[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 EURO HELL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: ss+(2016-06-28+at+01.28.08).png (242 KB, 655x379) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-28+at+01.28.08).png
242 KB, 655x379
/v/ I have 10 euros on my Steam wallet. Polls decide which one I get.

A) Trails in the Sky
B) Grandia II

https://www.strawpoll.me/10606230

Note: I tend to prefer superior stories/writing over gameplay
>>
ahhhh help
>>
Trails has the better story but holy hell it ends on a cliffhanger so big that if you can't immediately buy the sequel you'll just tear your hair out, the first game is basically a prologue.
>>
Grandia 2 has far better combat and characters

jrpg stories are not important, it's the way they're presented that really matters and good god is Trails slow. playing the sequel is pretty much mandatory to get anything out of it
>>
If you can only spare 10 bucks, I'd go with Grandia. Trails FC is merely a buildup to Trails SC.
A build up with a painfully slow start.
>>
>>343003698
>>343004702
is trails sc any good even
>>
>>343006374
Yes, very.
>>
>>343006374
Trails is pretty good, but the first chapter can't hold its own. 75% of the game is spent doing pretty much nothing worthwhile.
>>
G R A N D I A I I
R
A
N
D
I
A

I
I
>>
>>343006374
Depends of what you define good

Don't go in expecting a huge adventure to kill a monster lord that wants to take over the world like final fantasy or dragon quest

It is VERY slow and builds up on everything and everyone, even side npcs(most of them are named and you will see even shopkeepers return and remember you.)
>>
what about grandia 1, should i play that before grandia 2?

I know they might not be completely related but i wonder if the first one is good enough as well
>>
Nostalgia wants me to tell you to get Grandia 2 because as a game it is great.

But if you prefer story to gameplay, Trails is a much better choice.
>>
>>343007559
If you have a PS1, get the undubbed Grandia 1.
If you have a Dreamcast, get the undubbed Grandia 2.
If you have a PS2, get the undubbed Grandia 3.
Do not get the shitty PC ports.
>>
>>343007559
The first one's pretty good as well. I'd recommend playing them both.
There's not related.
>>
>>343007751
I thought only grandia 2 had a pc port
>>
>>343007751
Is there a proper undubbed version of grandia 1? Seems like there's some partial undub thing floating around, is that what you're referring to or is there something better?
>>
Gamesart is dead, they won't get your money if you buy Grandia II. Either go back in time and buy it when Gameart was still alive and kicking... or just pirate it.

Get Trails in the Sky.
>>
File: 1288284106142.png (61 KB, 255x326) Image search: [Google]
1288284106142.png
61 KB, 255x326
>>343004218
>jrpg stories are not important

Kill yourself.
>>
>>343008240
It was fully undubbed, both discs.
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?95616-Mod-Grandia-(UNDUB)-NTSC-U
>>
Trails has a better story but requires you to buy the second (better) game.

Grandia is a classic JRPG with arguably the best combat system in the genre, top tier game.

Lunar and Grandia 1 are coming to steam if G2 sells/sold well.
>>
>>343007751

>Do not get the shitty PC ports.

The new steam version of Grandia 2 is the unchallenged best version of the game.
>>
>>343009271
It's not.
the Dreamcast version is.
>>
>>343009420

It's a port of the dreamcast version that runs and looks better.

it also costs less if you go that route
>>
>>343009523
But the Dreamcast version has an undub+retranslation that's closer to the original script, thereby making it superior.
>it also costs less if you go that route
Except it's far cost effective if you own a Dreamcast since it's literally download and burn to disc.
>>
>>343009628
Too add injury to insult, the PC port also has some minor inconsistencies that the Dreamcast version doesn't have.
http://isans.blogspot.com/2016/04/grandia-ii-undub-10-released.html
>>
>>343008903
Oh, good. That thread itself seemed to suggest otherwise, but I'll find out for sure once I download it. Thanks.
>>
Do you like music OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYIDqzTt0w4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONfsUCAARE
>>
Grandia has a god tier OST and a fairly simple yet good story (think DQ like).

It has a slow start but really picks up. Some of the bosses have massive leaps in difficulty compared to their areas which is irritating sometimes
>>
>>343009953
No problem.
It should emulate just fine, I'm not entirely sure about real hardware though.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.