[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhD HbpVhqAw&list=WL An
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDHbpVhqAw&list=WL

Anyone else feel the developer is extremely dodgey and never straight-up answers questions put forward on specific aspects of the game.

Seems like the interviews done before.

What's you guys' thoughts?
Will it be good?
>>
Why does the background look like a CRT television display.
>>
>>342992260
Randomly generated shit is always boring.

It works in shit like ARPGs because they're loot driven.

No idea here.
>>
>>342992260
>Anyone else feel the developer is extremely dodgey and never straight-up answers questions put forward on specific aspects of the game.

It's not a matter of a feeling. Have you seen this interview?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM

Despite this and it being listed on both Steam and GOG as a singleplayer game you still easily find people that believe it's a multiplayer game.

I'm still interested in it but certainly not for $60 USD.
>>
>>342992362
The player character is wearing some kind of visor that can scan the environment
>>
>>342992260
That turtle is kawaii as fuck

but I'm afraid to pre-order. I've been burned hard too many times already.
>>
It will be impressive, but I seriously doubt it'll be fun after 7-8 hours.
>>
Think it would possible to cheat engine your jump height so you can jump from planet to planet?
>>
>>342994521
No.
>>
>>342993750
Then dont? Just wait til it comes out and see for yourself if its worth throwing money at or not. Jesus...
>>
>>342992260
>game releases
>all the mainstream paid cuck reviewers give it 9/10, 8.5/10, editors choice etc etc
>after a week or so of people thinking the game is good, it will turn sour
>planets are not 1:1 scale at all and are actually pretty small, can be circumnavigated in about 25 minutes
>turns out there are only a few planet biome types, with little variation between them
>the same monsters will appear over and over again, with only a few changes like bigger horns or something
>turns out wandering around and scanning rocks doesn't make for fun gameplay
>trading will be repetitive as fuck (go to this planet, find generic resource #3, and sell it at generic space-station #4)
>since there are no towns, there will be nothing interesting to spend money on or other players to lord it over
>spaceship combat will be underwhelming, with little tactical choice to be made
>ground combat will be shit since there are no NPCs besides generic sentry bots and wild animals that probably wont even fight back
>ground combat is non-existent
>'faction' system will be completely underdeveloped. will probably end up with something like 'you traded with blue alien, so red alien doesn't like you'
>unless of course you do a trivial side-quest, in which case they forget everything and start trading with you again
>people will still be butthurt that they can't do multiplayer
>reward for getting to the center of the universe will be some shit meme-weapon or something equally bland
>autists like Jim Sterling will make videos explaining all of the above with righteous fury, forgetting that video games aren't really that important even at the best of times
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.