[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megaman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: rockman.png (144 KB, 332x322) Image search: [Google]
rockman.png
144 KB, 332x322
How do you go from this......
>>
...to good enough?
>>
File: Mighty-No-9.jpg (126 KB, 914x514) Image search: [Google]
Mighty-No-9.jpg
126 KB, 914x514
>>343023794
TO THIS
>>
Why do I fall for these threads?
>>
>>343023794
>>343024005
But it's not Megaman, Megaman is still a Capcom IP. They will make a game when they feel like it
>>
>>343023876
If we are talking about MN9, I think the game is good enough too.
But it's weird it took 4 years to make, I thought 3D games were created faster than games with (good) pixelart
>>
>>343024005
looks better tbqh.
>>
>>343024901
Whoops, I misremembered the meme. I meant to say "better than nothing", not "good enough".
>>
>>343023794
Old maga man may have just been a copy of other popular characters at the time. But the key aspect of him that makes his design so damn likable, is that he was the distilled symbol of an expression. A strong expression.

Beck expresses nothing. Beck is a symbol of a petty attempt at trying to undermine a previous employer's IP.
>>
>>343024901

Total lie. The more complex the graphics, the longer to make. 3D is inherently more complex than 2D.
>>
>>343025151
Beck himself is pretty boring, but the other Mighty Numbers are pretty cool if you ask me
>>
>>343025297
It's still weird, because there are not that many different enemy designs. Maybe getting voice actors and all that shit is what made it take it's time
>>
>>343023794
this looks like it was drawn by Akira Toriyama
>>
>>343025827
Such was the "generic animu" style of the time, just like how the current generic style is kawaii uguu.
>>
>>343025668

Ports were the main cause. 10 versions made at the same time, instead of using a base game and then porting that. It ate up much of the time and money. And they used a Lowest Common Demoninator approach, which made the game look like ass.

Then Unreal Engine 3, which they could never figure out. Notice how the game takes huge amount of power to run, while still looking like a dreamcast game.
>>
>>343025668
>>343025297
>>343024901
It took so long and looks so fucking bad because they were porting it to ten different fucking systems and dealing with an inexperienced and incompetent design team. On top of shit like the Deep Silver deal and an inability to deal with bug testing.
>>
>>343023794
>>343024005
you should compare both concept arts
or both ingame models if you are going to compare at all
Drawn Beck still looks good
>>
>>343025950
>Notice how the game takes huge amount of power to run, while still looking like a dreamcast game.
Is that why the game has crashed my WiiU twice?
>>
>>343026138

Probably. The game also clearly never made it out of bug testing mode.
>>
>>343026212
I haven't encountered any bugs other than my game crashing if that is a bug or power-related.

Oh wait, there is one that is weird. Dyna shows up to help at Countershades level, but whenever I activate that event I have already killed the robots in that room so I just get the weirdly long conversation which I skip by exiting the room.
>>
>>343026676

It's been widely reported that MN9 crashes the WiiU.
>>
>>343026676
She doesn't kill the robots, she just turns off the two instadeath wires in the room.
>>
Can someone tell me - because I have the suspicion it is like this - but I hope not.

Whenever there is a Mighty Number that gives advice on the stage you are selecting - does that mean that the boss is weak againgst that Numbers weapon? I didn't use Countershade on Avi and I didn't use Dyna on Countershade, but it seems to check out on a bunch of other mighty numbers - like Avi counters Pyro and Pyro counters Cryo
>>
>>343027278
That's exactly what it's for yeah. Countershade's weapon ricochet's off Avi's camera right at him and takes him down to purple in a couple shots
>>
>>343028117
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 624x352
>>343023794
>you know realize that mega man was always just an Astroboy ripoff and people shitting on Conman for ripping off Mega Man are angry about a man ripping off a ripoff
>>
>>343028851

Kitamura cites Astro Boy, Cashern, Time Bokan, Ninja Captor, Kikaider, Kamen Rider as sources of inspiration. The design and story is lifted from Astro Boy.

It was the gameplay that really made the series popular though.
>>
So, which is the best port of Mighty No.9? The PC version?

Should I buy it if I want to play a ok MegaMan clone? The music sounds nice.
>>
>>343029171
>So, which is the best port of Mighty No.9? The PC version?

PC. And even then it has frame rate issues.

>Should I buy it if I want to play a ok MegaMan clone? The music sounds nice.

No. Maybe pick it up in a year when it's on sale for 3 dollars.

Buy Shovel Knight.
>>
File: rockman 8.png (195 KB, 338x454) Image search: [Google]
rockman 8.png
195 KB, 338x454
>>343023794
to THIS
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.