[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGS 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: mgs phantom pain.jpg (254 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mgs phantom pain.jpg
254 KB, 1280x720
Why do people dislike the new metal gear solid?

Even though I really liked some aspects of the previous games like the TECHNOLOGY moments and the AI, I never got into the series because of the shitty controls. The controls or new game are perfectly fine, both with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse.

There aren't any boss fights every two minutes unlike the other games which is great because it lets you experience more of the stealth gameplay.

The engine is amazing. I'm getting 60fps on a toaster and the graphics still look gorgeous. The game alt-tabs instantly.

I'm only begun the Africa missions and from what I've seen I'm still less than one quarter through the main missions with 34 hours in. Amazing value.

MGO is a nice addition which adds to the value of the game. I have some issues with it though. The netcode seems bad and it has some balance issues like the damage upgrades. It feels unfair for new players.

I have a few problems with the base game but overall the base gameplay more than make up for it. It's just so good. My main issues are too much grinding. The resource and upgrade system get in the way of having fun and playing the main game. Also I would have liked to have more things to do in the motherbase and in the two maps. GTA-style minigames and civilian cities would have been cool. The intro mission dragged for way too long.

The overarching metal gear series plot is ridiculous. I feel like Kojima really nails down the mood and story for a few missions or even for a whole game sometimes but when you look at the series as a whole it just falls apart like a bad TV series. It makes me think of some of the bad seasons of 24. (Kinda funny because Kiefer Sutherland voices Snake which makes me think Snake is just Jack Bauer)

Anyway these are my thoughts on mgs5. I've only played MGS2, MGS3 and MGR by the way although I've read the story of the other games.
>>
This thread is a shit lol

Fag didnt even play MGS1, who gives a fuck what you say
>>
It's not what they expected/hoped for.

That's pretty much it, it's a perfectly fine game on its own merits and really anyone who was mad at the twist should have played the other games. Kojima always pulls shit like that.
>>
>>343009276
I would have played it but I didn't own a PS1 and didn't think to play it on an emulator at the time so I watched the movie version on youtube so I could play MGS2 while knowing the story so far.

Also MGS1 isn't even the first game. Have you played metal gear 1 and 2?
>>
>>343009582
Talk about quick dodge lol
>>
>>343008941
Because MGS 5 is a case of quantity over quality.

Previous games were linear, but there were dozens of hidden features and tricks scattered throughout the game. (Just look up all the hidden things you can do in MGS 3)

MGS 5 has a huge open world, but was is there to do in it?
Can you interact with villagers? No.
Can you trade with vendors? No.
Are there any sort of obscure quest lines you can follow? No.
Even though it is a war zone they could've at least added a rebel faction like in MGS 4, which would've made for a whole bunch of new posibilites.

As for the boss battles, metal gear has always been known for having some of the most iconic boss battles in ALL of video gaming. And what do we have in MGS 5? One boss battle that is literally a bullet sponge with no clever tricks up it's sleeve like metal gears from previous games.
>>
>>343008941
the game is boring and repetitive
>>
Ive marathon'd through all the MGS and absolutely loved them

But what was with V having less crawling options compared to 4
>>
>>343008941
>Why do people dislike the new metal gear solid?

because it obviously incomplete, the jeep ride is literally the dotted cut here line after kojimbo was fired and everything after is just padding the game with repeated missions.
>>
>>343009947
But that's not true unless you always approach the missions the same way. There are so many things you can do to achieve an objective,
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 600x456
>shit controls Casual detected
>>
>>343010196
Like I said before in another thread

MGSV requires you to play ineffeciently to extend itself. All your options are largely superficial and you hardly need them to succeed. Most options really juat make the game easier and serve no other point.
>>
>>343008941
>I'm only begun the Africa missions and from what I've seen I'm still less than one quarter through the main missions with 34 hours in. Amazing value.
You're actually over half, because the second half of the game is LITERALLY repeating missions

Half the game is missing, that's why people dislike it
>>
you play metal gear for the retardedly convoluted stories, not retardedly unfinished stories
>>
>>343010572
Wait what?

I've heard you can lose Quiet on mission forty something yet I'm only in the teens. How does that make sense?
>>
>>343010717
> How does that make sense?
That's a good question, one everyone's been asking themselves after beating it
>>
>>343010643
That's retardedly wrong
>>
>>343010717
it'll make sense once you're done act 1 or episode 1 or whatever they call it, content drops like a rock
>>
>>343008941
>Why do people dislike the new metal gear solid?

>There aren't any boss fights every two minutes
>The game alt-tabs instantly.

You're... easily impressed.
>>
As a huge fan of Metaru Gia and MGS5 being my first-time into the Metaru Gia series, I have to say the scope of variety of this game is absolutely massive along with the story that takes you into a whirlwind adventure.
>>
I'm an oldfag. First metal gear was solid, I've played all including classic and portable+babel. 5 is one of my fucking absolute favorites.
>>
>>343009910
There's a lot of TECHNOLOGY hidden in MGS5 though
>>
>>343011093
Like what exactly?
>>
>>343010489
I understand what you mean. You COULD do a lot of the missions just by headshotting soldiers with the dart pistol but it's so much fun to experiment with the cardboard box, the decoys, the different grenades and other gadgets.

One of the best moments I had so far was when I set my chopper music to "fortunate son" (AKA "it ain't me") and I took over an outpost guns blazing with Pequod giving me fire support.
>>
File: MillerHolyFuck.jpg (16 KB, 338x279) Image search: [Google]
MillerHolyFuck.jpg
16 KB, 338x279
>>343008941
It was fine as a triple-A open world game, but fans didn't want to see MGS become a follower when it was once a leader. It didn't help that the story, one of the primary selling points of a Metal Gear game, was a poorly-presented mess for what it focused on, and what it didn't explicitly explain or explore was the interesting stuff.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the way people wanted to see the series end, especially considering that it was very obvious Kojima wanted to make at least one more game. (Presumably the full remake of the first Metal Gear)
>>
>>343011227
Climbing up cracks on the wall and big pipes to get to higher ground
>>
>>343011093
Not as much as in other games. Not by a longshot. Even Peacewalker, a PSP game had better TECHNOLOGY moments. You would know this if you played even a single other MGS game.
>>
>>343011227
If you drag an unconscious enemy and position his head in a body of water he will drown
>>
>>343011227
If you hide in the toilets and there's a soldier knocking on the door you can play a cassette tape of someone having diarrhea on your iDroid and it will dissuade the soldier from opening the door.

