[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /v/ right now who complain about storytelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: q.png (72 KB, 127x190) Image search: [Google]
q.png
72 KB, 127x190
>there are people on /v/ right now who complain about storytelling in video games but have never read a single novel outside of their school's curriculum
>>
File: 1416859571693.jpg (446 KB, 1139x1280) Image search: [Google]
1416859571693.jpg
446 KB, 1139x1280
>>342999618

Morrowind is my favorite game and I consider Story the most important part of a game

I've not read much.

The Zombie Survival Guide
World War Z
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Walking Dead Comics
Various other comics
Ruroni Kenshin Manga
All of H.P Lovecrafts works.
The Halo Novels

Judge me
>>
>>342999932
>/co/ approved "literature"
>Judge me
I wouldn't visit >>>/lit/ if I was (You).
>>
>>342999932
pop culture: the reader

Fall of Reach was pretty damn good though
>>
i can't read good but i know a good story when i see it m8 so eat me
>>
>>342999618
>in order to be critical of a game's story you must have read the entirety of all classical western literature and whatever drek kiddos and soccer moms are into this month

lol, this guy right here
>>
>>342999618
I've read a ton of stuff but I don't think you need to in order to not enjoy a story.
>>
>>343000194
>whatever drek kiddos and soccer moms are into this month
That has no basis on storytelling at all
>>
>full body picture of movie Ozymandias
>that filename
Real subtle.
>>
>>343000332
Ehh, it doesn't fucking matter if it does or not. The faggot OP's post is just another variant of "you can't say this food tastes like shit unless you're a professional chef." This thread sucks dicks.
>>
>>343000578
>>343000578
the point is that people "aren't even eating food at all" before complaining that it tastes like shit
>>
>>343000946
So people are just randomly complaining about stories in games they've never played? Is this what you're trying to claim your OP was about?
>>
>>343001056
Not only do they not know what good storytelling is but yes, many of them blatantly shitpost about parts of games they've never played including the story
>>
>>343001363
You really are just a retard who can't deal with differing opinions about games you like.
>>
>>343001546
I haven't listed a single game I like in this thread. I'm just making a point that a lot of people on this board complain about something they can't even fully appreciate
>>
>A Clockwork Orange
>Frankenstein
>Almost done with Metro 2033

I don't read books often.
I'm still surprised that, in a video game adaptation, your character has possibly killed a dozen bandits and mutants in the first hours and in the book the number he killed can be counted on a single hand during the whole story.
>>
>>343001727
>I haven't listed a single game I like in this thread.
Deliberately, I'm sure.

>I'm just making a point that a lot of people on this board complain about something they can't even fully appreciate
Just because they don't like your favorite game doesn't make them ill-educated or poorly read.
>>
>>343001942
goalpost is getting pretty heavy, huh?
>>
>>343002841
This doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>343002841
I already moved it thirty-five minutes ago.
>>
>>343002997
I know, I should have called you out when you ran out of things to say and just accused me of being mad but I let it go
>>
>>343003165
>accused me of being mad
Where in this thread did that happen?
>>
>>343000532
^_^
>>
>>343003457
see >>343001546
"mad" was paraphrasing buts its the same idea
>>
>>343003674
But you really are just a retard who can't handle differing opinions. That's not calling you mad, that's just stating the facts. This entire thread exists because...

>wow, these fucking faggots don't like [my favorite game this month]
>it can't be due to differing opinion, because [my favorite game this month] is literally and objectively perfect
>they must just be retards

No, John. You are the retards.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.