[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final consensus on the VR meme? I think it's time to bury
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: VR_Web_Product_HMD.png (538 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
VR_Web_Product_HMD.png
538 KB, 1500x900
Final consensus on the VR meme? I think it's time to bury the gimmick for good.

HOWEVER. Someone who owns an Oculus or Vive may convince me otherwise. Go ahead and try because I'd like to believe.
>>
I'll wait for the next generation
>>
>>343002707
this, i'll bite when its 1/4th of the price, 10x as powerful, and actually has a few games on it.
>>
I don't really care what you think. It's a viable platform already. It just comes down to the amount of games it receives over the next few years. Currently, it looks like it will get the support it needs to exist as its own thing alongside regular PC gaming. That's mainly all I care about.

In the mobile market its a different beast all together.
>>
File: 1454290488106.png (342 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
1454290488106.png
342 KB, 500x582
Honestly, I'm not sure what you want anon.

Do you want your 20 years of gaming to be matched in quality by a brand new platform?

I'd hate to answer your question with a question but I have to: what is it exactly you want from VR?
>>
>>343002865
what's it like being in virtual reality? I know it's hard to answer but I just want to know how it feels. like are you actually for all intents and purposes THERE?
>>
>>343003164
yes
>>
File: dte.gif (2 MB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
dte.gif
2 MB, 450x342
>>343002927
>>
>>343003164
Its really easy to slip into and out of. Before you realize it, you are actually afraid of the virtual ledge. Or you've forgotten about the very real wall or TV. But the other side is that immersion is gone the second you lose tracking or the HMD slips off the sweet spot on your head.

It gets compared to a drug trip pretty often, because sometimes after being in a VR game for awhile, reality feels kind of fake.

There are people that have had the feeling persist for weeks and it terrorize them. So yes.
>>
>>343003874
>pussies getting petrified by VR
lol
>>
>>343004271
Well, specifically they feel disconnected to their body, and sometimes get visual issues that make them nauseous days after using VR. Quality of life shit.
>>
>>343003874
What's it like ON drugs?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.