An enemy soldier saw me moving in my cardboard box and called the HQ. HQ said a cardboard box couldn't move and he was crazy. This went on and on. I genuinely laughed.
>>
I love 1-4. However, 5 is like a totally different franchise.

It's an extremely well-made stealth game and immerses you into the missions. But it's repetitive.

Halfway through, i'm wondering why I should bother. Each mission is a slight variant of 3 different tasks. Yeah, there are a lot of ways to complete a mission, but eventually I stop caring which version of an assault rifle to use (it will make no difference). It's a good game, just a bit flawed.
>>
>>343011519
Wow! Enemies take damage whenever they're unconscious AND their hitbox is inside water.
>>
>>343011790
Yes, it is very impressive and a great idea by Kojima if I do say so myself
>>
>>343011331
>>343011519
>>343011657
That's nothing compared to previous games though
Remember in MGS 3 when you could kill an enemy, wait for a vulture to feed on his corpse, kill the vulture, eat the vulture, and during the fight with the sorrow you could see the ghost of the enemy you killed and he would say "You ate me"?
>>
The gameplay sucks
>>
>>343011730
>which version of an assault rifle

you have no imagination
>>
I'm an oldfag. First metal gear was solid, I've played all including classic and portable+babel. 5 is one of my fucking absolute favorites.
>>
>>343011410
I've played all the games faggot. I didn't say it had more, or it was better, just that there's plenty of hidden shit too when that anon acted like there's nothing because there are no RPG elements. Who hasn't played the others?

To add to what other anons have already posted, you can collapse power lines and electrocute people.
>>
>>343011021
anyone who calls themselves an oldfag isn't one
>>
>>343008941
Mgs 5 is my third favorite mgs. But it's super unfinished. You can tell from the extended soundtrack alone that there are a handful of songs that didn't even get used in the game that have titles that clearly allude to things like venom accepting his persona, liquid and venom having some sort of final battle, and other shit.

I think this game was intending to be as varied as peace walker, but much less anime. And konami fucked it up.

That still doesn't change the fact that mgs fans are children and on this board specifically they just throw a temper tantrum and call it shit. It's not shit, it just didn't get the 100% amounts of polish the previous games did because of the unfortunate circumstances. What I find hilarious is that it's still a better game than mgs 4 in every regard but bosses and amount of cutscenes.
>>
>>343012368
> being 30 is a badge of prestige here
Thanks for informing me, newfag.
>>
>>343011519
same with mgs3 and 4
>>
File: kojimatroll.jpg (35 KB, 530x326) Image search: [Google]
kojimatroll.jpg
35 KB, 530x326
>stealth horse riding
>despite nothing about it being stealthy
>seeing someone ride a horse like that would be really suspicious
>especially when that horse is armored and donning a DIAMOND DOGS logo emblazoned on it
>"oh try not to stand out when you're riding that horse!"
>"fucking cling onto it sideways! The people will think it's just horse with boots on its saddle and belly running by for no reason!"
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>343011021
>First metal gear was solid

CAAAAAAAARLOOOOS
>>
>>343012397
>And konami fucked it up.
KOJIMA fucked it up. They fired him because of that.

He seriously damaged the MGS name, /v/ threads don't even happen about the series anymore when they used to be a daily occurence.

The game fucking sucks and Kojima is a faggot for releasing it like this.
>>
>>343012604
I thought soldiers think it's just a stray horse when you're riding sideways.
>>
>>343012693
Honestly, this. I've hated Konami for years after what they did to the Silent Hill franchise, but Kojima bares at least a gook chunk of the responsibility for the state V shipped in.
>>
>>343012693
It's probably 50/50 desu. He's already alluded to the fact that the work environment was really shitty with them shutting power off and whatnot. It's very clear whoever's fault it was, there was tons of drama going on during the development of the game, and the fans paid for it.
>>
>>343012397
My only hope is that kojima somehow gains so much clout with sony that they end up negotiating some sort of deal with konami to either buy the rights, or let kojima use the rights so he can make the game everyone wished for.

This is probably all never gonna happen, but in the age of nonstop remakes, I'm sure sony and konami see there's money in it.

I actually love mgs v, but i'm saddened by the idea that we'll never get another mgs game again.
>>
>>343011730
>It's an extremely well-made stealth game
Except it isn't, that's the problem.

The groundwork is all there and incredibly well polished at that, but there's absolutely nothing that builds off those foundations. Play something like Thief or Splinter Cell and compare it to V.

Anyone that thinks V is anything more than a 5/10 has absolutely no understanding of the underlying design decisions that make for a good stealth game.
>>
File: laughing_elf_man.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
laughing_elf_man.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>>343012397
>And konami fucked it up
>>
>>343008941
You're not an asshole so you focus on what was always MGS's main strength, the gameplay.
>>
>>343013491
MGS was never anything impressive gameplay wise. 3 was the closest it ever got to being good, and even then it was just good and not great.
>>
File: venomrealizesyoureafaggot.jpg (76 KB, 1061x717) Image search: [Google]
venomrealizesyoureafaggot.jpg
76 KB, 1061x717
>>343013613
>series is one of the fathers of stealth games
>not that impressive
>>
>>343012919
No. It's all Kojima.

The very fact that we know about the 'bad work environment' just proves that Kojima was doing MAD damage control because his ego is as large as the fucking moon.

There wasn't a single good concept presented in MGSV and nearly everything we knew about the game prior to it coming out was a lie.
>>
>>343013851
I'm not even gonna humor your hyperbole.
>>
>>343013810
Wasn't Castle Wolfenstein the father of stealth games?
>>
>>343013810
no it isn't

is Gears of War impressive for being the father of brown and bloom, third-person cover based shooters?
>>
>>343013810
mgs wasn't a father of stealth games, it just copied earlier games.
>>
>>343014002
yeah, wolfenstein and metal gear are basically the only relevant originators of stealth.
>>
>>343013962
Nice cop out you ignorant bastard.
>>
>>343012693
>waste a shitton of money on a digital waifu/character that no one gives a shit about, and 5 years of development
>game still wasn't finished
>was a ruse from the beginning, which would be fine if the ruse wasn't incredibly stupid
Konami is pretty shit for throwing the game out the door without it being finished, and even putting a fucking video of cut content in the collector's edition, but I can't blame them for firing Kojima.

