[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was it about Persona 4 that attracted so many normalfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: P4D-Adachi-3.jpg (60 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
P4D-Adachi-3.jpg
60 KB, 640x362
What was it about Persona 4 that attracted so many normalfags to the series?
>>
>>342999319
upbeat story (for the most part) and shallow characters that made you feel like you had friends (unlike in P3).
>>
>>342999319
>1998
>The last big name game on the PS2

>Persona 4 Golden
>The only reason to buy a VITA
>>
>>343000576
I'd rather feel like I have friends than surround myself than assholes.
>>
>>342999319
You can play as chad, normalfag want to be a chad
>>
>>343000910

Then you're a Yu, as opposed to an Adachi.
>>
>>342999319
It was a lot more safe
From the nuetral characters to the ones that just want to climb on your dick
as well as the story changes from the darker original to the more upbeat version
>>
>>343000910
Learn the language, retard.
>>
File: 19cg7bgf2qd5pjpg.jpg (227 KB, 1600x746) Image search: [Google]
19cg7bgf2qd5pjpg.jpg
227 KB, 1600x746
High school drama shit. You can ad high school shit to anything and make it more popular.
>>
>>343001152
I have not,
>>
it told a unique story. P3 is your standard by the numbers unlikely heroes band together to stop the ancient evil JRPG story.

P4 is this weird japanese version of the 1960's Scooby Doo cartoon with tons of humor and quirky attitude.
>>
>>342999319
had the right marketing, hyped up after FES
brighter
you can control your allies
>>
>>342999319
literally nanako
>>
None of the characters were really likable in 4, especially anyone who wasn't in the main cast and everyone had really shallow problems in their social links.
At least Chie, Naoto, Yukiko and Kanji were cute.
>>
File: 2016-04-06-214726.jpg (146 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06-214726.jpg
146 KB, 960x544
>>343000842
You got it
>>
>>342999319
I've not seen many normies talk about Persona or SMT in general, it feels like a niche but a popular niche.

Kinda like deadly premonition, but I've heard more from normies about FF and kingdom hearts.
>>
You tell me, whenever you go look up a thread where a newfriend asks what Persona game should he start with and everyone says 4.
>>
>>343003526
Because its the weakest entry in the series with the easiest dungeon crawling mechanics it has left in it.
2 is arguably the best in the series but it's combat is pretty terrible, especially when you get to EP because you HAVE to deal with demon negotiations / fusion.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.