[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here own both of these consoles ? Did their games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 5a8720t.jpg (211 KB, 1280x535) Image search: [Google]
5a8720t.jpg
211 KB, 1280x535
Does anyone here own both of these consoles ?

Did their games and features satisfy you ?
>>
I own both, including both their handhelds.

I think what's more important is weather or not I enjoyed the games and had fun and the answer is yes to all consoles and handhelds but even then the wiiU was quite underwhelming, none of the games really made me go wow or locked me in immersion, they were just kind of nice.. if you know what I mean.
>>
>>343006057

I own a Wii U, and have had my cousin's PS4 for the last 5 months, for Kingdom Hearts 2.8/3.

Barely touch the PS4, mostly becasuse fuck shooters, and I have no frame of reference to tell what outside genre games for it are good.

Love my Wii U to death, but play it less and less as the no games meme is real.
>>
I do. And yes, i love both
>>
>>343007143
>Barely touch the PS4, mostly becasuse fuck shooters
what??? the PS4 doesn't even have that many shooters compared to the other available genres on it
>>
File: shitty tumblr gif.gif (858 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
shitty tumblr gif.gif
858 KB, 245x300
>>343006057
I have both, a 3DS and a PC.

Honestly, the Wii U is by far my favorite system this gen. Wonderful 101, Bayo 2, MK8, Tropical Freeze, Sm4sh, these are all masterpieces to me. Lately, I have been playing my PS4 more and given Sony isn't sending it out to die, I have more to look forward too.

I really enjoyed Uncharted 4 and local SFV so far. Currently I'm playing Doom. But honestly, I mostly use it as a Netflix/Hulu/HBO box.

tl;dr consolewars are for poorfags and shitposters
>>
I hate using my Wii U because of the controller, it feels so cheap and shitty in my hands. I own a pro controller too, it's not much better.
PS4 controller feels like a sophisticated piece of tech.
>>
>>343006057
They both have there faults I enjoy my PS4 more however

Wii U has some great niche titles and I'm a musou fag so HW is perfect as well.

To bad every other game is pointless when you get all the collectibles

Idort is the only proper way to experience gaming. Excdpt xbone.
>>
wiiu in storage after being bored with smash and beating bayo
3ds at my coworkers, too lazy to figure out where it is
ps4 collecting dust on my table - hell the destiny/uncharted collection that came with the bundle is still shrink wrapped

what a shitty gen
>>
>>343008672
Sounds like its just you.
>>
>>343008832
nah just beat Doom on PC
OP just get a good build
>>
>>343006057
My Wii U has been collecting dust since Xenoblade came out

Meanwhile I play my PS4 everyday. FFXIV is super comfy to play with friends, Uncharted 4 multiplayer is a lot of fun, and Dark Souls 3 on PS4 has a much better online community than PC.
>>
>>343006057
I own both but I barely even use the Wii U and it sits out in the living room in case someone brings young kids over. That's all it's good for now. Bayo2 was good, as was 101 but two games I really wanted to play does not a good console purchase make. Maybe I will get Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
>>
I own both and a PC.

The WiiU had really good games, and I enjoyed my time with them, but it's pretty much dead right now, and I don't see anything interesting in the future apart from Zelda. The PS4 on the other hand also has really good games, but it has longevity, something the WiiU doesn't.
I had a blast with my WiiU for about a month, then I finished all of the good games I was interested in, and now it's collecting dust, while there is usually something decent out every month for PS4, and I boot it up every now and then to try a new game.

I think it's really about whether you want a console that has a decent library of good games available, that you are going to deal with in a fairly short time, or one that has less top notch games in comparison, but have constant good ones coming out, and is going to make you keep playing it for longer.
>>
File: 1465693409454.jpg (33 KB, 600x683) Image search: [Google]
1465693409454.jpg
33 KB, 600x683
>>343006057
PC mustard here. Hated my WiiU for the first 2 years until it got games. Still can't find a reason to boot up the Quadruple. If you are planning on being a console only cuck you will probably find much more use for the Nogeams quad
>>
File: PS4 Library.jpg (41 KB, 555x800) Image search: [Google]
PS4 Library.jpg
41 KB, 555x800
>>343006057
>PS4 games

inb4 "b-but Dude Raider is relevant!!!1"
>>
>>343006057
Own a WiiU, will be buying a PS4 in September/October once the big wave of games starts coming out
I play my WiiU a fair amount, I've been going through and buying older platformers that I didn't want to drop 50-60$ on at the time like DKCTF and Super Mario 3D Land, been having fun with those
I've played and enjoyed way more games on the WiiU than I ever did for the Wii, so while it's by no means an amazing console, it's a large improvement
Also The Wonderful 101 is probably my favorite game released in this decade
>>
>>343006057
Wii U is great, but shit the bed after Splatoon. My PS4 has never, ever been played for anything other than Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, PuyoPuyo Tetris, and Skullgirls Second Encore. Fuck PS4.
>>
>>343006057
Own both. Wii U's OS annoys me in how it is organized. Doing anything like messaging friends seemed like too much of a hassle so I never really learned how to do all that shit on it. As for games, it just seems lackluster for what I've come to expect from Nintendo consoles. Especially since Nintendo has always been my couch multiplayer console, and they seem to be giving up on that niche, at least in a competitive sense.

PS4 has a pretty good layout, but the lack of organization in the main menu bar just annoys me. For people that say just use the library, you can't even remove unwanted shit from your library. Just a little more work on those issues and I would say the system is perfect. As for games, it is doing fine so far, but too many games aren't running as well as they should. I doubt better hardware would fix this. Those companies will just try making the games look better, while the game will still suffer from fps problems, random crashes, and other bugs. For example, Just Cause 3 crashed at least once a day, and the fps would drop so low that the game would literally freeze for up to around 15 seconds then resume.

Definitely wait on both if you are thinking about buying. See what the NX and Neo have to offer, and how well they run older games.
>>
>>343006057
I own both. My Wii U is currently in storage.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.