Damn shame about the whole situation, I feel like Ground Zeroes is the closest we'll get to what the finished product would have been
>>
Is Konami shutting down game development the reason why their relation with Kojima got bad?

Also is it why the game is unfinished?

It was a long time in the oven though.
>>
>>343013810
>never gets blood on the eyepatch
It still bothers me
>>
>>343014841
And even Ground Zeroes was shit, though it had better level design than the main game.

>>343014878
Japan just cannot grasp what it means to make an open world game. They spent years making this fucking turd while forgetting what actually made the series great.

Same thing is happening with FFXV. Even the new Zelda game will probably suffer a lot, despite the fucking awesome gameplay mechanics I can already see a lot of red flags about that game.
>>
>>343014878
Nobody knows. That's why half the posts above you are just retards passing their speculations off as fact.
>>
>>343008941

Controls are the saving grace of Phantom Pain. Your totally right OP vee just doesnt want to hear it.
>>
>>343015493
>paying $60 for controls
>>
>>343014259
Metal Gear, the MSX game, basically invented the genre.
>>
its a great game just not a good movie
>>
>>343015660
it isn't a great game
>>
>>343015743
>your opinions wrong REEEEE
>>
>>343011940
You can do that? Time to go replay it, as there's obviously a ton I missed
>>
People often say that TPP's open world is lacking, but I'm glad they didn't put in all that pointless busywork you see in every open world game these days, like having to climb a tower to fill out your map, hunting a pig to increase your ammo capacity or whatever, I can't help but think those games are going to age badly because of how samey they are.

The gameplay is entirely focused on the stealth mechanics, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>343015608

>paying 60 $ dollars to have fun

yup you figured it out congrats
>>
>>343015092
>Japan just cannot grasp what it means to make an open world game. They spent years making this fucking turd while forgetting what actually made the series great.

OP here. This is the only metal gear (outside of MGR) that I got into and I think it's great. The controls are so much better and there are more gameplay options. See my first post. As for the open world part, it's not as open world as a rockstar game and there aren't many side-attraction but if you compare it to the other games it does feel much more open world.
>>
>>343015935
>also liking Rising

Fuck, you've got absolutely terrible taste
>>
>>343015897
yeah, i have to agree. my only realistic wish with this game right now is to hope that konami releases modder tools. Imagine if this autistic fan base had bethesda level freedom?
>>
>>343014878
People with a personal vendetta against Kojima for disappointing them will claim it was all him.

People willing to excuse the man if he came up to them and personally put out a cigar in their eye will claim it was all Konami.

The reality is a little column A, a little column B. We just don't know exactly to what extent. He's not guiltless, but Konami almost certainly had a hand in it that went beyond "game take too long, fire lying gook man".

The real problem with the Metal Gear series after 3 is that Kojima no longer wanted to work on them yet kept being pressured into it. I don't doubt he tried to make the most of it, but have you ever tried to do something you really didn't want to do? It's not a recipe for astounding quality.
>>
>>343015935
so you're not a fan of the series and you have shit taste.

gotcha, disregarded.

>>343015897
it added nothing to the game, it only took away from it.
>>
I haven't finished it so avoiding any spoilers by leaving thread immediately

i really like the game, only criticism is that arganistan is hard af to sneak around, and you can't save in the middle of a mission

>fulton extract like 40 dudes
>get my shit pushed in by the one guy i had missed with a shotgun next to the prisoner
>>
>>343015897
Been playing AC Black Flag, huh
>>
>>343016091
>The real problem with the Metal Gear series after 3 is that Kojima no longer wanted to work on them yet kept being pressured into it.
This isn't even true and it never has been.

Actually watch interviews with Kojima, he loves making the games and V was his baby.

He's just a retarded hack.
>>
>>343015935
>The controls are so much better
there worse than 4
>there are more gameplay options
there are less than in 4

>B-B-B-BUT 4 WAS A MOVIE
Irrelevant. The gameplay systems that were in place were substantially better, if under utilised
>>
>>343016142
That's not true. It added the ability to come into an enviornment from almost any direction you wanted.

It's most noticeable vs things like OKB zero, which is straight up old school mgs in a mission. You have like 2 ways in max. Was it the best choice? maybe not, but don't act like it didn't bring absolutely nothing to the table.
>>
>>343015897
We wanted bases. Big ones. Several per map. We got an airport, that place where you find huey, and OKB Zero. Each less than half the density of the base at the end of mgs3
>>
>>343016142
I wanted to like it but the shitty controls prevented me to. Also some of them are exclusive to the playstation consoles. MGS 5 benefits a lot to being on the PC, is it even 60fps on them?
>>
>>343015890
From what I remember off the top of my head:
>You can kill the end earlier on in the game, and during his boss fight you fight an ocelot unit instead
>Destroying supply buildings causes guards to be more cautious with their ammo and become hungry, and they can be baited by dropping food
>You can capture live snakes and throw them at enemies
>Staying in a cave long enough causes your eyes to adjust to the darkness
>>
>>343016091
>Kojima no longer wanted to work on them
That only applied to 4. Peace Walker and V were both games he chose to make himself
>>
Can someone explain what a hack is, and what makes Kojima one?
>>
>>343016414
it's noticeable. 4 fucking sucks compared to like every game in the series, and that's coming form someone that doesn't even like peace walker.
>>
>>343016407
4 is the only exclusive
>>
>>343016515
have you tried this cool place called google.com
>>
>>343015092
>Ground Zeroes was shit
Not even, it was extremely on point. It looked and played great, the atmosphere was top-notch, Camp Omega was well designed, and it left the player wanting more in a good way. My only complaint would be the price, even if I got more than my money's worth out of it. It should have just been either half price or included in the main game.
>>
Anyone who says early MGS has shitty controls has no business talking about games
>>
should've cut online completely and focused on the main game
>>
>>343016347
>That's not true. It added the ability to come into an enviornment from almost any direction you wanted.
Which takes away from the game being a 'stealth' game because it's so easy. The game wasn't balanced nearly enough because you literally never have to plan your exit or entry, you can just walk right on in because the enemies patrol the base randomly instead of with thought out routes like the previous games.

