[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not exclusive .
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: re7xb1box.jpg (26 KB, 220x278) Image search: [Google]
re7xb1box.jpg
26 KB, 220x278
Now that we know it isn't a precious PS4 EXCLUSIVE, can we talk about how it isn't a resident evil game ?

Can we critic it without bias now ?
>>
B-but it's called Resident Evil 7, OP. How is it not a Resident Evil game. Sure it's not like the other's but neither was 4. Or 5. Or 6.
>>
Can't wait for Markipliers let's play of Resident Evii, it's going to be hella epic.
>>
>>343000920
The demo felt like the right direction for RESI to go to.

However, it's still a blatant PT / Silent Hills clone at the moment. The demo's said to be nothing like the final product, which is said to play more like the older RESI games.
>>
>>343001150
It's called resident E7

As In 7 episodes.

You buying that season pass anon ?
>>
>>343000920
they will call it as Resident Evil: Subgame title instead Resident Evil 7.
>>
>>343001283
Speaking of the demo was it ever solved or did people just end up over thinking the whole thing?
>>
>>343001373
I just might if the final product upholds the quality they've displayed in the demo.
>>
>>343001283
PT is just a AAA rip off from many japanese and korean games like whiteday or Ju-on.
>>
>>343001283
I honestly don't mind a clone of a game that's never going to be released. Maybe while I'm playing I can pretend I'm playing Silent Hills
>>
>>343000920

>muh no exclusive

Everybody with half a brain knows the exclusive 3rd party era is over, everybody not-retarded knew this wasn't going to be exclusive game because RE is multi-plat since RE4 failed as a GC exclusive, and since RE 4 and 6 ( the best selling games of the franchise) sold the best in X Box 360.

3rd Party exclusives are dead forever because a company can release a game in 2 consoles and PC for maximum profits, there is absolutely no advantage in releasing an expensive game in one platform.

This reminds me of some Nintendo/X box fanboys that run a vydia webzine in my country celebrating because they believe Sony lost the Tekken 7 and it's being released in ONE too, when Tekken is multi-plat since 6.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-191705.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-191705.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Hold on a sec anons. Look at the cover a little closer
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-191713.png (965 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-191713.png
965 KB, 1440x2560
>>343002310
Closer. Do you see what I see?
>>
>>343000920
>how it isn't a resident evil game ?

It wouldn't surprise me if the game was 3rd-person.

>>343001283
>which is said to play more like the older RESI games.

Said by whom?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-191721.png (801 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-191721.png
801 KB, 1440x2560
>>343002418
Holy shit yes. Our answere are questioned! The new resident evil will in fact have anthropomorphic bullet people with hooves! Del Toro is a genius.
>>
Oh right RE used to be Sony exclusive but then 4 was on Gamecube for some reason.

What happened? Some sort of reverse Final Fantasy thing?
>>
>>343002535
So this is the power...of autism...
>>
File: resident-evil-6-1920.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6-1920.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
*sigh*

we could have had a masterpiece sequel to this instead

fuck capcom
>>
>>343000920
>All these babies whining that the game is too different
I love it.
>>
>>343002469
>It wouldn't surprise me if the game was 3rd-person.

This ,I think the same and I bet there will be a different mode with side -stories related to the main game that will be played in 1st person like the demo, it will be basically the VR compatible mode.
>>
>>343002735
giraffe
>>
>>343002735
Not enough people bought it, don't blame Capcom. They made it too big and bloated. Hopefully they make a side game like Revelations 3 or something that carries on the more action focused gameplay in a smaller, more focused game.
>>
>>343002662
It's the power of Capcom not knowing what little girls look like.
>>
>>343002915
>Despite the criticisms, it was a financial success; with over 6 million copies sold, it currently stands as Capcom's second best-selling game.
>>
I don't want an RE game less actiony than 4/Revelations 2
>>
>>343000920

So what if it isn't exclusive, you know more people are going to buy it for the PS4 in comparison anyway.
>>
>>343000920
I like it anyway. More than anything after 4. (Though Rev2 was pretty good)
Hopefully, that axe is an actual weapon in the full version. And, yes, I am saying I'd like the full version to play about the same.
>>
>>343002968
i bet you're very familiar with little girls aren't you?
>>
>>343002996
And yet it still didn't make enough money. That's how poorly they planned that game.
>>
>>343002469
>Said by whom?
Capcom. Last week.
>>
>>343001479
There is only one ending, and that's being adopted. You may or may not receive a phone call prior to that.

That's it. The axe exists just to indicate that there will be a combat system. The finger exists just to highlight the inventory.
>>
>>343002631

>Oh right RE used to be Sony exclusive but then 4 was on Gamecube for some reason.
>What happened? Some sort of reverse Final Fantasy thing?

No idea why, they just decided to make the game exclusive for the GC just because,an strange move since the series was know as a PS flagship franchise.

The sales weren't good enough anyway and they ported the game to PS2 like 5 months later with extra content, the PS2 outsold the GC version and even Shinji Mikami apologized to Nintendo fans for breaking the promised of exclusivity.

The rest is history and the game has been ported to every toaster even to the Zeebo an underpowered Brazilian console, and since all RE are released in every console because why not? exclusives at this point are a bad idea in every sense if you are not the company that owns the platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAwupPdY0k
>>
>>343004418
cause the ps2 was an underpowered piece of shit is probably why
>>
>>343004459
(you)
>>
>>343000920
>Now
It's like E3 didn't happen and this game just came from nothing.
>>
Do you think Billy Coen got eaten by dogs before he even got out of Raccoon forest?
>>
>>343004617
That is literally why though. And Mikami hated PSX because it was prone to breaking.
>>
>>343004617
holy fuck, fucking underage sonygger shits are ruining this board. FUCK OFF SONYGGERS
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 753x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 753x733
>>343000920
Capcom makes RE games that are nothing but TPS's. "These aren't RE games!"

Capcom makes an RE game that looks to be a return to the horror roots, with less focus on action. "This isn't an RE game!" God, I love the series, but the fan base is a bunch of fucking crybabies who don't know what they want.
>>
>>343005238
Nah, he made it. He made it.
>>
>However, director Kōshi Nakanishi said in a Capcom Unity blog post that "I think you can look at the trailer or the demo and get that impression, but don't worry, we haven't just thrown out Resident Evil as it exists and turned it into a ghost story. It will all make sense in the end."

>He expanded upon that in the blog, saying that, "In the 20 year history of Resident Evil, you know that the key pillars of the game are fear and horror, exploration of the environment, puzzle-solving elements, resource management, and combat against enemies. Those are all in this game, but we wanted to start off with the first two – horror and exploration – and get you experiencing those two pillars up front

>If you’re thinking that because those other elements aren’t in the demo, that they won’t be in the game, that’s not the case. We’re focusing up front about the message of horror coming home in this demo."

>He also confirmed that the Quick Time Events introduced to the series in Resident Evil 4 won't be making a comeback, with producer Masachika Kawata adding "I know there are a lot of people will be relieved to hear that."

Is ok.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.