (681 KB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
p55.jpg
681 KB, 3888x2592
>>343026160
This one costed 405 million USD
>>
>>343026160
Actual oil rigs cost a fuckload, but mostly because of the oil drilling equipment. If you were to build an oil platform without the oil drilling it should be cheaper, how much I don't know.

Either way, you'll need to get lucky because in both cases in MGS (Caribbean base and Seychelles base) the first platform was given by another party.

In the Caribbean, he was granted one platform by Zadornov. In the Seychelles, Kaz and the surviving MSF members were given one platform by the Seychelles government in return for protection from South African mercenaries.
>>
>>343032375
So you're saying it would be cheaper to start a private military organization and gain enough of a reputation to be gifted an oil rig?
>>
>>343032375
Not even including taxes, which can get ludicrously high.
>>
File: 1455788095237.jpg (127 KB, 599x506) Image search: [Google]
1455788095237.jpg
127 KB, 599x506
>that one guy that posts from Seychelles on /pol/

I always like to imagine that it's Kaz.
>>
It wasn't Metal Gear

It was an empty open world that got repetitive real fast.
>>
>>343034498
>It was an empty open world that got repetitive real fast.

That's every "open world" game ever.
>>
>>343029440
I was in the army and I have 7 euros and 45 cents on me right now. Where's Big Boss?
>>
File: THIS ISN'T RIGHT THAT WAS OURS.jpg (628 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
THIS ISN'T RIGHT THAT WAS OURS.jpg
628 KB, 2048x1536
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.