OKB seemed like the the sole decent mission and I S ranked it my first try while doing absolutely nothing special, I just walked past the guards.

The rest of the game is spent wasting time roaming around empty fields because why exactly? It's fucking boring.

Open world did nothing for the game.
>>
>>343016515
A hack is someone who presents themselves as a qualified proffesional but in reality is an unremarkable amateur that conned their way into the job.
>>
>>343016091

Youre talking about guilt? People here really are fucking hilarious.

Even if MGS5 blows GOATS compared to the other games, its still at least a decent game. Kojima is still a genius. He bears no guilt for innovating a genre and making the most cinematic quality game series of all time only to stumble with the final release.

And yes MGS4 is good if you disagree you didnt play it on weed
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (9 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
9 KB, 239x250
>>343016773
>>
>>343016410
Yeah, I knew about the supplies and throwing snakes. God damn this game is huge though
>>
>>343016815
DUDE
>>
>>343016871
Its true, MGS1/2 are practically 2D games and if you cant manage that then what are you even doing
>>
>>343016731
It was. The tanker mission, also a demo of sorts, was better in literally every way except graphics. GZ was bad.
>>
>>343016245
Kojima has been wanting to get out of this franchise for years.
He's a creative, making a creative stick with doing the same thing is basically making him not want to work.
He tried changing things, MGSV is very different from previous MGS because he wanted to make other kinds of games, not MGS #41297318946291

Look at Christopher Nolan, how he phoned in TDKR.
That's because these kind of people just want to do different things, and when someone works on something he doesn't like, he half-asses it.
>>
>>343016952
>He's a creative
>>
File: 1442026837214.png (102 KB, 776x708) Image search: [Google]
1442026837214.png
102 KB, 776x708
>before you queers get any ideas

Without any of the elements of a metal gear game its just a 3rd person Action game, and a mediocre one.
>>
>>343016952
to be fair, the game is still really fucking good. It seemed like it would have been amazing had it not gotten shipped out early. The impact alone the game would have had if GZ hadn't come out nearly a year early would be enough to change tons of peoples opinions.
>>
>>343016245
>watch interviews with kojima, he loves these games
Konami's lawyers threatened him with legal action if he attended a fucking award ceremony to accept an award for MGSV. You think they'd let him shittalk games he's making for them?
>>
>>343017083
He is.
You may think his games are trash, and that's understandable, everyone has a different opinion, but him being a creative is a fact, he always tried to do different shit.

>all that post modern thing in MGS2
>MGS3 being in part a survival game
>PW being a more gameplay oriented Monster Hunter-like game
>MGSV being Mercenaries 3: PMC Simulator

You can see how he struggled to do creative things, but being tied to the sandbox of MGS.
I'm sure he was really excited to do Silent Hills because it was going to be something that just wasn't MGS.
>>
>>343016941
What about 3 then?

Also in that game you have to cycle through endless menus every time you get shot. It's terrible gameplay.

inb4 don't get shot
>>
>>343009950

Controls got good enough that you could run and gun without it being an issue, so no need to crawl and sneak through.

I feel the game almost forces you to take the violent route by making it so easy. It was an option from 2 - 4, but V really makes it much more easy to go NUCLEAR rather than be super sneaky.
>>
>>343017161
>the game is still really fucking good
>>
>>343016952
No, he hasn't. He said -dozens- of times how excited he was before and during working on the next big MGS game.

You're full of shit and sucking the dick of a man who ruined MGS royally. What the fuck is wrong with you?

>>343017210
He's not an actor, he wasn't lying. Stop parroting /v/ you retard and do some research. It's not hard.

>>343017161
The game being in development wouldn't have made it any better, the cut episode was still shit looking like the rest of the game.
>>
>>343017210
This, he even said in some interview about Death Stranding that it's going to be a ''complete game''.
I think he's pretty mad at all this.
>>
>>343017450
I can't wait to play it in 203X then
>>
File: snakelaughingatv.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
snakelaughingatv.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
>tfw when all these "die hard" mgs "fans" shit talk a great game
>tfw just replayed mg1 through TPP
>had a great time all the way through
being a real fan feels so fucking good.
>>
>>343017415
>HE WASN'T THIS
>HE WASN'T THAT
>WAS GOING TO BE SHIT ANYWAY

Go away, whiny manchild.
>>
>>343017369
Yea...dont get shot

Im not a fan of 3s survival shit but I just ignored it aftet a while
>>
>>343017519
Not that long, this time he's not going to be developing and tunning his own engine.

>>343017415
>No, he hasn't. He said -dozens- of times how excited he was before and during working on the next big MGS game.

Of fucking course he did, and I would doubt he didn't have a pistol pointed at his head while he said that.
>>
>>343017356
The games had different teams. He didn't single handedly make the earlier games.

He did however do most of PW and MGSV.
>>
>>343011227

I feel there was much more TECHNOLOGY in the previous metal gears, MGSV misses even basic stuff that the other games handled.
>>
>>343017567
Good argument, retard.

>>343017675
>and I would doubt he didn't have a pistol pointed at his head while he said that.
You're such a retard. Why are you deluding yourself? You can't force a person to spend decades of his life making a game.
>>
>>343017675
Kojima didn't fucking program the engine himself you fucking retard. The game was in active development while that meme of an engine was being built, and an engine being developed alongside a game is far more common than you would believe. Virtually every japanese developer does it, as do all the major western publishers. Konami just chose to advertise it, that's all.
>>
>>343017856
>Kojima didn't fucking program the engine himself you fucking retard
No, Kojipro did.
They had to develop MGSV AND the engine that it runs in.
I'm quite surprised the budget didn't go upwards of 100 million.
>>
>>343017374
You get a better score if you go full stealth.

Anyway you'll have to agree it's fun once it a while to call your chopper and just annihilate a base with some music blasting out of your speakers. It's an awesome feeling you can't get in other games. It feels so right.

