[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/. I'm bored as fuck waiting for Monster Hunter Generations.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: PokkenTournament[1].jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PokkenTournament[1].jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
Hey, /v/. I'm bored as fuck waiting for Monster Hunter Generations. Should I buy Pokken?

I like fighting games like Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear Xrd, but my friends are too retarded to like fighting games except my one friend who is autistic about his low level smash play.

Is this a good game to play with my friends or would I easily figure out how to fuck them until they don't want to play anymore?
>>
>>343025797
as a GG fan you might enjoy it, despite it's simplistic mechanics. It's fun but there doesn't seem to be much depth.
>>
>wii u
>buy
>>
>>343025927
Does it got roman cancels and sheit?

>>343025946
I know I could probably CFW and pirate shit for my WiiU, but I already did it for my 3DS and it's always a bitch to update it to the latest version so I can play online
>>
Any other responses? Is this game good for casuals but not gay like smash?
>>
>>343027197
>>343025797
>Is this game good for casuals but not gay like smash?
The basics are really simple and being good the game is all about being good at the basics.
It's a great game for both casuals and more invested players. But it'll likely be very onesided if you're playing against people above your skill level.
>>
>>343027430
Does it have quarter circles and shit, or is it gay as fuck like Tekken where you have to remember strikes of gay buttons?
>>
>>343028810
>Does it have quarter circles and shit
It doesn't. The controls are all very simple.

If you check out the tutorial it'll teach you everything there is to the game. Both in terms of controls but also in terms of what to think of.
>>
>>343028984
I looked this up and it seems like you just mash one button to do combos
>>
>>343028810
you seem to be VERY fixated on gay stuff

do you have something to tell to the class?
>>
>>343029876
That isn't really it.
>>
>>343030179
I got to the part about the attack triangle or whatever, which is basic fighting game shit, but it doesn't seem like there is a kick button or an overhead button or whatever. You just mash Y over and over to do an automatic combo. Where's my dragon punches and shit?
>>
>>343030323
>Where's my dragon punches and shit?
You hold up and attack using either the attack or special attack button.
>>343030323
>You just mash Y over and over to do an automatic combo.
In both modes you can do a 3 attack chain with the basic attack button but that's hardly a "combo" worth mentioning and it won't really do much against a defending player either.

But here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvmO9RTtvzo
>>
>>343025797
The game has simple attack execution and is more about mindgames/matchup knowledge.
You gotta know those or youll be raped in and out.
>>
>>343030323
its not a traditional fighting game so no traditional inputs, you press one button and a direction, maybe sometimes 2 buttons
>>
>>343025797
Games literally dead and the fact it's confirmed no DLC or support means it's unlikely to resuscitate.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.