Also aren't the enemies supposed to counter your playstyle? Like if you always go for full stealth at night they'll start having night vision goggles. I'd imagine if you always go nuclear you'd see more tanks and APCs which would incite you to use stealth.
>>
>>343017106
>no camo index

do you faggots ever consider looking at how the game's designed before complaining? mgsv has a ton of flaws but half of the complaints are as stupid as whining that it doesn't have the scout crawl from 4.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 426x364
>>343017553
>tfw when loading up idroid with melancholic custom 80s playlist so venom can have ptsd in style

You feel it too don't you anon? The pain of not being an autistic man child that can have a good time
>>
>>343016952
Finally someone who recognizes TDKR was shit.

Why was everyone praising it at release? It's still in the top 250 of IMDB.
>>
>>343017973
Nice job missing every other part of my post

Did the concept artists help program the engine? The level designers? The composers? The scenario planners?

So many fucking companies do the same shit that Kojipro did with a tenth of the budget
>>
>>343013810
Splinter Cell always shat on MGS gameplaywise if we're going to be fully honest.
>>
>>343018316
don't agree. I always thought they were two sides of the same coin. MGS did arcadey liberal stealth, and SC did die hard, get caught and youre probably gonna die stealth.

Love both of them.
>>
>>343017835
>you can't force a person
clearly you've never been under contractual obligation before in your life

those things can be brutally watertight, especially for a draconian japanese corporation
>>
>>343016245
>This isn't even true and it never has been.
>Actually watch interviews with Kojima

http://www.metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs4_kojimaVSmgs4.html
>>
>>343018545
It was only "arcadey" because the design was too fucking shit to create something like Splinter Cell.

Splinter Cell is objectively better in every single possible way.
>>
Because it's the latest released game in the MGS series and people always shit on whatever's latest. When Death Stranding comes out, expect people to shift all the hate to that.

MGS V >>>>>>>>>> MGS 4
This is not debatable.
>>
>>343018275
I don't think the concept artists can do the job of the people actually developing the game.

>So many fucking companies do the same shit that Kojipro did with a tenth of the budget
CDPR, maybe?
Then again, the costs over there are really low due to living in slavland, and they don't have a cancerous company pushing them so much they had to release a paid demo.
>>
>>343015897
I agree 100%
>>
File: 1447091879330.jpg (3 MB, 2888x6000) Image search: [Google]
1447091879330.jpg
3 MB, 2888x6000
I played 80 hours of MGSV. So I can't say I "hated it". Obviously I had fun to play it that long.

But I generally dislike it nowadays because it eventually gets pretty boring. If you have played 10 missions, you have played them all. And the game repeats them for about 30 hours. Moreso if you do the awful extra missions. Add to that the annoying helicopter introduction cutscenes, Miller constantly talking over the radio repeating the same lines, fultoning hundreds of guards, and the absolute boring piece of shit that is Mother Base management and it really hampers the experience.

I find it much easier to replay MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3. Despite having more cutscenes, you can go through those games faster by skipping them and not dealing with any of the Mother Base nonsense.
>>
>>343016406
So you expected an open world to have even more detail than the linear game that MGS3 was?
>>
>>343018048
While that mechanic is in place (no extra tanks, but everyone starts wearing heavy armor and deploying more decoys) it's undermined by having those repeatable FOB ops to take them away again. I spent most of the game thinking security cameras had been removed, only to realize I'd just been constantly doing the op that removes them. I just saw what resources it got me and didn't read the full description.
>>
>>343019063
>not dealing with any of the Mother Base nonsense.
You can ignore Motherbase stuff if you want.
Aside from Fulton, you can complete the game with the initial loadout.
>>
>>343018819
nah, don't agree. It's roots come from MSX days, it stuck to that. SC was a creation from a newer gen.

Still love them both equally, but they're very different versions of the same thing.
>>
>>343018230
Mind sharing your playlist anon?

Metamatic by John Foxx is one of my favorite albums to listen to while playing, fits the tone well imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUGmh9gNxo
>>
>>343018849
Yes it is
Were there any memorable moments in MGS V?
>go here and extract this prisoner
>go here and blow up this vehicle
>go here and capture this outpost
>go here and fulton this container
All taking place in the same barren, boring open world
>>
>>343019080
Now you're seeing why an open world was a shit idea

>>343019179
because you can ignore a mechanic doesn't mean that the mechanic can't be criticised
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (39 KB, 601x265) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
39 KB, 601x265
>>343018819
>Splinter Cell is objectively better in every single possible way.
>>
>>343019179

Naw. You need either vehicle fulton or child fulton to complete the story.
>>
>>343019263

Sam is ugly but Chaos Theory is a beautiful game.

>>343019316
>>343019179

Nevermind, saw you pointed out Fulton.
>>
>>343019316
Notice
>Aside from fulton

>>343019258
>because you can ignore a mechanic doesn't mean that the mechanic can't be criticised
Just saying that you can skip the Motherbase stuff just like you skipped MGS1, 2 and 3's cutscenes.
>>
>>343019209
MGS did not have its roots in MG design wise, and once again you're sticking your fingers in your ear and ignoring the objective fact that Splinter Cell is heads and shoulders above Metal Gear Solid.

Even if that were true, Thief came out at the same time as MGS, and it is leagues ahead of it too.
>>
>>343019417
>Just saying that you can skip the Motherbase stuff just like you skipped MGS1, 2 and 3's cutscenes.

I don't think they're completely equivalent. The whole weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, research and development, setting up teams, e.t.c. is a pretty big part of MGSV's gameplay. A really bad part.
>>
>>343019471
>ignoring the objective fact that Splinter Cell is heads and shoulders above Metal Gear Solid.
Probably because nobody cares about Splinter Cell.
>>
Gameplay wise, MGSV is pretty great. It runs smoothly, looks beautiful, and has lots of ways to do achieve whatever objective you're going for. I think everything else just felt sort of uninspired and incohesive. In previous games you were constantly on some overarching mission objective that served as the driving force in the game. In MGSV, you play a mission or two, head back to mother base, hear Kaz talk shit on someone, and then fly back out to do some other mission. It just took a while and broke things up too much. The same is kind of true for character development for both Snake and the side characters. You got nice bits and pieces of development through the forced codec calls, but you could also get some through optional codec calls. Like, when you got stuck, a team member would give you some useful advice but also reveal a bit about themselves. In MGSV you phone a friend and get one of five short messages at random.

I think it's a fine game, but it falls off in a lot of ways that the other games are praised for.
>>
>>343018873
concept art is part of development you literal fucking baby

CDPR is one example, as is Ubisoft, Croteam, Monolith Soft, Crytek, Square Enix, Tri-Ace, Nintendo, Firaxis, Starbreeze, 343i, Bungie and Valve, and that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>343008941
>Why do people dislike the new Metal Gear Solid?
Because people are unwilling to recognize their expectations were utterly insane, and actually expected V's plot to be "good" after they buried 4 in a pile of shit for having a "bad" plot.
That, and the game is unfinished as fuck with loads of potential that will never be realized.
Makes me sad, but I still love it.
>>
>>343019471
>MGS did not have its roots in MG design wise

Did you even play MGS1? It's a direct copy in game design from MG2. MGS2 also borrows heavily from it.
>>
>>343019554
>The whole weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, research and development, setting up teams, e.t.c. is a pretty big part of MGSV's gameplay.

And completely pointless an unnecesary for the game.
Unless you want to unlock weapons, which is, as I said, unnecesary.
>>
>>343019653
Oh, sorry I forgot that MG2 was a 3D game!
>>
File: eLNEGEW.jpg (160 KB, 551x533) Image search: [Google]
eLNEGEW.jpg
160 KB, 551x533
>>343019685

Well, I sold my PS4 copy off. But if I play it again, I'll try it that way.

And maybe in pc version there is a way to mute Miller.
>>
>>343019471

nigga mgs1 and mg2 are almost the exact same game
>>
>>343019613
>Ubisoft
Ubisoft needs to put like 10 studios working on a single game to deliver, and even then, not a single one of them is as polished as MGSV, even though MGSV is literally unfinished.

Not to mention the fact that the FOX Engine was meant for all kinds of games, wasn't a tool just for one.
>>
>>343016190
The camo you wear matters a lot.
>>
>>343019613
>concept art is part of development you literal fucking baby
Concept artists can't do shit to help finish the game.
That's up to the guys who worked mapping the game, setting up the levels and tuning the engine.
>>
File: 1464634637947.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464634637947.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>343019751

It is very commonly accepted that MGS borrows HEAVILY from MG2. The radar, the movement, the scenarios, the bosses.

MGS1's 3D didn't make too much of a difference. You could look in FPV and the way the sniper and missiles worked depended on the 3D environment. But otherwise it was essentially a 2D game. Even the nikita missile was done way back in MG1.
>>
>>343016190
Maybe start using camos.
>>
>>343019823
Just like ubisoft's multiple engines!
>>
>>343020008
It had obvious similarities, but you're a deluded child if you think you can just slap a third dimension into a game and not have it fundamentally change the way the game is designed, developed and played.
>>
that demon system shit. put down the game once i couldnt wash myself off just fucking dumb
>>
>>343020051
Don't think any of their games share engines.
Not to mention there's no debugging phase in Ubisoft videogames.
>>
>>343020008
Have you ever tried playing MGS1 without the radar? Shit is tense as fuck, you have to rely on first person to get a sense of where guards are
>>
File: 2015-09-02_00013.jpg (17 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-02_00013.jpg
17 KB, 640x360
>>343020173
>he unironically killed people
>in MGS
Yeah, better go back to preordering Gears of War 4.
>>
>>343020158

Stop embarrassing yourself son. MGS1 is a direction continuation of the game design established in the first two games.

>>343020258

Have you ever tried playing MG2 without the radar? Shit is tense as fuck, you have to rely on your binoculars to see a screen ahead.
>>
It could have really benefited from more interior levels.

Kojima was too far up his own ass and took more inspiration from Peace Walker than he did 3 or 4. I don't think anyone would miss the half-assed Base building if it meant more polish in a different department.
>>
>>343020208
Their games do share engines.
Anvil was used by Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia and Shaun White Snowboarding.
Their latest engine was used for Assassins Creed, Rainbow 6 Siege and For Honour

kys (know your stuff)
>>
>>343020471
I would.
I liked the idea of building my own army.
>>
>>343011301
>It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the way people wanted to see the series end, especially considering that it was very obvious Kojima wanted to make at least one more game. (Presumably the full remake of the first Metal Gear)
Except Kojima said he had no interest in remaking any of the older games, since each game has essentially the same plot anyway. Hence why the series is so full of "poetry" moments.
>>
Can someone explain how enemy searches work? The FOB missions I'm doing make it feel like it's completely random on if they find you or not.
>>
>>343020632
This, he hated the idea of telling events that everyone already knew about.
>>
>>343020705
So why did everything after 4 exist? The story was already told, he's just padding it out.
>>
>>343020827
He hated telling specific events.
That's why all stories in PW and MGSV are completely new.
You didn't know about them, you just knew that Big Boss built Outer Heaven.
>>
>>343019243
>going into the surgical tent for the first time and not knowing what the fuck was going on
>racing past the skull snipers in your jeep
>kidnapping and stealing everything in OKB Zero
>Rescuing Kojima
>fighting off an entire army in Quiet's end
>the first time you do the sahelanthropus boss fight and assume you need to use rockets,and all the artillary scattered around, making it really fun compared to when you later realize using a machinegun is boring but more effective
>beating the shit out of Eli, repeatedly
>killing people with power lines
>interrogating people with the teleport grab
>slapping c4 on people and blowing them up when their buddies come over to help them
>blowing up choppers with the Quiet/grenade trickshot
>causing a blackout then having your dog kidnap everyone
>million dollar man punching guys before they can raise an alarm
>>
>>343020609
You should play actual strategy games then

MGSVs base building is laughable busy work thats more fit for mobile games, not a major entry in a stealth series
>>
>>343021006
I'd say it has more to do with the idea of building my own army, and the game being basically Mercenaries 3.
I liked gathering my own shit, and then going out with shit I developed and such.
>>
File: 8373292.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
8373292.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
>>343020173
>being this much of a coward that you're unable to face yourself so you put the game down.

You were never gonna make it anyway, anon.
>>
>>343019227
I'm the guy that anon quoted. but i'm gonna add this to my idroid. thanks anon
>>
>>343021117
MGS3 did the same thing in a simple cool moment without being a gimpy mechanic
>>
>>343019243
https://youtu.be/vUMUa-SsuXI?t=79

Nova Braga airport f.am
>>
>>343008941
The fact that many reviewers/gamers still consider to Metal Gear Solid V as "the best of the series or the most influential or significant game" just tells you how far this genre is to become something good. Good critics since long ago have recognized Commandos 2 as the best game of this genre, who was not the most famous or with more sales at the time, let alone all the time. The classic critics still pick a very controversial BioShock above other games that were much more popular. The "gamers who make reviews" are blinded by commercial success. MGS V outsold all (something that is false, by the way), and because of that it must have been the best game. True reviewers grow analyzing and playing games of the past, the "gamers" grow up playing classic games from the past. These reviewers are totally ignorant of the games of the past, they just care about success. It isnt surprising that they think that MGS V is worth remembering.
>>
File: 1466234497467.png (547 KB, 608x965) Image search: [Google]
1466234497467.png
547 KB, 608x965
>>343021243
you can't live in the past forever anon, face your demons
>>
>>343021367
hahaha ebin I love le scaruffi meme too
>>
>>343020827
>>343020924
Even then PW and V don't follow the usual nature of prequels of having everything neatly tied up to the earlier games set in the future, hence why they're both filled with so many retcons and new characters that were never mentioned before.

Story-wise, PoOps probably did a better job of connecting MGS3 to the MSX2 games than PW and V did.
>>
>>343021407
I do lethal when convenient and dont give a fuck

Anything else?
>>
>>343021097
Sure. Me personally I would have cut all of Mother Base/Fulton shit and go back to oldschool style where you infiltrate a massive facility. That to me is the true "soul" of a MGS game. The series lost alot when they left that formula I feel.

Groznyj Grad, Outer Haven, and Camp Omega are the best parts of their respective games for a reason
>>
>>343010717
He's kinda inaccurate. It's only like 7 missions that are repeats, with either added challenges or rules to them.

For the most part, you don't have to do them unless you want to 100%.

Eventually (i forget when but it is scripted) Quiet runs away past i think mission 45. This starts a new mission where you have to just go ape shit. Then you lose Quiet forever, (in a scene that i won't spoil). or until Konami patched it where you can unlock her back.

And yes, the game is unfinished.
>>
>>343021625
>Camp Omega
Literally forgot about that.
One of the most boring and soulless levels in the franchise.
>>
>>343021672
It had more going for it than most of MGSV

OKB Zero was good though
>>
>>343021625
outer haven is like the worst part of MGS4. what are you talking about? Next you're gonna tell me you loved the mr. and mrs. smith garbage with johnny and meryl
>>
>>343021862
Beating MGSV is not an achievement.
It just completely lacked any charm, and there's just way too little details compared to what came before.
>>
>>343021367
>>>/mu/
>>
>>343021928
Act 3 was the worst part m8

Outer Haven was probably the best stealth section in the game despite being so short
>>
>>343021928
I did. It was pretty fun seeing the recurring gag character show that he had some actual talent and didn't survive so long on luck alone
>>
Gameplay design is great.

Level design is top tier.

If they released modding tools so the thief 1&2 modding community could replace the stupud outposts with intricately designed houses and bases to sneak around
>>
>>343008941
MGSV would've been a lot better if it were 12-15 camp omega sized bases. The open world doesn't really add anything aside from sprinting from base to base.
>>
>>343022114
>Gameplay design is great.
>Level design is top tier.
>>
>>343021626
If you repeat Cloaked in Silence 7 times you get her back.
>>
>>343019471
Are you retarded or did you just never play MG1 and MG2?
>>
>>343022214
Yeah Konami patched that into the game.

Not a fan either desu. Completely ruined the point of her leaving.
>>
>>343022134
I think the proper solution would have been to add more things to do in the open-world, like in rockstar games.
>>
>>343022367
Like what, fishing?
>>
>>343022165
>>343022114

Woops. Im fucking tired.

Level design is dogshit outside of like two big bases and 1 tiny one.

the TTGL forums and fan missions are the thing the game needs
>>
>>343022367
You have no idea how to design a game
>>
>>343022109
>being okay with snake getting cucked
REEEEEEEEEE
>>343022107
I don't agree with you, I felt like it was a big box that was too easy to get past, and was just done to force a frog encounter.

But these are all opinions, I'm not gonna change your mind and you aren't gonna change mine.

I will say act 3 was the lowest point in the game though. I was so excited for that area when you first get there and expected so much more than was given.
>>
File: jehuty_will_do_kids_parties.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jehuty_will_do_kids_parties.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
Because it isn't a Metal Gear Solid game and it really shows, it was a Zone of The Enders game until very late in development when they decided to slap some Metal Gear characters to it and tried to make a story around it but decided to drop it and just have the characters not talk because they ran out of time and money.

But if you hated MGS1-4 then ofc you are going to love it, because it's a completely different game.
>>
>>343022438
Not him, but just make it like peace walker. I fucking hate peace walker, but it seems to have enough dumb activities that the spergs that enjoyed that game praise. or make all the missions actually come from real locations that snake had to visit, which im still convinced was the original idea but got cut, no proof, just a hunch.
>>
>>343022869
That fixes absolutely nothing
>>
>>343022829
It plays nothing like Zone of the Enders either, you dingus. Kojima didn't even direct any of those.
>>
>>343022438
arm wrestling, knife-throwing and poker with your soldiers at motherbase

make them only appear from time to time so you have to check back often

other than mini-games, make more missions that use the whole map rather than little segments of it like traveling from point A to point B undetected
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
>>343022829
anon, the whole story revolves around venom having PTSD, PDD, and forms of amnesia. It's pretty obvious why he doesn't talk. It's also used to show that he's not a charismatic warlord like big boss is.

Please stop spreading lies
>>
>>343023089
>It plays nothing like Zone of the Enders either
No way?!
>>
>>343023089
>Zone of the Enders
How are those game btw? Never played any.
>>
>>343009582
Psx*
>>
>>343023195
No, there was plenty of dialog recorded, but then Kojima watched Fury Road and decided to cut it all out
>>
>>343022829
>Because it isn't a Metal Gear Solid game and it really shows
This, it just features MGS characters.

If they called it Meta Gear Ops or someshit I would have tolerated it more. GZ/PW/TPP is all a glorified spin-off
>>
File: RiEAyZV.png (52 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
RiEAyZV.png
52 KB, 521x521
>>343021237
Glad you like it anon! This is one of my favorites, too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNIUf6NsZM
>>
>>343023058
yes it would, it'd give more locations meaning, make the open world feel more immersive, give you more of a reason to want to go back to MB, add in more characters, possibly give more light to venom's personality when you see him interact with the people he's doing jobs for. The list literally goes on, and these are all minor things.
You're blind if you really think it does nothing for the open world.
>>
>>343023346
it does nothing for the gameplay I mean
>>
>>343023346
Alot simpler to just cut the open world, cut mother base and focus purely on stealth behind enemy lines with cool bosses.

You know, the things people actually like about MGS
>>
>>343023298
no there wasn't. you're literally lying right now.

The "plenty" of recorded dialogue is like ~10 sentences to paz, which don't even sound good, and lessen the effect of paz even being there.

And the speech from venom that will come from nuclear disarmament, which is never gonna come.
>>
>>343023435
oh, my mistake.
>>343023465
I hear you, but i'm just offering something to fix what we were given in a less "overhaul the entire game" type of way.
>>
>>343023604
I'm not talking about shit fished out of the game files. You're blind if you don't see the giant fucking holes in the writing and can't read between the lines based on what Kojima said before release
>>
>>343023252
The first Zone of the Enders was basically a glorified tech demo for the PS2 that only sold because it came with the MGS2 demo. 2nd Runner is the one people actually care about.

You can get the HD Collection on PS3 (there's also a 360 version, but they never fixed the performance issue in that port).
>>
File: Skull Face Chat.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Skull Face Chat.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
"And that's my plan to destroy the English language and achieve global nuclear deterrence. What do you think?"

"Uh...what do you think of my plan?"

"Hello? Please respond..."
>>
>>343023874
lmao, you have 0 proof of that and are literally making stuff up.

It's hammered home that venom is suffering from tons of shit in his head, hence the paz stuff, hence the fact that he progressively starts to talk a little more towards the end of the game, and hence the fact that he has a fucking thousand yard stare throughout the fucking game. The game starts with him staring into a fucking mirror in pure isolation for fucks sake

once again, Stop making shit up.
>>
>>343023874
Was probably Konami's fault. Kojima probably wanted to do a game where you have to kill child soldiers but Konami wouldn't let him. I bet he had all kinds of fucked up shit originally but Konami made him cut it all out and release a half finished script.
>>
>>343024184
>Was probably Konami's fault
sure thing buddy

if the game was half finished after 5 fucking years it's no ones fault but moviejima's
>>
>>343024376
It's true though. In this industry it isn't profitable to make games that deal with truly horrifying themes. I bet Kojima wanted to make a game like that as a final hurrah but Konami didn't want to risk ruining there company image. Kojima probably fought to put that stuff in the game and Konami and Kojima got sick of each other.
>>
>>343024624
okay, I'm sure
>>
File: 47 okay.png (235 KB, 435x423) Image search: [Google]
47 okay.png
235 KB, 435x423
>>343024021
>Scanning all his men during his speech because I wanted to see who to take.
>None of them can be fultoned.
>>
>>343024376
>if the game was half finished after 5 fucking years it's no ones fault but moviejima's
This. Maybe if Kojima spent more time helping polishing his game instead of doing hoir-long vlogs on Youtube, posting pictures pf his food and kept Hayter instead of replacing him with a hasbeen TV actor, maybe MGSV might had actually been finished with Kingdom of the Flies included.
>>
this is actually the best MGS game after MGS3
>>
>>343024752
>instead of doing hoir-long vlogs on Youtube
Those came after MGSV had already been out for a while. Also posting food on twitter takes 30 seconds.
>>
>>343024886
keep slurping on that semen
>>
>>343024624
The ESRB is very strict when it comes to killing kids in video games. You can't blame Konami for literally everything.
>>
File: 1466891685618.png (135 KB, 288x415) Image search: [Google]
1466891685618.png
135 KB, 288x415
>>343024723
>>343024376
I love how that other anon shit's all over your argument so you just side step his post and start arguing with someone easier to pick on.

are there bigger man children than mgs fans? loving every laugh right now.
>>
>>343024809
I can accept that in some sense

MGS2 is still the best game for me
>>
>>343024886
I'm talking about the Kojima Station thing he did for a while that was in Japanese only, where he trolled viewers at one point by saying he had a big announcement and it turned to be addition of the Chicken Hat as a gameplay feature in TPP.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 430x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 430x341
>>343025006
KEK I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS
>>
>>343025006
I didn't argue because there's no fucking point. People have been explaining why Kojima was a hack and Konami did nothing wrong for nine months now.
>>
>>343024809
>MGS3
>best
shit taste
>>
>>343024935
>>343024956
We will see who is right when Kojima and his co workers can finally explain what actually caused them to leave Konami and explain more about MGSV's development.
>>
To put it simple, MGSV is a game with great mechanics held back by boring and downright lazy mission design.
>>
>>343025648
the mechanics are passable

It does the bare minimum and nothing else.
>>
>>343025648
I can dig this
>>
>>343025080
I love the series, the only game I kinda don't like is MGS4 just because the story is jsut so fucking bad, at least the game parts were fun

I don't get why people cry so much about the story in MGS5, it was ok, not brilliant but no MGS had a brilliant story, MGS2 had an original take and MGS3 had some great characters, but thats all

MGS5 is an absolute gorgeous game with amazig gameplay, content and variety, I only rank MGS3 a little higher because Kojima nailed The Boss as a character and the setting was great
>>
Metal Gear Solid SUPERFAN here. Here were the problems with The Phantom Pain (in order):

> All the missions were basically the same, no variety or special tasks that made the old games so fun.

> No indoor environments. Africa and Afghanistan are both visually nice, but actually they are pretty dull and boring with almost no actual structures

> The story sucked. Once again Kojima goes on a subplot heavy, obscure character, journey that leaves the player uninterested in the characters and questioning what the fuck even happened
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 15-39-13-14.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 15-39-13-14.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
Who was in the wrong here?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.